Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Copying to remove coding? (DVD Cloner)

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-10, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure if this in the correct forum, sorry if it is not.

I recently bought Breaking Bad Season 2 from Australia, a region 4 set but I'm in the USA R1. I read that there were hacks for dvd players, which the one I found for mine did not work. I then researched the issue further and found that there is software I could buy that would copy the disks and remove the region coding. I selected DVD Cloner's latest version and have been having a terrible time getting my disks copied. After inserted the disk I want to burn to, I end up getting a message telling me that burning failed: Please make sure the DVD R/RW is compatible with your burner and they are of high quality. Make sure there is enough free disk space for the movie. You may set a lower burning speed in the advanced setup and try again. Please do not run other programs during the burning process.

I just bought these DVD+R DL disks tonight, and this laptop is about a month old. I'm pretty sure it's compatible.

It required me to use the larger DVD-9's for this burn, which I obviously have and they are brand new, how could they not have enough space?

My burn speed is set at 4x, the disks are capable of 8x.

I'm not doing anything but twiddling my thumbs during the burn process, everything else is closed.

I just don't understand what in the world this isn't working for, and I'm getting really ticked off and don't know what else to do. Does anyone have any help they can provide?
Old 02-22-10, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Re: Copying to remove coding? (DVD Cloner)

Read this:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tech-talk/4...-material.html

I suggest buying a multi-region DVD player, one with PAL-NTSC conversion. Not only will you be able to play your Breaking Bad Season 2 set, but it'll open up a world of other DVD options to you.