Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Best Hollywood stories?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Best Hollywood stories?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-09, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Best Hollywood stories?

I, like many film fans (I assume), love gossipy Hollywood stories. I'm not talking about who's giving who herpes this week, or what American Idol reject is in rehab. No, I'm talking about stories that most of the public never hear, like who did crazy shit on-set, secret backroom deals, directors getting in actors' faces, casting calls... things that are generally kept under wraps.

I've got a couple good ones to start...

My dad's ex-gf was a model back in the 70's and she was Andy Williams ex, so she was in with the old-school Hollywood crowd. Anyways, she told me that she went to a party at Lawrence Olivier's house one night with Andy, and Dustin Hoffman showed up in street clothes. He sat next to her at the table and proceeded to ask her dirty questions, like "when did you give your first blowjob?" He also kept sticking a loaf of bread from the table between her legs. Needless to say, she got uncomfortable and left.

She also told me that an attractive girlfriend of hers was asked out by Robert DeNiro. She arrived at his hotel and his assistant told her to head up to his room. She said the door was open and when she walked in he was wearing a robe, nude underneath. He had a hard-on, looked at her, then looked down at it and said, "How did that get like this? How did that... get like this?" Needless to say, she also made a quick exit.

Anyone else got some good tales to share?

Last edited by islandclaws; 11-12-09 at 01:25 PM.
Old 11-10-09, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Hollywood stories?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/of9u8VeQVIg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/of9u8VeQVIg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Old 11-10-09, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't believe any stories about Scorsese where the storyteller keeps mispronouncing the name Scorsese.

Old 11-11-09, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
I, like many film fans (I assume), love gossipy Hollywood stories. I'm not talking about who's giving who herpes this week, or what American Idol reject is in rehab. No, I'm talking about stories that most of the public never hear, like who did crazy shit on-set, secret backroom deals, directors getting in actors' faces, casting calls... things that are generally kept under wraps.

I've got a couple good ones to start...

My dad's ex-gf was a model back in the 70's and she was Andy Williams ex, so she was in with the old-school Hollywood crowd. Anyways, she told me that she went to a party at Lawrence Olivier's house one night with Andy, and Dustin Hoffman showed up in street clothes. He sat next to her at the table and proceeded to ask her dirty questions, like "when did you give your first blowjob?" He also kept sticking a oaf of bread from the table between her legs. Needless to say, she got uncomfortable and left.

She also told me that an attractive girlfriend of hers was asked out by Robert DeNiro. She arrived at his hotel and his assistant told her to head up to his room. She said the door was open and when she walked in he was wearing a robe, nude underneath. He had a hard-on, looked at her, then looked down at it and said, "How did that get like this? How did that... get like this?" Needless to say, she also made a quick exit.

Anyone else got some good tales to share?
Did you ever stop to think that maybe your dad's ex-girlfriend is completely full of shit? People DO make up stories about themselves and celebrities, y'know. Esp. when they've got gullible listeners.

I remember a character in my neighborhood who claimed to have worked on a film with Linda Blair and then told a whole story about a budding romance with her. And he had every detail down pat. But he was making the whole damn thing up! And when I told other people about this, they all asked the same thing...if you're gonna make up a story, why choose Linda Blair? (This was around the time of EXORCIST II.)
Old 11-11-09, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,199 Likes on 2,065 Posts

^ [Seinfeld]Oh but that's the beauty of it. If he had said he had a budding romance with, say, Liam Neeson, everyone would know thaat it wasn't true.[/Seinfeld]
Old 11-12-09, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
Did you ever stop to think that maybe your dad's ex-girlfriend is completely full of shit? People DO make up stories about themselves and celebrities, y'know. Esp. when they've got gullible listeners.
Well, I'd like to think I know her a little better than you. So, no, I know she isn't full of shit. She isn't the type to make shit up just for the hell of it.

And, really, people make shit up? No kidding... Any other earth-shattering revelations you want to let me know about?
Old 11-12-09, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I think one of the funniest and most believable revelations about a celebrity is that Robin Williams has horrendous body odor, from all that hair on his body. (by Jay Thomas on the Howard Stern Show).
Old 11-12-09, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Well, I'd like to think I know her a little better than you. So, no, I know she isn't full of shit. She isn't the type to make shit up just for the hell of it.

And, really, people make shit up? No kidding... Any other earth-shattering revelations you want to let me know about?
If I had known you were that close to your dad's ex-girlfriend (), I would have been a little more sensitive. Sorry.

But, be honest. If you came on this board and read those stories in someone else's post, your immediate reaction would be disbelief, wouldn't it?
Old 11-12-09, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If I had known you were that close to your dad's ex-girlfriend (), I would have been a little more sensitive. Sorry.

But, be honest. If you came on this board and read those stories in someone else's post, your immediate reaction would be disbelief, wouldn't it?
Possibly, but they also seem so incredulous that I'd wonder why someone would make them up in the first place.

And I wasn't that close. She modeled in the 70's... the 30-odd years of smoking in-between didn't do her any favors. But she's not the gossipy/need-for-attention type, so I highly doubt she'd care enough to make something like that up.
Old 11-12-09, 01:28 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I heard that Pikachus age hit puberty fast, so in order to keep Pikachu looking and sounding "cute" in the Pokemon movies they had to replace him every week or so. The discarded Pikachu would be eaten by the crew or sold to slavers.
Old 11-12-09, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Lawrence Tierney terrifying every person on the set of Seinfeld. The guy stole a knife and put it in his jacket for no logical reason.
Old 11-12-09, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
I heard that Pikachus age hit puberty fast, so in order to keep Pikachu looking and sounding "cute" in the Pokemon movies they had to replace him every week or so. The discarded Pikachu would be eaten by the crew or sold to slavers.
Don't say that!
Now I can never watch Pokemon again.

Last edited by Ash Ketchum; 11-12-09 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-13-09, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mark Wahlberg once gouged out the eye of a Vietnamese liquor store clerk.
Old 11-14-09, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffkjoe
I think one of the funniest and most believable revelations about a celebrity is that Robin Williams has horrendous body odor, from all that hair on his body. (by Jay Thomas on the Howard Stern Show).
I've heard that Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell are a couple of smelly dirtbags too.
Old 11-14-09, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

This is just turning into ridiculous rumor mongering. Errrr... turning into?

Owen Wilson loves trannies. I mean, he LOVES them.
Old 11-14-09, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

Richard Gere likes gerbils and has one as a pet. Well he had a pet gerbil, but it mysteriously died.
Old 11-14-09, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,199 Likes on 2,065 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffkjoe
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I've heard that Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell are a couple of smelly dirtbags too.
I seem to remember on one talk show or another Jenny McCarthy said Christopher Walken smelled like formaldehyde. I can actually believe that...
Old 11-14-09, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And I heard the story that Brad Pitt doesn't take showers and smells bad....

I mean... I'm pretty sure a lot of these aren't real.
Old 11-16-09, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I seem to remember on one talk show or another Jenny McCarthy said Christopher Walken smelled like formaldehyde. I can actually believe that...
She also mentioned that he carried a browning, half-eaten apple in his pocket.
Old 11-17-09, 02:05 AM

I don't believe this one, but I get a kick out of it...

Sometime in the mid-1990s, when Mike de Luca was running New Line, he got it into his head that he wanted to do a LOST IN SPACE movie. Only, he wanted it to be a huge, prestige production along the lines of ID4 or BRAVEHEART. He was dreaming of a $150M budget (this is when WATERWORLD had broken the bank at $200M).
So, he made the right calls, and managed to get

David Mamet
Meryl Streep
Robert Redford

in the same room, at the same time. They had no idea what kind of project they were going to be dealing with, but the money at stake was too big to be ignored.
So, anyways, you've got three of the biggest talents in the business and Mike de Luca sitting in a conference room, and de Luca starts the meeting by saying:
"I want to make a $150 Million LOST IN SPACE movie."
Dead silence from the other three. They do not do movies based on shitty TV shows. No they don't.
Redford, still silent, looks at Mamet. He then looks at Streep before looking back at de luca and asking:
"How much coke did you do last night?"
Old 11-17-09, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Johnny Cash once killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

For realz.
Old 11-17-09, 08:37 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Neeb
"I want to make a $150 Million LOST IN SPACE movie."
Dead silence from the other three. They do not do movies based on shitty TV shows. No they don't.
Redford, still silent, looks at Mamet. He then looks at Streep before looking back at de luca and asking:
"How much coke did you do last night?"
The joke's on them, because the eventual film was so popular it knocked Titanic out of the #1 slot!
Old 11-17-09, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
The joke's on them, because the eventual film was so popular it knocked Titanic out of the #1 slot!
But just think how much better it would have done with Streep and Redford in the cast and dialogue by David Mamet!
Old 11-17-09, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

But just think how much better it would have done with Streep and Redford in the cast and dialogue by David Mamet!
Matt LeBlanc > Robert Redford
Old 11-17-09, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

David Schwimmer > oxygen

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.