Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Soul Eater: 2010 most anticipated anime.

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-09, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I watched the first 26 episodes of this anime with subs on Funimations online player and I think its awesome. They now have the first four dub episodes up. Edit: Check next post for link.

Soul Eater Season 1, collection 1 Streets February 9, 2010

Teaser Trailer

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DTTCUzmHKvI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DTTCUzmHKvI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The dub cast looks really good to.

Micah Solusod as Soul Eater Evans
Laura Bailey as Maka Albarn
Brittney Karbowski as Black Star
Monica Rial as Tsubaki Nakatsukasa
Todd Haberkorn as Death the Kid
Jamie Marchi as Liz Thompson
Cherami Leigh as Patty Thompson

John Swasey as Lord Death
Vic Mignogna as Spirit "Death Scythe/Maka's father"
Chuck Huber as Dr. Franken Stein
Luci Christian as Medusa
Kent Williams as Sid Barrett
Maxey Whitehead as Crona
Barry Yandell as Little Demon
Chris Patton as Asura
Leah Clark as Blair
Sonny Strait as Ragnarok
Trina Nishimura as Mizune
Troy Baker as Excalibur

This is one anime that should be on tv.

Last edited by chrisc31; 02-02-10 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-15-09, 09:39 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 534 Likes on 470 Posts
Re: Soul Eater: 2010 most anticipated anime.

Originally Posted by chrisc31
I watched the first 26 episodes of this anime with subs on Funimations online player and I think its awesome. They now have the first four dub episodes up. Sorry I can't post the link, I need 30 posts first
LINK
This is one anime that should be on tv.
You would think that a series like this would do well on TV. However I'm not expecting it too.

...and to Soul Eater being the most anticipate anime of 2010...it's hard to say. It may mean something different for everyone. Some possibilities include Ponyo, Eden of the East, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Fist of the North Star,...or something that hasn't been annouced yet. More release details below.

FUNimation® Entertainment will release the first 13 episodes of the soul-hunting action series Soul Eater on February 9, 2010. This will be the first of four half-season sets.

Extras will include an episode commentary, a Soul Eater manga preview presented by Yen Press, and textless songs.
Old 11-15-09, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WTK

...and to Soul Eater being the most anticipate anime of 2010...it's hard to say. It may mean something different for everyone. Some possibilities include Ponyo, Eden of the East, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Fist of the North Star,...or something that hasn't been annouced yet. More release details below.
Thats so true, its just there is so much talk about the anime, and Funimation is making such a big deal about it. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, I would have to say is a close second.

When are the other three collections going to be releast? Does anyone know?

Last edited by chrisc31; 11-27-09 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-15-09, 10:08 AM
WTK

When are the other three collections going to be releast? Does anyone know?
It's too early for those. One logical guess would 2 to 3 months wait in between boxsets.
Old 01-29-10, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WTK
It's too early for those. One logical guess would 2 to 3 months wait in between boxsets.
Soul Eater DVD Part 1 - Feb 09 2010
Soul Eater DVD Part 2 - Mar 30 2010

I normally don't buy these kinds on animes but Soul Eater is such a good anime I will buy it.

Last edited by chrisc31; 02-02-10 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-02-10, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

New trailer

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BDD_yzkQZU8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BDD_yzkQZU8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 02-03-10, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Soul Eater DVD Part 1 - Feb 09 2010
Soul Eater DVD Part 2 - Mar 30 2010

I normally don't buy these kinds on animes but Soul Eater is such a good anime I will buy it.
Is it just me, or is that an insanely fast release schedule? Funimation seems to be churning stuff out like crazy... I barely got through a few episodes of Blassreiter v. 1 when v. 2 arrived
Old 02-03-10, 08:09 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by fujishig
Is it just me, or is that an insanely fast release schedule? Funimation seems to be churning stuff out like crazy... I barely got through a few episodes of Blassreiter v. 1 when v. 2 arrived
I'm going to say no. Soul Eater was originally targeted for a late 2009 release. It was pushed back to Feb. 2010. You could consider Part 1 as a delay whereas the Part 2 was its intended release time frame. It doesn't look like Part 3 will be released in May, so June may be the earliest month for that.