Search this Thread

Old 11-17-09, 05:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Sons of Anarchy -- "Service" -- 11/17/09

Sons of Anarchy

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

While Opie seeks both revenge and reconciliation, Chibs makes a secret deal with Agent Stahl (Ally Walker) to protect his wife and daughter.

Old 11-17-09, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Sons of Anarchy -- "Service" -- 11/17/09

The IMDB synopsis has one significant difference:

Spoiler:
Chibs makes a secret deal with Agent Stahl in order to protect his wife and daughter. Opie learns the true circumstances that led to Donna's death and seeks both revenge and reconciliation.
Old 11-17-09, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tig's losing it. I'm surprised that Opie didn't kill him.
Old 11-17-09, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This show is perfection. Next week looks great.

I really liked the way they handled the reveal of Donna's death. A lot of emotion in that scene. Glad to see Opie was the bigger person and didn't kill Stahl. Tig's really snapped, but with that he has had some redemption it seems; either way, glad to see that her death deeply affected him to the point of changing him as a person.

EDIT: Also nice to see Jax and Opie reconcile. Good that the club is coming together because of Gemma; I imagine once they defeat Zobelle there will be some more in-fighting in the club.

Last edited by kstublen; 11-17-09 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-17-09, 10:57 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Yeah this ep was good.

Some really intense scenes with Tig and Jemma and then Opie and Stahl
Old 11-18-09, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Opie was great with the "outlaw shows mercy" scene. Glad to see that bitch broke down too.
Old 11-18-09, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty awesome episode - with the fantastic setup all season long it was great to see everything start to come together and still be so twisted/intertwined.

Thought the Chibs angle was great, curious as to how stuff eventually plays out between the Irish and SAMCRO. I also really liked the potential angle/wedge that SAMCRO may try to exploit between Zobelle and the hardcore Aryans (though I'm skeptical it will work well for SAMCRO).

The only thing that bothered me was a club running guns for how many years doesn't have at least a little bit of an emergency stash buried or hidden somewhere?

Spoiler:
I thought for sure between last week and this week they were setting up Piney to eat his gun, I was surprised when it turned out he went after Clay (though I still wonder if he will end up eating his gun)
Old 11-18-09, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great episode. It's cool to see Jax and Opie on good terms again.

Poor Half-sack. There must have been something in that Healing Mud he wallowed in.

Originally Posted by wirefan
The only thing that bothered me was a club running guns for how many years doesn't have at least a little bit of an emergency stash buried or hidden somewhere?
Demand has been far outstripping supply lately, so I'm not surprised they don't have much inventory.
Old 11-18-09, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, don't forget they're still reeling from the events of the first episode when dealing with their gun distribution business. They haven't ever really had a chance to have a proper warehouse or inventory built up since then.
Old 11-18-09, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Opie was great with the "outlaw shows mercy" scene. Glad to see that bitch broke down too.
i would have rather seen a bullet in her head..the tone of the show is changing
Old 11-18-09, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Glad to see it all out in the open, but I'm not sure how Opie goes on knowing they tried to kill him and killed his wife.
Old 11-18-09, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The show shocked me. I couldn't believe Tig let it all out. I was really set on them putting it on the backburner and carrying it over to next season. Good on them. I love it when I think I have everything all figured out, thanks to most shows on TV, and then a show just punches me in the face and tells me to STFU. Loved the Piney stuff too. That was another swerve that completely played on TV drama stereotypes with all the setup they did and had him go in a completely different direction. Fantastic.

Jax and Op together trying to take control is gonna rule.
Old 11-18-09, 12:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At first i thought the stuff between Tig and Opie was going on in Tig's mind, as if he was imagining how it would go. It seemed SO out of nowhere that he was confessing straight away.

And i wonder if Tig and Gemma have any kind of history, the way they went at it so easily.
Old 11-18-09, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
At first i thought the stuff between Tig and Opie was going on in Tig's mind, as if he was imagining how it would go. It seemed SO out of nowhere that he was confessing straight away.

And i wonder if Tig and Gemma have any kind of history, the way they went at it so easily.
I felt the same way at first like it was a dream or something... But I have to admit I'm disappointed in the way it all played out. I can appreciate Tig's character but Opie should have killed him.
Old 11-18-09, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Deke Rivers
i would have rather seen a bullet in her head..the tone of the show is changing
I agree 100%
Old 11-18-09, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
To be fair, they've alluded to Tig fooling around with horses and dead bodies.....so...it's not like he is above doing anything that's in front of him.
Old 11-18-09, 03:00 PM

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"

Originally Posted by Layla777
I agree 100%
I am not sure why two members have said this. I would say the tone of the show is changing...it is the show itself that totally changed. Actually, given the show's creator, this is playing out a lot like The Shield. They laid the groundwork these last two seasons and it is setting up for something much larger. My opinion of course.
Old 11-18-09, 07:33 PM

Bikers have feelings too. Man what an ep. Sometimes it takes a lot of pain to make things right. The "brothers of steel" are united more than ever. They are bonding and maturing together. Seems like too much, to cram into, only two more eps.
ROLL ON STRONG "SAMCRO"
Old 11-18-09, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Season finale is 90 minutes.
Old 11-18-09, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by macnorton
I am not sure why two members have said this. I would say the tone of the show is changing...it is the show itself that totally changed. Actually, given the show's creator, this is playing out a lot like The Shield. They laid the groundwork these last two seasons and it is setting up for something much larger. My opinion of course.
Yeah, I think they are setting this up for the future season(s) to be more about the vision of the club as opposed to it being about settling some of the personnel grudges (though obviously those will still be a part of it) or just Jax' stuggle with the club. It seems like this episode is a shift putting Jax/Opie as the new guard (following more of Jax father's vision) vs the older/more hardcore guard and I'd expect most of the current grudges and struggles to be resolved in the next couple of shows (except maybe the Clay/Tig vs Opie/Jax struggle over Donna's killing). They started the show out about the vision of the club and it got sidetracked with all sorts of crap which I think was intentional in order to allowed them to develop the characters and lay the groundwork and now I think they will come back to it after this season ends.

While I think they come together to deal with Zobelle and all the other shit, I wonder if they are setting things up for a future civil war/formal split in the club about the club's direction and vision?

Also wondering when 2 finger guy and Darby gets resolved or brought back into play. Anyone have any guesses?
Old 11-18-09, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

ATF bitch pissed herself

not that I wouldn't have too, but it was good to see her scared
Old 11-19-09, 05:43 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow that's all the club's internal dramas and secrets sorted out, now they can focus on uniting for the enemy

Can't wait for a few episodes of pure revenge

Loved Jax's "we'll kill them all" line
Old 11-20-09, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by macnorton
softer tone! ..these are the same guys that blow torched a samcro tattoo off the back of a guy in the first season yet a wife killer gets a couple punches to the face???!! and the fed wench who instigated it gets a little scare thrown at her followed by a really lame ass "outlaw shows mercy" comment...??
even the shield didnt soften this much..

Last edited by Deke Rivers; 11-20-09 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-20-09, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts

There were so many great scenes in this episode.
Old 11-20-09, 10:45 PM

I'm kinda rooting for the ATF lady. She's the only real good guy on the show.

D

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.