Search this Thread

Old 12-10-09, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
CSI: -- "Appendicitement" -- 12/10/09

CSI

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Nick, Greg and Hodges take Henry (Jon Wellner), the lab's toxicologist, to celebrate his birthday at a biker bar, where they uncover a double homicide and realize the murderer may still be at the bar.

Preview:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fMCqQnVOKY4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fMCqQnVOKY4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

This looks like one of the quirky episodes they air at least once a season.
Old 12-10-09, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: CSI: -- "Appendicitement" -- 12/10/09

Oh, definitely quirky! And great fun ...... a lot of Coen Brothers influence.
Old 12-11-09, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Very Very weird episode.

It almost felt like something from the Twilight Zone and yes some Cohen Brothers influence.

I laughed when the Cook and the Raccoon crashed into the Rib joint after the explosion.

I also thought it was hilarious when the old fat guy kept falling asleep during Brass' interagation. I normally don't like these quirky CSI episodes, but thought this did a good job integrating a funny plot and the Jekyll storyline again.
Old 12-11-09, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I really liked it. Of course I've liked all the 'lab rats' quirky episodes. It was kinda cool working Henry into a full episode.
Old 12-11-09, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very funny and different episode. The Rib joint was quite entertaining, with new things popping up every few minutes. And the continuation of the dr. jekylll storyline
Old 12-11-09, 07:37 PM

This show was definitely a refreshing surprise, a real hoot. With the four of them in the car, you just knew that you were going to be taken on quite a ride. Loved the scene where the guy is sitting in the chair talking to the man with the raccoon melded to his face. Classic.
Old 12-11-09, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i havent watched this show in at least 2 years. i watched it last night and wow it was awful. then again i didnt know it was supposed to be a "quirky" episode. i just thought thats the direction the show had taken.
Old 12-12-09, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by chino77
i havent watched this show in at least 2 years. i watched it last night and wow it was awful. then again i didnt know it was supposed to be a "quirky" episode. i just thought thats the direction the show had taken.
The quirky episodes are either love or hate them. I personally don't really like them, but this one was pretty entertaining and I liked the Star Trek parody from last season.
Old 12-12-09, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by chino77
Yeah, they've done 1-2 of these a year for a few years now. They just kinda cut loose and have fun.