Search this Thread

Old 12-01-09, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Sons of Anarchy -- "Na Trioblidi" -- 90 minute Season Finale

Sons of Anarechy

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

The second season ends with SAMCRO trying to get rid of Ethan Zobelle (Adam Arkin) and his cohorts once and for all.

It's Here!!! The episode you all have been waiting for!

If you have to miss initial airing, you have plenty of opportunities to see it again:

10:00pm (Initial airing)
11:31pm

Friday
12:03am

11:00pm

Sunday
11:00pm
Old 12-01-09, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sons of Anarchy -- "Na Trioblidi" -- 90 minute Season Finale

Ive been recording the whole season so I can have a marathon, havent seen an Ep yet. Looks like its time to watch it! Thanks for the 90 min tip. There were only 2 90 min eps right?
Old 12-01-09, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep.
Old 12-01-09, 05:13 PM

Whew, good
Old 12-01-09, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can't wait.
Old 12-01-09, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I might be a little gay for Jacks. He's such a pretty dude.

I cannot wait for this.
Old 12-01-09, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is the only show I watch. It sucks that we have to wait nine months for season three to begin.
Old 12-01-09, 10:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That was a FAST 90 minutes!

And too many turns I didn't expect. I can't fucking wait for season 3! What an incredible show. (I can't wait until a certain law officer gets paid back somehow. Not to mention the main foreign protagonist. Let alone if someone returns to Charming, whether next season or down the road.)

Last edited by Shamus McAnally; 12-01-09 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-01-09, 10:29 PM

HOLY SHIT!!!!! what a season finale!!! the final minutes kept giving me goosebumps! Damn, I dont wanna wait till next august for season... damnit!!! lol

off-topic, that new show "Justified" looks interesting...
Old 12-01-09, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

wow. awesome stuff.
Old 12-01-09, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Wow a great finale. Nice to see Cletus in the Justified trailer.
Old 12-01-09, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What a finale! A great conclusion to an amazing season. That was the fastest 90 minutes I can ever recall. So much happened that I wasn't expecting.

It was nice to see members of the club actually get revenge. Otto's was MUCH deserved. It was sad to watch him barely being able to see, but making his way over with the help of a fellow inmate. I'm still not sure if it was Zobelle or Tom Arnold that had LuAnne killed though. Regardless, his revenge was brutal and I definitely felt that he deserved that chance. Jax's revenge was also deserved, but entirely different. It seemed like he was hesitant because he realized Weston was a father too, but knew he had to do it for his mom. Regardless, you have to give credit to Weston for at least recognizing that he deserved to be punished and that he took it like a man. Can't say the same for Zobelle, and while it's a shame he didn't get his in the end, he is definitely left with very little to take comfort in. Everyone will know he is a rat and with the loss of his daughter I doubt he'll have anything to go home to or anyone to work with. Still, perhaps he'll get his in the end somehow. It's almost more effective to see him always turning tail and running like a coward.

Gemma's revenge wasn't necessary, but I understand why she did it. Her explanation to Tara really made sense in a way. Shame Stahl had to be there though. As much as I hate Stahl, you gotta hand it to her for always being one step ahead. Too bad Opie "showed mercy" though as a lot of the stuff in this episode could have been avoided. Once again Stahl's lies lead to disastrous consequences; the death of an "innocent" and now the kidnapping of a Son (pun intended).

I've also come to enjoy and respect Hale as a character much more this season. He never compromises and usually does the right thing. I think in some way the Sons (especially Jax) recognize this and while they don't want him to put them in jail, they respect him for what he does because he doesn't do it outside the law and never stoops to their level. I think we'll see him helping the club bring justice to Stahl next season for all she's done. He's a good guy and definitely serves as the moral and legal perspective on the show.

The scene where the Sons trailed Zobelle and the Mayans was awesome. Seeing Unser's Truck pull up in front of them all and Zobelle realizing what was going on after it was too late was great. They really mopped the floor with them, although I fail to understand why they didn't just end the local Mayan problem once and for all. There were plenty of them and it really wouldn't have lost them any time in pursuing Zobelle.

Half Sack being dead is going to be the worst part of Season Three. He provided great comic relief and was just an all-around great character. I got the feeling last time that he was going to be killed off, and when they showed Cameron getting ready to follow him it was a little too obvious. Still, I think at least one of the Sons had to die this season; it would have been too unrealistic for them to leave unscatched. I hope we see him patched in at the beginning of Season Three; he certainly deserves that much...his death was heroic and it showed his priorities as well.

I hope Gemma isn't on the lamb too long, although it will be nice to see her interacting with Unser more. Their relationship is very touching and shows more depth to both characters that you wouldn't otherwise see. For what it's worth, Gemma could have probably turned herself in and very easily proved it wasn't her that shot the Irish kid. I mean, the DEA Agents heard a gunshot well before Gemma arrived; it would have been easy to time his death and with all the surrounding facts (Why would Gemma sucker-punch Stahl when she had a gun of her own? If she came in and sucker-punched her and took her gun, why did she shoot Zobelle's daughter with her own gun?) Still, I'm willing to suspend disbelief for that, although it stands out as something that Gemma would recognize as holding very little water.

I'm not sold on the idea of Abel being kidnapped, but the writers have yet to disappoint me so I'll wait and see. What I like about it though is that it really showed where the Club's priorities are: they gave up the one person they wanted to kill all season to try and protect their family. I really like that about the Sons and it makes them more likable as a group. While I'm not sure where they are going to take the retrieving Abel storyline, why not just call up Jimmy and explain what happened and have him get Abel back from Cameron?

Last edited by kstublen; 12-01-09 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-01-09, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

One thing that bugged me. I would think the feds would have still been staking out the boat dock especially after the kid was killed. Oh well still the best show on TV right now.
Old 12-01-09, 10:39 PM

it was good to see Weston get his deserving. i liked how they actually made you feel bad for him by having his son go into the bathroom w/ him.. poor kid.

yea, gotta hand it to stahl. that was real smart on her part the way she set up gemma.

still cant believe that shit Zoebelle was able to get away..

Seein Jax lose it at the end was a perfect sendoff for the season...

Cant wait for Season 3!!
Old 12-01-09, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I knew Opie not shooting Stahl would come back to bite them in some way.
Old 12-01-09, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have a feeling that Stahl is going to be the closest thing this show has to The Shield's Aceveda...somebody who is a constant presence, usually as a problem but occasionally as an asset. I think her character is in it for the long haul. I don't like to peg this show's fortunes too closely to The Shield because I think Sutter has done a nice job of making a different show, but a lot of similar dramas have the long-recurring morally ambiguous character who usually opposes the leads.

I think Gemma's storyline will probably be the part of the season 3 plot that gets resolved in the first four or five episodes. I don't know how, but I can't wait to see.

The purpose of the abduction is to keep the relationship with the Irish on shaky ground. At the same time, the club can't just declare war on them because they have something they want so, so badly. I wouldn't want to be that guy when they get their hands on him.

My guess is that Zobelle ends up being a non-factor until down the road some time. I'm surprised they didn't have a scene with a stowaway Aryan giving him a double tap on the plane, but perhaps that would have tied things up too neatly.

Last edited by Jimmy James; 12-01-09 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-01-09, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If the Sons don't call Jimmy in the first episode of Season Three I am going to be really disappointed. To me, that would seem like the most logical thing to do to try and get Abel back. I feel bad for Tara; her guilt in losing Abel and seeing Half Sack die is going to be pretty bad I imagine.

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
My guess is that Zobelle ends up being a non-factor until down the road some time. I'm surprised they didn't have a scene with a stowaway Aryan giving him a double tap on the plane, but perhaps that would have tied things up too neatly.
Yeah I was expecting that too. We probably will never see him again, but it would have been nice to see him at least get some sort of punishment aside from losing his daughter. Perhaps it will be mentioned in passing at some point down the line? Still, the revelation to all the people he was working for/with will mean that there is a price on his head that is much larger than the Sons and I can't imagine he will be able to hide from that.

EDIT: I don't see it posted in this week's thread, although it might've been posted in a prior week's thread...regardless, the title of this episode is Gaelic and means "The Trouble".

Last edited by kstublen; 12-01-09 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-01-09, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Well, that was a strangely unsatisfying season finale.
A true disappointment after such a great season.

And that's not even taking into account the "Three's Company" caliber misunderstandings and bullshit happenstance contrivances going on.

bleh.
Old 12-01-09, 11:38 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
Otto's was MUCH deserved. It was sad to watch him barely being able to see, but making his way over with the help of a fellow inmate. I'm still not sure if it was Zobelle or Tom Arnold that had LuAnne killed though. Regardless, his revenge was brutal and I definitely felt that he deserved that chance.
Unless I missed something, I though that was for the guy blinding him, not his wife.

I thought it was a decent finale.
Old 12-01-09, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MrX
Unless I missed something, I though that was for the guy blinding him, not his wife.
Sorry, I probably didn't make it clear that those were two separate thoughts. Yeah, that was definitely retribution for blinding him. While I was talking about Otto though it made me wonder about who was really responsible for LuAnne as it wasn't entirely established (although I strongly suspect it was Tom Arnold) and it seems to have faded from The Sons' memory.
Old 12-02-09, 01:57 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101

And that's not even taking into account the "Three's Company" caliber misunderstandings and bullshit happenstance contrivances going on.

bleh.
Yeah, it started out great, but when you started to get into Gemma killing Zoebelle's daughter and Clay having to leave for Abel when he should have just shot Zoebelle, things just took a dive for me. And wasn't the family supposed to be at the clubhouse still, until the whole thing got situated?

Justified does look good, even if there was a stupid cliched standoff in the trailer.
Old 12-02-09, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Seconded. Probably my favorite show on TV right now and really the only episode out of both complete seasons that I didn't care for. A lot of stuff just really fell apart for me.

Stahl knows that the Sons are capable of getting a gun pressed to her head, as displayed a few weeks ago, and is now choosing to go after the Queen. Um...ok?

Zoebelle hides in a convenience store? This is the same group of guys that backed a truck through a hotel wall to rescue Tig right? So at no point is it thought to at least maybe have the crazy summabitch Tig go in and tell everyone to get the fuck out? Um...ok?

And the kidnapping? Um...ok?

Season 1 ended on such a kickass high note I knew it wouldn't be able to compare, but I kind of actually felt let down by some of the story telling here. But hey...Justified looks KICK ASS!

Last edited by superfro; 12-02-09 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-02-09, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bleh.
I have to agree. Love this show, but that was just ridiculous. I don't understand the Agent Stahl character at all. So she gets her kicks setting innocent people up to get killed? Doesn't make any sense.

If I remember correctly, Gemma told Jax and Clay that three people raped her. Why wouldn't Jax get the names of the other rapists from Westin before he killed him (he could threaten to hurt his son).

And, knowing that a lot of shit was going down, wouldn't Jax have taken precautions to protect Tara and his son?

All that being said, I hope Katey Sagal gets some Emmy love. She was great this season.
Old 12-02-09, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
Why would Gemma sucker-punch Stahl when she had a gun of her own? If she came in and sucker-punched her and took her gun, why did she shoot Zobelle's daughter with her own gun?
I think you need to watch that scene again. Gemma didn't punch anyone. She didn't even know Stahl was there until after she shot the daughter.

Last edited by dino88; 12-02-09 at 02:45 AM.
Old 12-02-09, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dino88
I think you need to watch that scene again. Gemma didn't punch anyone. She didn't even know Stahl was there until after she shot the daughter.
He didn't say Gemma did sucker punch Stahl. The poster was referring to the story Stahl gave her guys over the radio after everything went down. That was her way of trying to explain how Gemma supposedly got a hold of her piece.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.