Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Jacque Tati animated film THE ILLUSIONIST trailer (Triplets of Belleville director)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Jacque Tati animated film THE ILLUSIONIST trailer (Triplets of Belleville director)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-10, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This film is based on an unproduced script by Jacques Tati, and will be starring an animated version of Tati himself.

TRAILER:

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/G0I6T1RzdPk&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/G0I6T1RzdPk&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

INTERVIEW w/movie clips:
<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/M3xCjPmaTfY&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/M3xCjPmaTfY&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>
Old 03-17-10, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Jacque Tati animated film THE ILLUSIONIST trailer (Triplets of Belleville directo

Interesting. The look of the film is lovely, and they really nailed Tati's mannerisms from what I can see in the trailer. It looks like a real labour of love, will definitely check it out in theatres if it plays in Toronto.
Old 03-17-10, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Jacque Tati animated film THE ILLUSIONIST trailer (Triplets of Belleville directo

Looks good but I could just not get into Triplets of Belleville at all. It bored me to death and its "social commentary" had all the subtlety of a wrecking ball.
Old 03-17-10, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"The Triplets of Belleville" is one of my favorite films of the last decade - and one that holds up incredibly well on repeat viewings. His insurance commercial is also pretty awesome.

This one looks to have an equally fantastic style, and I'm very excited for it. Let's hope it gets a decent theatrical release.
Old 03-17-10, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

I loved Triplets of Belleville and this trailer looks great. Can't wait for it.

I'll take this over a Pixar film any day of the week.
Old 03-18-10, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Glad to see animation like this is still being made.