Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Vigilante'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-10, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Ian Jane's DVD review of Vigilante at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=41901 and...I have to agree ...the storyline is questionable, the lead is poorly chosen and hard to believe, but the three villians really save the day. Top points for these three, and minimum points for the director and writer. (Aash Aaron I believe, who is currently heading for his third strike out with an unsuccessful run of poor written, even more poorly directed movies to his credit) I hate to say it, but this is definitely a "skip it" movie
Old 02-25-10, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DVD Talk review of 'Vigilante'

I was on the crew of this film. The director always allocates roles in his films to his own students (if you want a role you have to do lessons with me) and the type of role you get depends on who pays the most to him or to the film and how much he can use your name. The lead was given the role because he was the main finance not because he could act. Maximum quality scenes ended up on the floor through spite because of fighting between the director and the lead ( it became a court battle) and the lack of logical story line is the result. Why the director insisted on putting his name to so much in the film is beyond me because the last thing he needed was another bombed out film to his credit! But, most of us worked hard on it and credit where credit due, the bad guys were good at what they did so watch it for that.