Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

The New CH Site: Questions, Comments, Likes, Dislikes?

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-10, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering how everyone else is liking the "new" site?

First off, I didn't notice that the account numbers were changed on purpose (didn't see the ad about it right away). So, that had me freaked out ... since when would a site redesign require changing account numbers?

Also, in the conversion process, they screwed up my name. My last name has a suffix attached to it and they dropped it from the new site altogether. So, I tried to call to have it corrected ... and the phone system says both my "new" account number and my "old" account numbers are invalid.

With that in mind, I shot off an email to customer service (also asked if my account number was supposed to change, because I didn't see the ad on the site talking about it until after the fact). So, let's see how much they can screw up my account now ...

Also, I noticed that my communication preferences were NULL, so I had to reset them. I am old fashioned and like getting the catalog in the mail every month; so, I reopted for that. But, I also noticed that after I set my preference, the option to change it disappeared under my account (i.e. I can no longer access "Communication Preferences"). So, apparently you cannot change your communication preference again without contacting them? (I manually navigated to the page via entering the URL and it shows my selection as grayed out and unchangeable).

I also don't like that my order history was abbreviated to my orders in December and January, and being renumbered as orders 1 and 2.

So, what do you all think?

(Sorry if a thread was already started about the new site ... I didn't see anything.)

Edited to Add:

I also forgot to mention ... my email preferences were, by default, set to GLOBAL UNSUBSCRIBE and removed me from all of their emails (including special sales, etc.). I had to manually uncheck the box and check to resubscribe to them. So, you may want to check that out!

On the plus side ... they did actually transfer my FunCash to Bonus Points ...

Last edited by wkkunkle; 02-01-10 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-01-10, 10:08 AM

Re: The New CH Site: Questions, Comments, Likes, Dislikes?

Thanks for the heads up. My email pref were also set to Global Unsubscribe.
Old 02-01-10, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The new sites suck. No way to enter enrollment codes. If there is no more enrollment, there is no more club for me. Sad day.

...and other bad things happened to my existing account. I fear I'll be done with CH for good. I'm very glad I've curbed my dvd buying lately, but really bummed about this.

Last edited by basaro; 02-01-10 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-01-10, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by basaro
The new sites suck. No way to enter enrollment codes. If there is no more enrollment, there is no more club for me. Sad day.
I have mixed feelings. It's an extra $10 for the TV Club(no more HDL), but they have almost every TV set available as an enrollment selection.
Old 02-01-10, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I have mixed feelings. It's an extra $10 for the TV Club(no more HDL), but they have almost every TV set available as an enrollment selection.
Yep, Doctor Who 1, 2, 3 & 4, Ghost Whisperer 1-4, NCIS 1-6, SNL 1,3,4, Shaka Zulu Mini-Series - and other normally high-dollar items. Sadly, no "King of Queens Complete Series" tho'.

Last edited by thejester; 02-01-10 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-01-10, 10:53 AM

All I can say is if this stays I can't wait to fulfill and take my money elsewhere. What a clusterfuck of a site.
Old 02-01-10, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't even realize the website changed until you posted this. I think it sucks that you now have to go to a different website to log in to a TV Club account. So I can't just log out of one of my accounts, then log into the other like I've always done... It also seems slow.

There is ONE improvement, however. You can now see how much shipping is without having to go 2 screens into the checkout process... There is also a coupon code field. Perhaps this will replace the offer codes we are used to using?

Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-01-10 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-01-10, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

I don't care for the changes, simply because I don't like change in general. I'm still mourning the demise of ch.com.
Old 02-01-10, 11:31 AM

Was reading all the FAQs and such ... did anyone else notice this? The following is posted under the "Shipping and Processing" section:

NOTE: Additional charges apply to larger orders or those orders that require special processing. Any such special processing charges will be communicated to you in advance of shipment.

So, define large order? Because, I normally wait to order until the deal warrants a full shopping cart (used to be 20, I think it may be 25 now).
Old 02-01-10, 11:33 AM

^ Okay ... no, it is still 20. Though, the actual FAQ says 02.

Purchasing Limits
You may purchase up to 02 DVDs in a single order. We reserve the right to limit the number of selections we will ship to one account.
Old 02-01-10, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wkkunkle
^ Okay ... no, it is still 20. Though, the actual FAQ says 02.
Poor wording, but I believe that means a limit of 2 of the SAME title. Pretty sure that's always been the rule...

I did notice one thing slightly in my favor. I have an unfulfilled account. My account used to say I had to fulfill by 3/31/10. Now it says 04/01/10. So I gained an extra day. WOO HOO!
Old 02-01-10, 01:18 PM

The site is a JavaScript nightmare ...
Old 02-01-10, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by thejester
Yep, Doctor Who 1, 2, 3 & 4, Ghost Whisperer 1-4, NCIS 1-6, SNL 1,3,4, Shaka Zulu Mini-Series - and other normally high-dollar items. Sadly, no "King of Queens Complete Series" tho'.
Tour of Duty and Land of the Lost complete series are both available at least. I'm liking that aspect.
Old 02-01-10, 05:01 PM

I have to say that I dislike that when I click Place Order it just refreshes the Shipping and Payment screen and doesn't go to the confirmation screen.

Has anyone successfully placed an order on the new site yet??
Old 02-01-10, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It appears it gave instant approval to the TV account. Anyone else get this?
Old 02-01-10, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Seems to run faster and it looks OK. I don't like the cart "quick view". I'd just as soon look at the whole thing. It took me a minute to discover you click the "checkout" link to actually *look* at your cart. Overall, I really don't think I'd have notice too much other than some improved page layouts had they not been shoving the "new look" down my throat at every login. I don't like a different login page for the TVonDVD club, but another bookmark'll take care of that in a hurry.

I'm very curious as to whether or not codes are gone for good... but the availability of almost the entire catalog of TVonDVD as TV Club enrollments will have me cycling a few of those anyway. I *should still* come out way ahead as long as I can find $19.95 movie titles I'd like to own. Those are starting to become rare.
Old 02-01-10, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

So is the only offer now 3 for $1 + shipping/Buy 3?

Pretty fucking weak...
Old 02-01-10, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So where's the login/enrollment for the TV club? Apparently I'm being stupid because I can't find it anywhere.
Old 02-01-10, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

^ When you go the regular club sign-in page, there's a line right below that says:

Are you a TV on DVD member? Please click here to login

Edit to add: Which takes you to www.columbiahousetv.com - you can access the tv club site that way.
Old 02-01-10, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks cards. No wonder I was missing it. I was mainly looking for enrollment, so didn't think to try and login to find it.
Old 02-02-10, 11:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not sure I like this yet, but I do like all the available choices on the tv site. I have been planning on getting the first 2 sets for season 1 of Bonanza for my mom, and it is $50+ on amazon, but 19.99 on the enrollment site.
Old 02-02-10, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

I'll have to take back the "availability of almost all titles" statement about the TVonDVD club I made a few posts above... I've found *lots* of sets where all seasons are *NOT* available for enrollment but *are* available through the club - but it's still *lots* better than before.

And the "show all" when doing a general brows of A-Z doesn't truly show all... you have to browse page by page...
Old 02-02-10, 05:12 PM

I also order 20 at a time when there's a good deal, and wonder what's going to happen with that. I depend on the codes, so if they take those away, or limit my shopping I will close my account.
Old 02-02-10, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by lovinmovies
I also order 20 at a time when there's a good deal, and wonder what's going to happen with that. I depend on the codes, so if they take those away, or limit my shopping I will close my account.

Same here.
Old 02-02-10, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by basaro

...and other bad things happened to my existing account. I fear I'll be done with CH for good. I'm very glad I've curbed my dvd buying lately, but really bummed about this.
Yup, same here.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.