Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-10, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Head to RBDLC.com for what used to be in the first post.
Old 01-11-10, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Re: Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

I couldn't find 5 month old DLC announcements there...
Old 01-11-10, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Old 01-11-10, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RBDLC is shit (at least last I checked). www.myrockbandsongs.com is where it's at.

Since I see no such restriction, any news on the Pepsi promotion starting?

Last edited by Liver&Onions; 01-11-10 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-11-10, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
RBDLC is shit (at least last I checked). myrockbandsongs.com is where it's at.

Since I see no such restriction, any news on the Pepsi promotion starting?
I looked at PepsiRockband.com today actually.

And i made your stupid URL linkified because it was hard for you sco..I mean Pinata.
Old 01-11-10, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

I've been working through LEGO Rock Band and have a bugaboo that I know means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of RB things, but is preying on my anal retentiveness:

So when you scroll through the songs in LRB, some use generic album artwork ("Ghostbusters", that Counting Crows song). Did they not clear those since the covers have movie-related images on them? Why not use non-album images from the artists like they did for Katrina and the Waves and Carl Douglas?

Even more curious is that, when imported into LRB, the Stephen Colbert song actually has album artwork, yet in its native RB2 it does not. Weird.

And not all of the songs imported into LRB because of the "family friendly filter" - I get that. So why are two Queen songs listed with all of the available songs, yet grayed out and unselectable?

Okay, so I just wanted to have something to post in the new thread. But the above does bug me a bit. Reading over it, I sound like a Rock Band-obsessed Andy Rooney.

Last edited by DJLinus; 01-11-10 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-11-10, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Head to stupid URL for what used to be in the first post.
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions

And i made your stupid URL linkified because it was hard for you sco..I mean Pinata.

Last edited by hail2dking; 01-11-10 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-12-10, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

hey! Don't call out my screw ups!
Old 01-12-10, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Anybody remember this from 11 months ago?

MTV AND SNOOP DOGG GET DOWN TO BUSINESS; UNPRECEDENTED DEAL CROSSES THE GLOBE WITH TV, ROCK BAND® AND NEW MUSIC

“Dogg After Dark” to Premiere Tuesday, February 17th at 9pm ET/PT on MTV

New York, NY – February TK, 2009 – MTV and icon, record producer, entrepreneur and actor, Snoop Dogg today announced a first-of-its kind global deal that will bring the entertainers’ personality to television in a new variety talk show, “Dogg After Dark,” and his music to fans with a new album release and into the best-selling music video game Rock Band®.

Premiering on Tuesday, February 17th at 9pm ET/PT on MTV, Snoop Dogg will host “Dogg After Dark,” a new jam packed weekly variety talk show from Los Angeles hotspot Kress on Hollywood Boulevard. “Dogg After Dark” will bring his Doggystyle swagger to the airwaves with raw interviews with A-list celebrities and musicians, hilarious sketch-comedy segments and musical performances from the hottest artists. The show will air every Tuesday night for seven weeks and feature Snoop’s own in-house band, the “Snoopadelics.”

“When Van Toffler and I sat down Boss to Boss, a global quintuple threat takeover was masterminded. As the world of entertainment keeps changing, we felt it was the right time to let Snoop Dogg back on MTV so we could continue to run thangs with music, movies, DVDs and bring Hip-Hop to Rock Band." said Snoop Dogg. "So screw ya wigz on tight and tune in on Tuesday nights for the first step to the next level of Snoop D-O double G. Dogg after Dark is the only nightclub tv show hosted by you know who. So take a journey with me through the mind, body, soul and musical mindstate of the most prolific, authentic game spitter. And tha sh*t is funny, so show me da money!”

"Snoop has been a mainstay across MTV screens for over a decade by pushing the boundaries of hip-hop with his signature antics, incredible catalogue of music, legendary videos, larger than life personality and even a little controversy," said Van Toffler, President, MTV Networks Music / Films / Logo Groups. "I can't even begin to imagine MTV, my tumultuous career and several raging ulcers without the Dogg being such a big part of our history. He is an undeniable international superstar whose talent and work transcend music, tv and film and we look forward to launching this new multidimensional partnership with the Doggfather."

“From iconic VMA performances to DoggyFizzle Televizzle and everything imaginable in between, MTV has always been a home for Snoop's music and comedic expressions and will continue to be that through this exciting new partnership,” said Amy Doyle, Executive Vice President of Music and Talent for MTV.

The Grammy-Award nominated rapper’s unprecedented deal with MTV will let loose Snoop Dogg’s upcoming, new album, Malice In Wonderland, with global distribution, marketing and promotion. Featuring some seemingly unlikely musical guests, the album will feature tracks by Dr Dre, Pharrell and Lalo Shifrin, is scheduled to be released later this year. In addition, songs from Snoop Dogg’s impressive catalogue of hits will be released on MTV’s hot-selling Rock Band® music video game platform.

“Dogg After Dark” is Executive Produced by Snoop Dogg. Tony DiBari, Tim Healy and Karen Frank are Executive Producers for MTV. Matt Parillo is Executive in Charge of Production. Leslie Greif and Adam Freeman of the Greif Company are Executive Producers. Ted Chung and Constance Schwartz of Snoopadelic Pictures are Executive Producers.
Old 01-12-10, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Don't remind me. My heart was broken when his new album came out and there was no RB DLC to go with it.
Old 01-12-10, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I was going to wait for the 1 year anniversary of the announcement to bring it up, but I thought a new thread would work.
Old 01-12-10, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

2/10/2009 - Never Forget.

:singletearrollingdowncheek:
Old 01-13-10, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So who is going to be the first one to buy this?
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/08/y...hred-on-video/
Old 01-13-10, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I'm impressed. I wouldn't buy one, but would love to play around with one sometime.
Old 01-15-10, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

1/19 DLC announced:

• Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “A Woman in Love (Live)” +
• Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “Breakdown (Live)” +
• Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “Century City (Live)” +
• Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “Jammin’ Me (Live)”
• Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “Nightwatchman (Live)”
• Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “The Waiting (Live)” +
• Phoenix – “1901” +
• Phoenix – “Lisztomania” +
• Silvertide – “Blue Jeans”

In for "Breakdown", "The waiting", and "Jamming Me". The rest is meh. Nudie pics
Old 01-15-10, 09:26 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
Nudie pics
...well???....we're waiting...
Old 01-15-10, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

1901 isn't a bad song and will probably be fun to play. It's in heavy rotation on the XM station I listen to.
Old 01-15-10, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts

Loved that first Petty set, so I guess I'll be picking this one up too. Don't know much about Phoenix, but they opened for The Killers here recently and I thought they were really good. Might have to give those songs a listen.
Old 01-15-10, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Breakdown on the live recording is almost 8minutes long... Wonder if we will get the full song.... I am in for a few Petty songs, and maybe both Phoenix songs and probably Silvertide as well.. Decent week
Old 01-15-10, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by aktick
...well???....we're waiting...
Old 01-15-10, 12:28 PM
Suspended

Old 01-15-10, 12:28 PM

Count me in for Phoenix! They put out my favorite album of '09. And anytime we get new artists in RB, it's a win in my book.
Old 01-15-10, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Please forgive the immediate bitching, but another Tom Petty Live Pack already? Really, Harmonix, really?

The last (non-Beatles) album they put out was Pearl Jam's Backspacer in September. Has that train dried up? Seems like this would have been a perfect thing to release as a full album.

And I checked, believe you me, about what discount would have been given as a 12-pack instead of two $10 6-packs. The answer is none, according to the Iron Maiden 12-pack released last June. So they dodged a bullet with that one
Old 01-15-10, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chuckd21
1901 isn't a bad song and will probably be fun to play. It's in heavy rotation on the XM station I listen to.
Is that radio station OutQ?

Spoiler:
Sorry, I had to.
Old 01-15-10, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by flashburn
Is that radio station OutQ?

Spoiler:
Sorry, I had to.
hahahha...hahaha

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.