Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

400 Blows Criterion BD - Does it come with that name sticker label on top or not?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

400 Blows Criterion BD - Does it come with that name sticker label on top or not?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-09, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought this new on Amazon and was wondering if anyone knew if that usually came with the sticker label on most BD's or not? I figure most places this question would get laughed off but since you guys have a subforum just for cases, I figure there are like minds here.

Thanks!
Old 12-11-09, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: 400 Blows Criterion BD - Does it come with that name sticker label on top or not?

Mine didn't. Given its packaging, it isn't surprising (though I've had/seen some of the WB Digibook releases that come with the top title sticker and some that don't).
Old 12-11-09, 05:13 PM

Re: 400 Blows Criterion BD - Does it come with that name sticker label on top or not?

Thanks for the help abintra. I called DVDPlanet and was that guy: asked about the sticker and they said that theirs did but hopefully he misunderstood? I wonder if anyone else had the same problem. I figured as much because of the packaging but I wanted to be sure.

Do you remember if yours had the usual folded corners on the plastic at the left and right sides of its top and bottom or if it was heat-wrapped? (I figure if I'm gonna ask a question like this, might as well go all the way.) Just making sure I didn't get a repackage.
Old 12-11-09, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mine was shrink wrapped the same way. Not all factory sealed DVDs/BDs come in the folded end variety.

The odds that Amazon sells a re-sealed item is remote. Even more so on a recent item like this. I'm picky when it comes to making sure an item is genuine factory sealed also so know where you are coming from. Personally, don't believe you anything to worry about this time though.
Old 12-11-09, 05:38 PM

Truly, thanks for the prompt help. These sort of questions usually get met with blank stares, so I've tried to get over it but it's good to know I'm not the only person who wants new when it says new. I don't really want to have to go to Amazon about this, considering they've been pretty awesome every other time.
Old 12-11-09, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Buying some items from Amazon Marketplace is much more likely to yield items that have been resealed than buying direct from Amazon (mostly titles that could be considered liquidated or closeout at bargain type prices).

A number of those items are from liquidators, similar to what shows up at stores like Big Lots, Ross, etc., and could have potentially been resealed. The obvious ones are easy to spot (generic "security device enclosed" stickers used as the typical top title sticker in attempts to make them appear factory sealed, no title sticker at all - though some budget studios don't always use them, heat sealed after market shrink wrap that leave glue remnants, generic replacement cases, etc.).

I just returned one from a seller the other day that was listed as brand new and factory sealed that came shrink wrapped but the top white title security label underneath had been sliced completely through in order to gain access to the DVD. Obviously, the only way that was possible was for it to have been previously opened and then resealed.

Most people don't care so not sure why sellers don't just list those as used - like new rather than lie about an items condition. At the prices those closeout titles sell at, not like the new copies are fetching higher prices to justify misrepresenting their condition anyway.