Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Stan Helsing, from an exec producer of Scary Movie 2009

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 02-22-10, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before anyone asks, yes this is real

It's Halloween night, and slacker video clerk Stan Helsing along with his insanely sexy ex-girlfriend , best buddy and an exotic dancer/'massage therapist' - detours into a town cursed by the biggest monsters in movie history: Freddy, Jason , Pinhead , Leatherface , Chucky , & Michael Myers.
and Leslie Nielson does have a part in it. I have not seen or rented it, but i know someone here prob will
Old 02-22-10, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Re: Stan Helsing, from an exec producer of Scary Movie 2009

I reviewed this movie several months ago: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/39661/stan-helsing/

So did The O, and he was much less kind: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/38716/stan-helsing/
Old 02-22-10, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hasn't this been available on dvd for several months now? I thought we were doing the right thing and pretending it didn't exist.
Old 02-22-10, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why is Diora Baird in shit like this when she could be here, with me, sitting on my lap.
Old 02-22-10, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I watched this a while back. Pretty freaking terrible.
Old 02-22-10, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dino88
Hasn't this been available on dvd for several months now? I thought we were doing the right thing and pretending it didn't exist.
Yeah, it's been out for a while, and it's common knowledge that it's complete garbage (as if the title, cover, and "from the executive producer of Scary Movie" didn't clue you in).
Old 02-22-10, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

A friend mine had actually recommended this to me cos she really liked it (unless she meant a different movie with the same title). Oh well. At least she was right about Lesbian Vampire Killers (renamed simply Vampire Killers in the US).
Old 02-22-10, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My five year old son loves this movie.
Old 02-24-10, 06:43 PM

From the executive producer of that other piece of crap comes a new piping hot turd!
Old 02-24-10, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the love of God, stay far away from this one. I started a thread in the review folder months ago after I watched it:

No Brian, I'm not starting this to argue with you. Someone would have to be a complete fool to go there. Instead I actually just wanted to say that I agree with this review 100%. If anything I'd say you weren't rough enough on this pile of manure and put way too much thought into being professional with what you wrote.

This is, without a doubt, one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my entire life. It is truly an abomination in film form. For those of you who haven't seen this one, don't, save yourself from going through with it. Just take a second and imagine the worst of the Friedberg/Seltzer pairing that Brian mentions at the end of the review, just think about any of those if you have seen them.

This movie is way beyond the horrible that is those pitiful excuses for movies. Just sitting here, I can't think of a worse movie that I've seen anytime lately than Stan Helsing.
Old 02-24-10, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Brent L
For the love of God, stay far away from this one. I started a thread in the review folder months ago after I watched it:

No Brian, I'm not starting this to argue with you. Someone would have to be a complete fool to go there. Instead I actually just wanted to say that I agree with this review 100%. If anything I'd say you weren't rough enough on this pile of manure and put way too much thought into being professional with what you wrote.

This is, without a doubt, one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my entire life. It is truly an abomination in film form. For those of you who haven't seen this one, don't, save yourself from going through with it. Just take a second and imagine the worst of the Friedberg/Seltzer pairing that Brian mentions at the end of the review, just think about any of those if you have seen them.

This movie is way beyond the horrible that is those pitiful excuses for movies. Just sitting here, I can't think of a worse movie that I've seen anytime lately than Stan Helsing.
I can hardly believe anyone would try and claim anything is worse than Epic Movie, including this one, but that's just me.
Old 02-24-10, 09:51 PM
Banned

I honestly had no idea this film even existed until seeing this thread. And I knew about Cabin Fever 2 long ago and about the new forthcoming Puppet Master movie coming out this summer -- which looks equally as bad.

I just saw the trailer, and it's terrible. I know the film's out already, but it completely passed me by. And that usually doesn't happen.

Looks even worse than most of the 2009 horror offerings.
Old 02-24-10, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Cocacoladude78
Looks even worse than most of the 2009 horror offerings.
It's a spoof comedy, not a horror movie.
Old 02-24-10, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

it does have her in it