Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Madden NFL Arcade.

Old 10-14-09, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts
Madden NFL Arcade.

EA SPORTS announces an all-new football experience with Madden NFL Arcade.

Introducing an all-new way to experience the Madden NFL franchise with Madden NFL Arcade - a fun, pick-up-and-play, 5-on-5 football game from EA Tiburon. Madden NFL Arcade is pure adrenaline football for both casual and diehard NFL fans, featuring a unique art style that brings your favorite players to life like never before! Madden NFL Arcade will be available as a download on Xbox LIVE Arcade and the PlayStation Store for 1200 MS Points and $14.99 respectively, just in time for the holidays in December.

"When you look around the office and see your whole team playing and having tons of fun with it, you know the game hit the right mark," said marketing director Nathan Stewart. "We have diehard Madden fans who have worked on the franchise for a decade, and more casual gamers who are all playing together and enjoying it. If our productivity the past few weeks is any indication, we've created a game that everyone will love."

Choose one of your favorite 32 NFL teams and distinctive home stadium for a battle with the best five players on each side of the ball, and let the excitement begin! Each team is given four downs to march 60 yards to pay dirt - no penalties or field goals allowed here, pal! Get your Madden NFL fix in a completely new way, with fast-paced games where the first team to 30 wins. Want to mix it up? Madden NFL Arcade can be tailored to fit your liking by changing options, such as skill level, points to win, and more; making each game unlike the one before. Take advantage of 13 unique "Game Changers" to break the game wide open on a single play. Add an entourage of lineman to get the sack, freeze an opposing player, turn off your opponent's passing icons, and much more. No lead is safe in Madden NFL Arcade.

Madden NFL Arcade is the perfect video game for gameday, allowing up to four players to play co-op on a single console. You can also take on the world online in head-to-head matches and track your performance via interactive leaderboards. If you like to commemorate your gridiron success, Madden NFL Arcade will also provide a host of achievements and trophies to boost your gamer score.

Coming December 09.
Old 10-14-09, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Madden NFL Arcade.

Sounds like old school NFL Blitz, which is good
Old 10-14-09, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

i wish it were in the style of Tecmo Bowl.
Old 10-14-09, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I agree. I hope that's what we get.
Old 10-14-09, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 377 Likes on 304 Posts

As long as it's not like NFL Street where you'd get a "gamebreaker" and literally could score or be scored upon at will. Make it like Blitz or Tecmo Bowl and live the shit cheating features out. I might be in for this.
Old 10-14-09, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,158 Likes on 4,191 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Sounds like NHL 3 On 3 Arcade, which is bad.
Old 10-14-09, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds kind of cool but 5 on 5
Old 11-12-09, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The downloadable only title Madden Arcade now has an official release date. It will be out on Tuesday November 24th on PSN and Wednesday November 25th on XBLA. It had been originally planned to make its way out in December. Madden Arcade will go for 1200 MS points for the 360 and the equivalent $15 for the PS3.

EA Sports has shifted their arcade titles to this method of downloadable only delivery, providing compact offerings at much more reasonable prices than would’ve been found at retail. 3 on 3 NHL Arcade was the first attempt at it and by all accounts it was a nice success.
Old 11-12-09, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
3 on 3 NHL Arcade was the first attempt at it and by all accounts it was a nice success.
Assuming, of course, those accounts don't include Metacritic review scores or online activity numbers.
Old 11-25-09, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Has anyone played this yet? I downloaded the game and played it this morning. If you were a fan of the old NFL Street series back on the PS2 and Xbox, I think you will enjoy it. It's something you won't spend hours and hours playing but if you are in the mood for a quick football game, this will do. It is what it is, an acrade game. It doesn't try to be anything more than that.

I think the younger crowd will get more out of it than guys our age. If you have some extra MS points to burn like I did, I would say go for it. I bought a 1600 points card a long time ago and hadn't found anything I wanted to buy with them. If not, this is something you can live without.

Last edited by Sonny Corinthos; 11-25-09 at 08:19 AM.
Old 11-25-09, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is there at least a fairly deep single player mode. At least a season maybe? I love Street. Hopefully, there are unlocks or other incentives to keep playing.
Old 11-25-09, 08:58 AM

I'm downloading the demo now. It's 500+ MB so it'll take a little while. This arrived yesterday on the PSN store, but without a demo. Honestly, I have no idea what they're thinking half the time.
Anyway if it actually plays like Blitz, I just might pick it up.
Old 11-25-09, 11:14 AM

Tried the demo out briefly before heading for work. I don't know. It's kind of fun. Not sure if I like the "No clock/ Play to 30" mechanic. I also think a kicking option for FG and extra points would have been useful. Having to always throw to the endzone on 4th down is a little silly if you're just shooting for points -- I don't understand why they did it that way. Not fully sure how to use the powerups yet, but I can totally see that score swap powerup being the source of much whining and complaining. Still, it was kind of fun and looked pretty good. Will wait to see some reviews; the demo gives you no idea as to how shallow or deep the gameplay actually is and it's over WAY too quickly.
Old 11-25-09, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I played the demo and I didn't hate but also wasn't really in to it either so I think this might be a deal of the week purchase for me.
Old 11-25-09, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I found it to be too limited in scope even for an arcade style football game. No clock, no special teams, limited play calling options all make for a game that's likely to be mastered then forgotten within hours or days at the most.
Old 08-03-10, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Bump.

Best Buy is giving vouchers for this game for free if you pre-order Madden. So I pre-ordered it and have been playing it. It's a fun game, but there is not one person playing this game online. Does anyone have this for PS3 that would be willing to play a few games so I can get the roster update and try to get the online trophies?

Last edited by Drav3n; 08-03-10 at 12:57 PM.