Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race 16

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-09, 10:33 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
The Amazing Race 16

Filming has started on the next season of TAR! Big Brother fans might find this one interesting ....

Big Brother’s Jeff and Jordan to compete on The Amazing Race
By Luke Swinney - November 29, 2009

America’s Favorite Duo according to the 2009 Fox Reality Awards set off today on their next big adventure – The Amazing Race 16.

Jeff Schroeder and Jordan Lloyd, who both competed in Big Brother 11 this past summer with Jordan winning first place, were spotted at LAX airport today with backpacks similar to what Amazing Race contestants carry. Both Schroeder and Lloyd met while on Big Brother and revealed to People magazine on October 20, 2009 that they were dating. While on the show, both competitors stayed loyal to each other as allies until Schroeder and Lloyd were put up for eviction together and Schroeder was voted out of the house. Even without her ally, Lloyd continued to fight through the competition and ultimately won the show.

Online fans have speculated that the two would be invited to participate in The Amazing Race since the finale of Big Brother 11. It wouldn’t be the first time CBS has given spots on TAR to crossover reality shows. The Amazing Race 5 had Big Brother 4’s runner-up Alison Irwin competing with her then-boyfriend Donny Patrick and The Amazing Race 7 had Survivor sweethearts Rob and Amber who finished in second place and were invited back for The Amazing Race: All-Stars.

Schroeder’s twitter account hasn’t been used since November 22 which fits with the speculated filming dates of the new TAR season.

The Amazing Race 16 began filming today and will finish in December, leaving a premiere date to be in early 2010.
http://tv.insidepulse.com/2009/11/29/ladtv/

According to a friend of mine (don't ask me how he knows), the first leg is LAX-MIA-Santiago Chile.

Old 11-29-09, 12:39 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 109 Likes on 98 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race 16

I saw twitter pics yesterday of two of the teams at an airport.
Old 11-29-09, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm certainly not complaining about a Spring race, but I swear CBS announced they were only doing a Fall race this season back when the schedule was announced?

Last edited by Chew; 11-29-09 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-29-09, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

The ratings have been good, so I don't see why they wouldn't renew it for a 16th season. However, I have not read anything official about a 16th season yet. I too thought they were only going 1 cycle this TV season. If they only started filming last week, I doubt they will even have any footage available to show at the end of next week's season finale.

If this is going to air in early 2010, I would anticipate late February or March.
Old 11-29-09, 05:10 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Apparently, twitter doesn't like me hotlinking those pics, so:

http://twitpic.com/rcbau
http://twitpic.com/rd3ac

http://twitter.com/DanielleVarey

Scroll back to Nov. 28-29 on the twitter feed if you're visiting this thread in the future.
Old 11-29-09, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Awesome! I think they'd be interesting to watch on TAR.
Old 11-29-09, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Maybe it's me, but I just can't understand all the love for a 31 year old out of work actor who lived with his parents before BB. I mean Jeff was alright at times, and he was the best of a bad lot on BB for a lot of the season, but he's not a smart guy.

And Jordan...like I said in the other thread...she's already $500,000, and she makes Jeff look like Stephen Hawking.

Still, it's better than Allison and Donny I guess.
Old 01-22-10, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's hilarious that they casted Caitlin Upton, the 2007 Miss Teen USA contestant from South Carolina who thought 20% of Americans were geography-challenged and unable to locate the USA on a world map.
Old 01-22-10, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
It's hilarious that they casted Caitlin Upton, the 2007 Miss Teen USA contestant from South Carolina who thought 20% of Americans were geography-challenged and unable to locate the USA on a world map.
This is awesome news, and in case anyone has forgotten how she became famous:

Question:
"Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the U.S. on a world map. Why do you think this is?"
and her response:

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as, uh, South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children".