Reload this Page >

Ok, had enough of my DVD mess

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-27-09, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have somewhere around 550 DVD's all in seperate cases. The area I have allotted for said storage of these cases is just not enough. I have decided to dump most of my cheaper movies from their snapper cases and place them into larger storage cases/folders/whatever you wanna call them.
I'm looking for tips on a good case to purchase that WILL hold the cover art from the cases AND the movie(s). I'd like to flip through the "book" and spy out the cover art of the movie I seek and then be able to grab the disc.

Like I said, looking for a case that I can put movies and art into and would also like to hold as many DVD's as possible in one "book".
Thanks in advance.
Old 11-27-09, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts
Re: Ok, had enough of my DVD mess

I have been thinking along these same lines as I believe that a move is imminent in the near/midterm future. So, that makes 2 of us who you would be helping out by making suggestions - with photos if possible.

I'm looking for the same thing - books with pages which can hold the discs as well as the artwork. Hopefully pages can be inserted into the books so that it's easy to keep stuff in alphabetical order by title even when new movies are purchased.
Old 11-27-09, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Perhaps something like this?

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/v...edia-Organizer
Old 11-27-09, 06:31 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by dfmaverick2
I FUCKING LOVE THAT!

I...must have that now.
Old 11-27-09, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the OP means more like this: http://www.amazon.com/Koskin-DVD-Bin.../dp/B000JJSQ3K
Old 11-28-09, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
I think the OP means more like this: http://www.amazon.com/Koskin-DVD-Bin.../dp/B000JJSQ3K
Yes something like that. I have read reviews of the plastic binders and most people hate them compared to the older style cases having a 3 ring binder, like a notebook paper would hook into. They say it's a PITA to add more pages and or remove pages due to the nature of the binding system. I'm just looking for some good input from someone who might have one of these and if they are OK with the plastic binders/etc. I could just get a media case but I'd rather have the quick visual reference to what movie is in the slot than pulling out each DVD and going "nope". Cases like the one from amazon are what I am looking for so that I can stuff the case artwork in a slot with the movie in tow.
Old 11-28-09, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Regardless of what those things claim, the surfaces do scratch the discs. If you are constantly taking them out and putting them back in, you are going to suffer some disc damage. I used to store some CDs in those types of things when I would go on road trips or vacations (before the days of the iPod) and eventually the discs would get scratched up (I was exceptionally careful with all the discs).
Old 11-28-09, 07:23 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts

Dozens of threads here over the last few years talking about various storage and binder options. Lots of binders made specifically for DVDs.
Old 11-28-09, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by dfmaverick2
Interesting.... I wonder if the price is just for the longish flippy-open thing, or if that black boxish thing behind it (which I presume is a cover art organizer) is also included? And what does the software do?
Old 11-28-09, 09:34 PM
X
Administrator

Received 153 Likes on 123 Posts

This thread has gone from somebody asking for a space-efficient way to store DVDs to people discussing ripping them and what encoding methods they use. That type of discussion is against our rules so I'm deleting those posts and closing this thread.