Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Wrong Turn 3: Left for Dead [Unrated]'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-09, 07:27 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

I read Tyler Foster's DVD review of Wrong Turn 3: Left for Dead [Unrated] at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=40134 and...I didn't think this would get reviewed and was hoping it was everything Tyler stated and more. Good read.

I, like Tyler, highly enjoyed Part 2 (it was a blind buy, not even seeing all of 1 prior, though i later bought that as well) and it has become one of my more fun guilty pleasures. I too, also don't really like the 1<sup>st</sup> and usually get bored when I try to rewatch it.

Part 2 really goes over-the-top (especially with one of my most favorite opening sequences in a long time)...with the effects, the gore and the performances by all...and it completely works!

Knew 3 was coming up and was hoping it could come somewhat close to 2 and it seems it does.

Looking forward to picking this up if readily available or at the very least renting it.

Thanks Tyler for reviewing it.
Old 10-13-09, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: DVD Talk review of 'Wrong Turn 3: Left for Dead [Unrated]'

It's not really the same as 2; the director says in the extras he wanted to make it an action movie -- a claim I wouldn't really support -- but it's not nearly as Texas Chain Saw Massacrey as Lynch's film. I did like it, though, more than The Hills Run Red. Like my review says, though, watch out for that really stupid last bit.