Search this Thread

Old 02-13-10, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Old Dogs, Princess & the Frog, Toy Story 1&2 $5/$10 Coupons

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Disney does Blu right in so many ways.
...WHEN they actually do Blu!

Seriously....has any other studio announced as many titles and then indefinitely delayed them as Disney has?? Plus, no other major studio is as stingy about catalog releases as them....
Disney gets high marks for quality in my book: every single BD they have released has had lossless audio, and only one title that I can remember ("Gangs Of New York", which has now been fixed) has ever had any serious visual issues....now Disney just needs to up their QUANTITY to keep us happy....
Old 02-13-10, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Disney does Blu right in so many ways. Thanks.
that they do! minus the first version of Gangs of New York, everything disney has released on bluray has looked fantastic and not lacking on the special features.
Old 02-14-10, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by WMAangel
...WHEN they actually do Blu!

Seriously....has any other studio announced as many titles and then indefinitely delayed them as Disney has?? Plus, no other major studio is as stingy about catalog releases as them....
Disney gets high marks for quality in my book: every single BD they have released has had lossless audio, and only one title that I can remember ("Gangs Of New York", which has now been fixed) has ever had any serious visual issues....now Disney just needs to up their QUANTITY to keep us happy....
And maybe that's why it takes them so long? If they released many at one time there might not be that many coupons available.
Old 02-14-10, 10:45 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by sotra
And maybe that's why it takes them so long? If they released many at one time there might not be that many coupons available.
Coupons are only for there New Releases and Animated Catalog.
Old 02-14-10, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Coupons are only for there New Releases and Animated Catalog.
Which is still heads above any other studio.
Old 02-14-10, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

My wife already pre-paid, which I didn't think they could make you do, for the Princess and the Frog at the Disney store. I just told her about this coupon as I'm just now seeing it. They better allow her to get the 10 bucks off or I told her just to return it for the full amount and repurchase it. Now, my question is has anyone else on here pre-paid a BD from the Disney store to later get ahold of a coupon and apply it to the purchase? I'm the one that buys all of the BDs and the one time that she buys one she might not even get close to the best deal on it. She pre-paid for it because of some lithographs they were offering. Lithos or not I want the 10 bucks off!
Old 02-15-10, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

$5 off a combo pack of 2 movies, but $10 off of single movies? That makes no sense whatsoever!
Old 02-15-10, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
My wife already pre-paid, which I didn't think they could make you do, for the Princess and the Frog at the Disney store. I just told her about this coupon as I'm just now seeing it. They better allow her to get the 10 bucks off or I told her just to return it for the full amount and repurchase it. Now, my question is has anyone else on here pre-paid a BD from the Disney store to later get ahold of a coupon and apply it to the purchase? I'm the one that buys all of the BDs and the one time that she buys one she might not even get close to the best deal on it. She pre-paid for it because of some lithographs they were offering. Lithos or not I want the 10 bucks off!
the disney soda and fountain shop gift store on hollywood blvd at the el cap theatre doesnt accept the coupons if you have pre paid for them.

Disney venus (theme park, store, giftshops) are allways the highest price for the movies anyway.
your bestbet is to get a refund and buy it at bestbuy or walmart or the like.

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 02-15-10 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-15-10, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by The Monkees
$5 off a combo pack of 2 movies, but $10 off of single movies? That makes no sense whatsoever!
It's not a combo pack of 2 movies, it's $5 off the BD/DVD Combo pack of each of Toy Story and Toy Story 2. And if you buy them together and use the coupon, you should be able to save $20 total, as pointed out by the OP:

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY
This last one can be used off of each Toy Story so you would save $10 total. There is an additional offer in-store when you buy both Toy Stories at once you save $10 Instantly. So using the Instant in-store offer (don't need anything for this) and the Online Disney Coupon (must print this off and bring it in) you can save $20 if you buy Toy Story 1 and 2 on March 23rd.

Last edited by Obi-Wanma; 02-15-10 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-15-10, 10:48 AM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
It's not a combo pack of 2 movies, it's $5 off the BD/DVD Combo pack of each of Toy Story and Toy Story 2. And if you buy them together and use the coupon, you should be able to save $20 total, as pointed out by the OP:
My fault I didn't see that
Old 02-15-10, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Drav3n
that they do! minus the first version of Gangs of New York, everything disney has released on bluray has looked fantastic and not lacking on the special features.
The "Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back", "Dinosaur", and "Pearl Harbor" discs would disagree with that assessment....

(Yeah, I know, all three were VERY EARLY (circa-2006) Disney titles, but still!)
Old 02-15-10, 12:02 PM

Re: Ponyo, Old Dogs, Princess & the Frog, Toy Story 1&2 $5/$10 Coupons

Got this from Brana from FS forum.

www.PonyoCoupon.com - Save $10 off the BD Combo Pack with Coupon (Valid 3/2 - 3/9)

www.OldDogsCoupon.com - Save $10 off the BD Combo Pack with Coupon (Valid 3/9 - 3/16)

www.PrincessAndTheFrogCoupon.com - Save $10 off the BD Combo Pack with Coupon (Valid 3/16 - 3/21)

www.toystorysave5.com - Save $5 off the BD Combo Pack with Coupon (Valid 3/23 - 3/30)

This last one can be used off of each Toy Story so you would save $10 total. There is an additional offer in-store when you buy both Toy Stories at once you save $10 Instantly. So using the Instant in-store offer (don't need anything for this) and the Online Disney Coupon (must print this off and bring it in) you can save $20 if you buy Toy Story 1 and 2 on March 23rd. Not a bad little deal! Thought you guys would want to know

P.S. These coupons are not LIVE yet.
combining these coupons with Toys R Us's deal, will make this a very good deal. Here is what was posted about TRU over at blu-ray.com

----------------------------------------------------------------

Toys R Us just started a Toy Story Pre-order deal.

Pre-order Toy Story 1 & 2, Save $15 off any Disney title $19.99+
Pre-order Toy Story 1 OR 2, Save $5 off any Disney title $14.99+

If you wait until 16 March, you can use your $15 towards The Princess and the Frog, which is what I will be doing.

They will also allow you to use the manufacturers coupons, so depending on how much they are worth, this should work out to be a pretty good deal if you want all three movies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Assuming that TRU will have the blu-rays for $25 you could get both Toy Stories and Princess and the Frog for a total of $30, If Toys R Us charges $20 a blu it will only cost $15

Toy Story = $25
Toy Story 2 = $25
Princess = $25
$10 off Frog = -$10
$5 off TS1 = -$5
$5 off TS2 = -$5
Instore TS = -$10
TRU save $15 = -$15

Total = $30

Comes out to $10 a Blu
Old 02-15-10, 12:31 PM

Wow, I hate TRU, but wow.
Old 02-15-10, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by acdcrocks1980
If Toys R Us charges $20 a blu it will only cost $15
Actually it will cost $20, because you will have more coupons than you can use for PATF. If PATF costs $20, they're not going to accept $25 in coupons and return the extra 5 bucks to you.

Either way though, when you go to pick up PATF, essentially it will be free (+tax).
Old 02-15-10, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Got this from Brana from FS forum.
There is an additional offer in-store when you buy both Toy Stories at once you save $10 Instantly....
Will this be a peel-off coupon a la Up/Monsters, Inc.?

If so, I found this very much YMMV depending on which store I visited.
Old 02-15-10, 06:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are these coupons going to come up so we can print them? If not, can someone list them.
Old 02-15-10, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Cancelled my Amazon order. Got the feeling there will be a coupon frenzy with the two Toy Story movies when they come out. Can always reorder.
Old 02-15-10, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by darkhawk
Are these coupons going to come up so we can print them? If not, can someone list them.
Huh? Did you read the OP? When we get closer to the release dates they will go live and you can print them out. IIRC there was one or more that didn't go live before on the actual day of release with some of the earlier Disney releases.
Old 02-15-10, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Will this be a peel-off coupon a la Up/Monsters, Inc.?

If so, I found this very much YMMV depending on which store I visited.
No its a printable manufacturer coupon where I posted the link above.

Originally Posted by darkhawk
Yes when the link is live sometime on the weekend before release date.
Old 02-16-10, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Actually it will cost $20, because you will have more coupons than you can use for PATF. If PATF costs $20, they're not going to accept $25 in coupons and return the extra 5 bucks to you.

Either way though, when you go to pick up PATF, essentially it will be free (+tax).
It might actually work if you buy other stuff. At some stores, if you have coupons totalling over the amount of the product but you have other items to keep the total from going below $0, it will just take it off the total. In other words, it Princess and the Frog would be $5 after the TS pre-buy promo, but as long as you have more than $5 of other stuff then the coupon will still work as it usually comes off the total at the bottom of the receipt and not the price of the item itself. So it would probably look like this:

Princess and the Frog: $4.99
$19.99 - $15 TS pre-buy promo

Misc. Items: $5.01+

MFG coupon $10.00

The coupon would only check to see if you purchased the movie and see if you have more than $10 in your final total. It won't check the price of the movie itself. So you should be good. Though some may look at that as getting PatF for free and getting $5 of other stuff for free (or $5 off other stuff).

No its a printable manufacturer coupon where I posted the link above.
I think he was talking about the $10 off when you buy both TS1 & TS2. The Monsters Inc. / Up deal was a YMMV as people were using the $10 Up coupon, the $8 Monsters Inc. coupon and the $10 off both MFG coupon (not counting the $10 Target coupon). It worked for some and not others as you were using 3 mfg coupons for 2 items. Some people found that it would work if you added an item for the mfg coupon to attach to, but others didn't. If the deal is an automatic $10 off (or a store coupon) instead of a mfg coupon it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 02-16-10, 09:04 AM

thought the coupons said participating retailers, not sure if DisneyStore is one..

DG
Old 02-16-10, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I still just want to know if bestbuy is going to offer free steelbooks if you pre order any of the toy storys or princess and the frog.
Old 02-17-10, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

When we were at the Disney store a week or so ago, they had their own $10 off offer if you pre-ordered the movie. $10 off what price though, I have no idea. I figured it would still be cheaper if I just waited for this coupon and found the best deal.
Old 02-26-10, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

PONYO coupon is active. Just printed mine out. $10 off on the blu ray combo pack, not on the single disc blu ray.
Old 02-26-10, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
PONYO coupon is active. Just printed mine out. $10 off on the blu ray combo pack, not on the single disc blu ray.
Whereabouts? I just clicked the link in the original post, and it's still inactive.

EDIT: Nevermind, working now.

Last edited by gryffinmaster; 02-26-10 at 07:29 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.