Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Need help hooking my panasonic dvd-l10 up to a tv.

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Need help hooking my panasonic dvd-l10 up to a tv.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-00, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going on a trip and am staying in a hotel and would like to be able to use this on their tv. But the thing is I do not see a way to hook it up to one. There is a s-video plug on the back of the unit, but I am sure that there is no s-plug on the back of the tv's that hotels use. There is also line in/out plugs (white and yellow) but they are larger than normal a/v plugs so I cound not get this to work.
I went to Panasonic's web site and looked to see if they offered anything that would help me do this and all they had was Audio optical cable (3.3 ft.) with square-plug ends. Now, I do not know anything about these plugs but I think that these are used to hook up to the a/v inputs that I have on the back of the player. That is why the plugs are a diffrent size then normal a/v wires.

So, is there a way to do this? Please help me out here.. I leave friday morning so I need to find out what I need so that I can buy it today and have it overnighted to me.

Thanks!
Old 08-02-00, 03:33 PM

Anyone? Anyone know?
Old 08-02-00, 03:56 PM

If there is a cable-in on the hotel tv then you should be able to use the RCA A/V cables along with an RF mudulator to hook it up to the tv.
Old 08-02-00, 05:39 PM

The thing is they are not standard size a/c cables. the inputs are bigger holes and there is no place for the outside slide covers to go. I think they are some sort of digital inputs because it says optical audio out IPCM/ Bitstream. So that idae will not work. That and I tred to do that yesterday.