DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

J&R Sale-Quantum Leap $13.99, Outer Limits Original Series Set $19.99

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-09, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J&R Sale-Quantum Leap $13.99, Outer Limits Original Series Set $19.99

http://www.jr.com/promotion/listCont...kFridayTVonDVD

Did a search & didn't see this posted.
Sale has already started. I ordered four sets & shipping was $5.95.

Quantum Leap-Season 3,4 or 5-$13.99
Outer Limits Original Series Complete Box Set $19.99
Odyssey 5 - The Complete Series $16.99
Firefly - The Complete Series $13.99
Newsradio-Season 1&2,3,4 or 5 $11.99
Psych-Season 1 or 2 $19.99
Angel-Season 1.2.3 or 5 $13.99
Many others-Buffy, Monk, Tru Calling, Heroes, Life
Old 11-22-09, 07:09 PM

Re: J&R Sale-Quantum Leap $13.99, Outer Limits Original Series Set $19.99

Some great deals there...just looked through page after page of them! Lots of Out of Stock though. I've never bought from JR, but I'm going to add them to my list and check them out again. Thanks!
Old 11-22-09, 08:58 PM

The critic is an awesome price at $16.99

Really funny show.
Old 11-23-09, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by NCC1701E
Some great deals there...just looked through page after page of them! Lots of Out of Stock though...
And it takes a looooooong time for them to ship in stock items...and they'll finally cancel part of your back order because they can't restock it...and so on.
Old 11-23-09, 03:30 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
And it takes a looooooong time for them to ship in stock items...and they'll finally cancel part of your back order because they can't restock it...and so on.
So true.

Initially, I was disappointed that I didn't see some of these items earlier (I actually got an email from them Thursday or Friday & opened it but didn't see any particularly good deals at the time).

Then I remembered some of the past debacles with J&R. Like Mosskeeto, I can remember it taking forever for them to ship "in stock" DVDs. I also remember ordering from a past sale on the first day within the first hour while all the items were supposedly "in stock". I got a few of the items on time, but the rest were now supposedly "backordered" even though they were listed as being in stock at the time I ordered. After several weeks had passed, I called them & was informed that the "in stock" designation was fairly irrelevant, as they had to obtain stock from distributors & had no way of tracking the stock. I ended up missing out on a few BF deals from other retailers because I had already ordered them from J&R at the lowest price...and then never got some of those items. By then, of course, all of the BF sales were long over.

Although I had ordered from them before with satisfactory results, the last two experiences were enough to make me swear off. Well, I would still order a spectacular deal from them but with the expectation that there's a 50/50 chance that the items will actually ship.

Maybe they've improved (it couldn't be much worse). Their CSR was one of the rudest reps I've ever spoken with (and I am very patient & polite with inquiries). Honestly, I'm surprised that they're still fooling with DVDs...their attitude indicated that they really couldn't care less about the customer.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up, OP. I went ahead & ordered a few items such as Complete Miami Vice for $75, which is the best price I've seen for it. Lots of other bargains IF they come through on the "in-stock" items.