Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

What sattelites to go with Onkyo 575X receiver?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

What sattelites to go with Onkyo 575X receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-00, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the situation, i'm moving into an apartment and I'm looking for the smallest surround satellites I can find.

They also have to be
Old 07-27-00, 01:58 AM

I have a 575 and just got klipsch quintets on ubid for under 100 bucks shipped. They may not be the smallest but are pretty small and deliver big sound...especially for surrounds....and you can't beat the price....
Old 07-27-00, 05:45 PM

Morrow,
Thanks for the insight. I just bid on a pair. Did you get BOTH yours for 100.00 shipped?
Old 07-27-00, 07:57 PM

I just got my pair from UBID delivered today at work. They seem heavy and quality built. 1/4 mounting hole on back, slotted holes, and rubber cusions (u-attach) if you want to set on furniture. I can't wait to get home to set my (4) Klipsch's up, 2 for mains, and 2 for satellites. I already have a Onkyo 575, Sharp 650 (DVD player) Cerwin Vega E76-C (center) and a KLH 10" (sub). It's too bad we live in a townhouse (with one shared wall), we'll have to see how the neighbors respond.

From what I have read on Audioreview.com the Klipsch 1.1 seem like an excellent value at UBID. Remember though, they can't be returned unless they don't work.

------------------
Old 07-27-00, 08:12 PM

Yeah, I got a sweet deal on them.....44 bucks each....because it was from a lot of 350+. They are still a deal at 50-55 each + you can get 10 bucks rebate on any auction...see ubid site for details
Old 07-28-00, 12:18 PM

I recommend the Paradigm speakers.

I'm positive you can get the Micro's for under $150 a pair (they list for that price). Also, I'd consider the Atom's as a step up ($180 a pair list price - they could probably be had for under $150 at your local dealer).

Check at http://www.paradigm.ca for your local Paradigm dealer.

Cheers,
Bernie
Old 07-30-00, 02:44 AM

I hooked up my quintets (Klipsch) today. I am very impressed using them as surround speakers only. They sound great with CD's in 5 channel stereo (not prologic), and for DVD movies they handle the surrounds great as well. I did set the speaker as small, for they dont handle much bass, and turned them up to +4 Db in speaker setup.........for the money they rock!!

Bill