Reload this Page >

Old unshipped orders now being sent

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 02-05-10, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 276 Likes on 207 Posts

I had recently posted about not getting items on an order i placed before X-mas. Today i received all of these titles, about 7 weeks after I placed the order for them. I had given up on expecting these items being shipped.

Here's what's even stranger. I also received Friday the 13th parts 1, 2, and 3. These items were never shipped on an order I placed in January of 2009. I had since bought these elsewhere.

All of these dvd's were shipped on the 3rd of February. i checked my credit card and do not see and charges for them. I would have thought they would charge the card first before shipping.

Anyone else receiving old, previously unfulfilled orders?
Old 02-05-10, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Old unshipped orders now being sent

Yep, sure did. DVDs from April and May. Over $80 of old bullshit. Called them, surprisingly she didn't understand why they shipped. Told me not to open the packages and write "refused - return to sender". Should expect a refund next week.

UGH - ch are really letting me down lately. First no good codes and now this.
Old 02-05-10, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now if they would send King of Queens Complete Series.
Old 02-06-10, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Now if they would send King of Queens Complete Series.
That was my exact thought when I saw the thread title.
Old 02-06-10, 11:33 AM
Cool New Member

Same here... Only I'm receiving titles like How the Grinch Stole Christmas & Miracle on 34th Street. Oh Yippie!!! I ordered them in October.
Old 02-06-10, 12:43 PM

If you don't get charged for them ... Late Christmas Presents! ;-) (Well, depending on your morals ...)

My guess is the site conversion caused old orders in limbo to be sent to the warehouse when they updated the database.

As long as the order that appeared on my account that I never authorized (it was placed "because someone must have misunderstood" according to the phone CSR who said she cancelled it in January) stays gone ... I'll be happy. It was still showing as "back ordered" on my old order history page .. even though the phone CSR said she cancelled it ... and it disappeared from my order history when the site converted (hopefully due to a successful cancellation that never updated on the old site). LOL.
Old 02-06-10, 12:45 PM

Just curious ... Are the shipped movies showing in your new "order history" screen?
Old 02-06-10, 03:49 PM
Cool New Member

Some are on my order history page, and some are not. Hmm... Guess we are seeing one of the first glitches from the new site.
Funny thing.. yesterday it said I owed money, and now I don't.
Come on King of Queens... be out there in the hands of USPS!!
Old 02-06-10, 03:53 PM
Cool New Member

I stand corrected... (still getting used to the new site) Yes.. all of the movies are on my order history page.
Old 02-06-10, 05:07 PM

^ They only transferred over two orders from my order history .... and renumbered them 1 and 2. The second order, for some reason, did not include tax in its total (though, I was charged tax on all items). On Thursday or so, the total finally showed tax again. There are plenty of glitches in this site.

Mind you, my name is still showing incorrectly (even though they told me they corrected it). I'll give it a full week before bothering them again about it ...
Old 02-08-10, 03:38 PM

I'm having HUGE problems with them. I placed an order on 1/29. I check my account to see the status and the order is GONE. So next step is to check the card and the temporary hold expired and they never took the money. WTF is going on over there?
Old 02-08-10, 05:12 PM

^ Just curious: Did you try calling to check the status with the automated phone system? In the past, it has given a different status than online ... 1-800-262-2001.
Old 02-09-10, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sci-Fi Wasabi
... Told me not to open the packages and write "refused - return to sender". Should expect a refund next week. ...
I don't see everything on my order history page, so I have to open it to see what's in it. Don't want to refuse something that I actually want.

I think it's pretty funny that these orders from April are getting processed now. *sigh* Hopefully the big dumb animal will still be the big dumb animal so we can continue to get the deals ....

-Zoe
Old 02-11-10, 06:33 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

They sent me a letter today wanting a different credit card for these old orders. I closed the credit card account I was using. So I didnt get any old orders yet.
Old 02-14-10, 03:04 PM

I just got a shipment confirmation for the 2 titles in a TV Club enrollment from January 1 that I had assumed was lost. It was an HDL enrollment, and it looks like they charged me $9.96. I don't have a Welcome to the Club email, and the shipment notice doesn't have an account number or anything like that. It even says "You ordered this title on ." I'm assuming that space would normally have a date in it. Links in the email just take me to the normal sign-up page. Guess I'll see if I have a new account when the package arrives.