Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon.com/UK question

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon.com/UK question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-10, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon.com/UK question

So I ordered some blu-rays from Amazon.com/uk a couple weeks ago. They were shipped on 2/23 and I still haven't received them. Has anybody else had problems ordering from them and how long was your delivery time? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-10-10, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Amazon.com/UK question

stuff for me usually takes 10-14 at most but I'm in philadelphia so I don't know if its any diffeent for other folks around the country. Also, not as likely (as long as they were shipped air mail) but they might be in customs if the package is large. one time I ordered like 20 dvds and they were in customs for a couple of days only because of the size, otherwise the US is pretty easy custom's wise.
Old 03-10-10, 03:42 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I used to get stuff in a matter of days, but my last order took nearly a month. I know they were having postal strikes in the U.K. though I am not sure if they are still going on. I would give it a little more time and then contact them. Amazon is great at making it good. You will get either a replacement or a refund very promptly.
Old 03-10-10, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Is it past your estimated delivery date?

I've ordered with Amazon UK many times and get my stuff usually within a week or week and a half.

I recently placed an order last Wednesday and it shipped within 24 hours.
Old 03-11-10, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The estimated delivery was March 4. They asked me to wait until March 18th for a refund but after complaining they agreed to refund me today. Silly question but does the refund automatically convert back to dollars when they refund me?
Old 03-11-10, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

My Amazon UK stuff always shows up within a week of shipment. Maybe something's happening with customs in your part of the country.
Old 03-11-10, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by HydroX2
Silly question but does the refund automatically convert back to dollars when they refund me?
Usually how it works is they bill your credit card in pounds, and the credit card company converts that over the the appropriate amount in US Dollars as far as what appears on your statement. I imagine the refund would work the same way, but if exchange rates have fluctuated at all since your purchase, the amount you get back in USD may not be exactly the same amount you were originally billed (because they will issue your refund in pounds, and you will get the equivalant amount as to what that equals in US Funds today).
Old 03-11-10, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for your help guys. What are the chances that 2 seperate Amazon orders would get lost in one week (1 US and 1 UK). I've never had problems with Amazon in the past. It sucks bc Amazon UK had some blu-rays that I can't get here in the states.
Old 03-11-10, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by HydroX2
Thanks for your help guys. What are the chances that 2 seperate Amazon orders would get lost in one week (1 US and 1 UK). I've never had problems with Amazon in the past. It sucks bc Amazon UK had some blu-rays that I can't get here in the states.
If it's been 2+ weeks, .co.uk usually just replaces them for you.

Just send them a message and they'll take care of it.

For .com, it's YMMV as to if they'll replace it or just refund you, so it's best to just send a message to both sites explaining the situation.
Old 03-11-10, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got a refund today from Amazon UK. I didn't feel like waiting until the 18th to get a replacement order when I'm almost positive it has been lost in transit. If, by some miracle, I get the package; I will just let them know and have them charge me for it. As for Amazon.com, they are sending me a replacement order on the 15th since they don't have what I ordered in stock. I emailed the USPS about the Amazon order because I have a delivery conf. # that is still showing it as "shipping info received" but of course I haven't heard back from them.
Old 03-11-10, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It wasn't even a month yet. Wow, why so impatient? Media Mail takes sometimes that long within the US. I would have waited. I am pretty sure your packages will show up at your door soon.
Old 03-11-10, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Last question. How long does it typically take for the refund to show up in my account. It was refunded today but I didn't see anything in my account. I'm guessing it takes a couple days.
Old 02-24-11, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I usually get my .co.uk stuff within a week. On my most recent order, the estimated delivery date has just passed at the three week point.

Has anyone else experienced slow delivery times lately with .co.uk?
Old 02-24-11, 06:07 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have had 2 orders from the U.K. take more than 30 days to get to me and I live on the East Coast.
Old 02-24-11, 06:17 PM

The only order that took quite some time to arrive was the Alien Anthology Blu-ray set. Subsequently, I did order on Feb 6th from an Amazon UK vendor and it took a week as usual. I'm in CT.
Old 02-24-11, 07:19 PM

I ordered from Amazon UK at the beginning of January, and it took exactly six weeks for the item to arrive. Another item was promised for about a week ago, and it hasn't arrived yet. So they may be experiencing some kind of slowdowns in delivery.
Old 02-24-11, 11:40 PM

I had ordered an item from Amazon UK, and it took 4 weeks to arrive in Colorado. I chalked it up to all the nasty weather that was going on in the Eastern US at the time.
Old 02-25-11, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Made my first and only order from the UK site a day or so before Christmas. The first estimated delivery date of Jan 20th passed with no delivery. I emailed them on Jan 28th (per their instructions) and they claim to have re-sent my item with an estimated delivery of Feb 20th. Still haven't received anything. Not impressed.
Old 02-25-11, 06:58 AM

Around November/early December 2010, the U.S. increased the security and inspections for international "delivery" flights (I forget the exact details, but I think this was in response to the discovery of several unexploded bombs in packages on UPS airplanes coming from Europe -- or something like that). It was right around this time that items I ordered from Amazon UK and other UK outlets started taking 3-4 weeks (sometimes up to 5 weeks) instead of about 1 week (I live in Pennsylvania).

For Amazon UK, using expedited delivery to the US would probably speed things up, but that adds 20 pounds or so to the order total. I don't think there's much Amazon UK can do about the situation, since it has happened (at least, to me) with orders from other UK outlets as well.
Old 02-25-11, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by diditagain
Around November/early December 2010, the U.S. increased the security and inspections for international "delivery" flights (I forget the exact details, but I think this was in response to the discovery of several unexploded bombs in packages on UPS airplanes coming from Europe -- or something like that). It was right around this time that items I ordered from Amazon UK and other UK outlets started taking 3-4 weeks (sometimes up to 5 weeks) instead of about 1 week (I live in Pennsylvania).

For Amazon UK, using expedited delivery to the US would probably speed things up, but that adds 20 pounds or so to the order total. I don't think there's much Amazon UK can do about the situation, since it has happened (at least, to me) with orders from other UK outlets as well.
This. I ordered a backup set of Battle Royale directly from Arrow and it took just under 6 weeks. I kept in contact with them and they explained the same scenario and apologized profusely. Had I not received the set by today (it came Tuesday), they would've either issued a refund or replacement. They told me they were very embarrassed about the situation even though it was completely out of their hands.
Old 02-25-11, 03:31 PM
Cool New Member

I've had 2 big Amazon.co.uk orders to the USA go missing in the past month.

One order shipped Dec. 31, 2010 and simply vanished into the ether. Amazon made me wait 5 weeks before I could officially request a replacement - which arrived 7 days later. The original has yet to surface.

The other order finally showed up yesterday (49 days after shipping), having spent some quality time being opened/repackaged in a USPS sorting facility in KC (looks like the not-so-sticky shipping label came off). All items were present and perfect.

In all my correspondence with amazon customer service, not once was any sort of Homeland Security delay mentioned. "Something may have gone awry with your order" was all I got. No kidding.
Old 02-27-11, 11:43 AM

If Amazon UK's slow delivery times should become permanent, they need to look at adding a third option between snail mail and 2nd day air--something in between, with tracking involved. I'd pay a few more bucks for that.
Old 02-28-11, 06:39 PM

Maybe the increased security is easing now. While all my orders from late November to early January took 4-5 weeks, my most recent order arrived very quickly. On Feb. 19, I ordered two DVDs and one CD from Amazon UK. The CD arrived last Saturday (Feb. 26) and the two DVDs arrived today (Feb. 28)!
Old 03-03-11, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I want to piggyback on this thread. Does anyone know if Amazon gift cards bought at the U.S. Amazon site (with dollar denominations of course) works at Amazon.UK (Or any other Amazon site for that matter)?
Old 03-03-11, 10:06 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Ringmaster
I want to piggyback on this thread. Does anyone know if Amazon gift cards bought at the U.S. Amazon site (with dollar denominations of course) works at Amazon.UK (Or any other Amazon site for that matter)?
I tried before, they never worked for me. I am going to say no they do not.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.