Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Fleetwood Mac - The Dance on Blu-ray?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-09, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fleetwood Mac - The Dance on Blu-ray?

The other day in I was walking around in the Mall and saw a gorgeous, high-def version of Fleetwood Mac singing The Chain. I found out that it was a compilation Blu-ray called "The Best of Sound Stage."

The footage and the audio sounded like it was exactly the same as the performance on The Dance DVD (but this was in High-Def). Does anyone know if there are any plans to release The Dance on Blu-ray Disc? It really did look amazing.
Old 12-21-09, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Fleetwood Mac - The Dance on Blu-ray?

While I don't fault blu fans to want this.... I'd much rather see them FINALLY release the Tusk documentary and Mirage concert from 1982 (both are long OOP on VHS) on DVD finally, before moving on to the next format.
Old 12-21-09, 11:37 PM

I am 95% certain that the Mac's performance on The Best of SoundStage is from the Live in Boston concert (the tour that supported the Say You Will album)..Live in Boston was broadcast on SoundStage in HD and also shows up periodically on the Paladia HD Channel with a SoundStage tag--also I don't believe The Dance was even filmed in HD (could be wrong on that point, though).
Old 12-22-09, 01:56 PM

Thanks for the info, john gilmore. I caught just the end, so I wasn't sure it their stage setup had teh big purple ring behind them like on The Dance DVD. What you've said makes much more sense.