Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

36" TV's

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-00, 05:05 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm planning to upgrade from my 27" Sony. What are some good deals for quality sets? I've been looking mainly at Toshibas - they seem to look as good as a regular Sony Trinitron for less money.

I'd like to keep the price under $1000. It'd be hard coming up with $2k, but has anyone had experience with the RCA MM36100? The 930 line resolution is very impressive.
Old 08-04-00, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I hate shelling out all of that money also...just remember that this is a purchase you will probably live with for the next several years so think about spending more money and maybe purchasing a 36in Sony Wega!!!!
Old 08-04-00, 02:06 PM

I just bought the Toshiba 36A50 a week or two ago, and I like it quite a bit. I looked at the Sony's, but they weren't worth the extra $700 to me. The Toshiba was $899 at Best Buy. There may be better deals on it at various online sites, But I wanted it that day

-Cavalier

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Sabs:
I'm planning to upgrade from my 27" Sony. What are some good deals for quality sets? I've been looking mainly at Toshibas - they seem to look as good as a regular Sony Trinitron for less money.

I'd like to keep the price under $1000. It'd be hard coming up with $2k, but has anyone had experience with the RCA MM36100? The 930 line resolution is very impressive.
<HR>

Old 08-04-00, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

djones, I disagree. Technology is changing and the move to HDTV is coming over the next few years. Spending the money on a wega for most people will not be worth it... Especially since it's almost double..

The Tosh is a great value.
Old 08-04-00, 03:48 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Legend

Received 116 Likes on 75 Posts
Wega TVs have gotten a lot cheaper this year, but a 36" still costs close to $1500. I like my 27" Wega but I use it in a small room without HT setup. They are definitely not cheap.
Old 08-04-00, 04:11 PM
Cool New Member

I've seen the new wegas with the speakers on the bottom, how do these differ from the older models?

I could afford a KV32FS12 Wega at around $1k...my only concern is I'd later be wishing I had a 36" TV. However, if the picture benefits outwiegh the size difference, I may just go with the Wega. Since Best Buy has a crappy signal hooked up to their TV's I'll rely on you to give me your opinions. I -have- seen DVD on a Wega and it was very impressive, but I haven't seen the same DVD on a Toshiba to compare it.