Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

I Drink Your Blood

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-10, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Drink Your Blood

I am new to this site, but have been collecting DVDs for many years now. I started selling off my Horror Film Collection and was curious if anyone knows the value of an opened copy of "I Drink Your Blood" (1971) Box Office Spectaculars Release from 2002. The only info I have found on this is that it was a Limited Edition run of 500 copies and was not available in stores. It has since been released twice in 2004 and 2006 but with different back cover art. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-19-10, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: I Drink Your Blood

You'll want to see what it's selling for on ebay. You can check prices on Amazon but just because it's listed at a price doesn't mean it's actually selling.

When selling things like this where the only prices are super high on Amazon, I'll always list it a decent amount lower, since it'll still be overpriced but you have a better chance of getting someone that's been monitoring the prices for it. If they see one that's much lower than the other one's, you have a good chance they'll bite.

On the negative side, the time to have sold that would've been before other versions came out since now the only people that would be interested are ones that really want the number of the limited edition and wouldn't rather spend less to get the same thing, minus it being "limited".

Last edited by The Man with the Golden Doujinshi; 02-19-10 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-19-10, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Mister Peepers is right. It probably would've been worth something right before the re-releases.

If I'm not mistaken the 2006 re-release has all the same A/V specs and features as the 2002 Grindhouse Releasing/Box Office release?

Also, I think the most sought after release of the film at least by Horror Collectors, would be the first run of Signed Editions Grindhouse Releasing put out autographed by Cast/Crew which I think was limited to 500.
Old 02-19-10, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When I came into a thread titled "I Drink Your Blood" started by someone with "zombie" in their name... I had different expectations.