Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Drag Me to Hell [Unrated Director's Cut]'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-09, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Tyler Foster's DVD review of Drag Me to Hell [Unrated Director's Cut] at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=39260 and...

I find it retarded that you state nothing is worthwhile in the Xtras, but you give it 4 stars? What gets a 5 star? (Stills from the shoot)

Other than that the review was the same as almost every other site. This is a fun, romp horror flick.
Old 10-13-09, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: DVD Talk review of 'Drag Me to Hell [Unrated Director's Cut]'

Originally Posted by IndianaJonesing
I read Tyler Foster's DVD review of Drag Me to Hell [Unrated Director's Cut] at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=39260 and...

I find it retarded that you state nothing is worthwhile in the Xtras, but you give it 4 stars? What gets a 5 star? (Stills from the shoot)

Other than that the review was the same as almost every other site. This is a fun, romp horror flick.
I'm pretty sure I said something entirely different!
Originally Posted by My Review of Drag Me to Hell
Instead, we get a series of 14 Production Diaries ("Intro" - 1:36, "The Bloody Nose" - 2:45, "Inside the Psychic World" - 2:58, "Makeup Effects" - 2:19, "Alison in Mud" - 3:13, "The Nightmare" - 2:00, "Alison's Wirework" - 2:19, "Justin Long Profile" - 2:44, "The Parking Lot Fight" - 1:49, "The Goat" - 2:56, "Set Tour: The Great Room" - 2:54, "Puzzle Car" - 1:40, "[Spoiler Title]" - 2:56 and "Sound Design" - 3:07, with a Play All option, running 35:07). Despite some cornball, out-of-place "hosting" segments with Justin Long (his "profile" is much better), these add up to a surprisingly excellent look at the making of the movie, with funny, candid interviews with cast and crew, including Sam Raimi, Alison Lohman, Dileep Rao (who sounds like Jeremy Piven using his normal voice), Lorna Raver and the great Greg Nicotero of KNB Effects. These clips are packed with awesome B-roll material and a minimum of film footage, so rest assured that it's almost entirely worthwhile, highly-entertaining stuff.
Old 10-15-09, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Re: DVD Talk review of 'Drag Me to Hell [Unrated Director's Cut]'

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
I'm pretty sure I said something entirely different!
Yeah, I get the impression that he read just the three words "The Extras Sadly" and skipped the rest of the Extras section of the review.

BTW, thanks for the part on the differences between the theatrical version and the unrated version. It's on its way to me from NetFlix and I probably would have just watched the unrated version once I played the disc if I had not read your review. Now I plan to watch the theatrical version and just check out the differences in the unrated version afterwards.

Last edited by dhmac; 10-15-09 at 10:34 AM.