Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Pioneer CLD-D606 Player Problems

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-09, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Actually I have (2) players and both have no power. The last one just went out the other day. I am guessing maybe the victim of a power surge. Are these fixable? Do they go bad because of a bad sodder job or is there a part that needs replacing and are these available. The players are at least 10 yrs old and not sure if the parts are still used in the newer players.
Old 11-01-09, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Pioneer CLD-D606 Player Problems

If there's no power at all then it's probably the fuse
Old 11-01-09, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There are two places that service Pioneer equipment in my area so I will give them a call tomorrow too see if they can fix them. If they do get fixed,best thing too do when they are not in use is to un-plug them.
Old 11-23-09, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The player is in the repair shop . It will cost 169 bucks to repair. Bad fuse and the board needs re-soldering. I would rather do this than by a used one. Never know when a used one will go bad. B & H Photo has the newest LD/DVD/CD Pioneer player for over 800 bucks.
Old 11-23-09, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't want that combo crap. It's no better than your 606's are, yet still pretty crazy expensive. Would be better to find a 704 used and cope with the used mess. IMO.
Old 11-24-09, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts

I've had a DVL-909 (laserdisc/DVD) for 11 years, used with my 4x3 TV, but when I finally get a 16x9 TV I will probably use a different laserdisc-only player that someone gave me a while ago. The 909 has been great (except for a skipping problem when playing side 2, which it went to the shop twice for and has been fine for a couple years) but the spinning-disc graphic it shows while changing sides is annoying, plus when you power it off the laser pickup for DVD automatically slides into place. If I were using it only for laserdiscs, that would put a lot of needless wear and tear on it, since it'd always be doing that only to bring out the LD pickup when the drawer opens. I guess I could just leave it powered on, or unplug it when not in use so the LD pickup would always stay in place....