Dexter - "Blinded By the Light" - 10/11/09

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-09, 12:59 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Dexter - "Blinded By the Light" - 10/11/09

Spoiler:
It's hard enough for Dexter to fake one-on-one relationships. Now he finds himself at the center of a bustling suburban community. When a local vandal begins stirring up trouble, the neighborhood becomes vigilant and wary, two things Dexter certainly doesn't need. His mobility is also hampered by Rita, who insists on driving him around after his incident. Dexter's not the only one feeling trapped - Debra is less than thrilled when Anton announces he's taken a local job to spend more time with her. Meanwhile, the Trinity Killer dispatches his next victim. Debra becomes drawn to Lundy's theories about Trinity, while Dexter finds himself in awe of Trinity's masterful killing technique. Despite their enthusiasm, LaGuerta threatens to shut down the investigation, instead focused on bringing the Vacation Murderers to justice.
Old 10-12-09, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Dexter - "Blinded By the Light" - 10/11/09

I know they were trying to point out that Dexter is a lone wolf and works alone. It just didn't sit with me that he was going out after hours trying to find the neighborhood tagger. Granted the matched fingerprint wasn't the right one, why not go ahead and bring it up? It just seemed too forced. More than usual.

Oh and for those that saw the previews. Looks like we know who's going to get the ax, especially when Lundy said the last guy will be a man.
Old 10-12-09, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Quinn telling the reporter that there's a potential 30+ year old serial case that no one knows about was pretty dumb.

On the other hand, that massage totally looked worth it.
Old 10-12-09, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by kantonburg
I know they were trying to point out that Dexter is a lone wolf and works alone. It just didn't sit with me that he was going out after hours trying to find the neighborhood tagger. Granted the matched fingerprint wasn't the right one, why not go ahead and bring it up? It just seemed too forced. More than usual.
I didn't like it, either. It pisses me off when relatively intelligent people do completely stupid things just for purposes of the plot.
Old 10-12-09, 08:18 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

After several weeks of playing "catch up" and watching seasons 1-3 marathon-style, I'm finally caught up with the show and watching new episodes.

I got to say that this particular episode was pretty weak. Dexter takes down the neighborhood vandal! Tune in next week when he goes after jaywalkers and internet piracy!
Old 10-12-09, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't think it was so much that he was after a neighborhood menace than the way he handled it. It just seemed so off.
Old 10-12-09, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well he knew he couldnt kill the kid, I don't think he really knew the best way to go about just scaring him.

All in all, it was my least favorite ep of the season. They really need to get a move on with the trinity killer. He's a great character (Lithgow is great) but they haven't shown enough of him. What they have shown so far have been some great scenes! I wanna see more.
Old 10-12-09, 10:42 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

It's Monday and I'm a little confused about the Trinity Killer. I know he kills in 3's but why were they looking into kills from 30 years ago? Is Trinity re-creating his (or someone else's) past kills from 30 years ago this kill cycle? I guess I'm confused on the 30 years thing and that Trinity has had 15 kill cycles.
Old 10-12-09, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm a bit confused on the 30 year thing too, hopefully someone can explian it. He's obv re-creating kills from 30 yrs ago I'm just not sure if he's re-creating his own kills or someone else's.
Old 10-12-09, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From what I understand he started there. And then has kept moving from place to place recreating the three kills. He's absolutely the best since he hasn't been caught in 30 years repeating the same 3 kills all over the country.
Old 10-12-09, 12:42 PM

Not only hasn't he been caught, he hasn't been (officially) investigated.
Old 10-12-09, 01:15 PM

I am not eating cat poop!

Last edited by OscarBluth; 11-09-11 at 12:39 AM.
Old 10-12-09, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

I figured that Astor was going to end up being the vandal with all of the 'tude she's been copping lately. Kind of weak that it just turned out to be a pissed-off yuppie.

Quinn's a total dumbfuck. I hope that the cute Internal Affairs girl can get away from the Dollhouse long enough to make a return engagement.

I'm a little confused about how they're going to handle the Trinity Killer. He kills three people, and then moves on. He's already killed two in the first three episodes, so we have his final kill drawn out over nine more episodes. Hope they can manage to make this interesting.
Old 10-12-09, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 0073735963
It's Monday and I'm a little confused about the Trinity Killer. I know he kills in 3's but why were they looking into kills from 30 years ago? Is Trinity re-creating his (or someone else's) past kills from 30 years ago this kill cycle? I guess I'm confused on the 30 years thing and that Trinity has had 15 kill cycles.
15 kill cycles Lundy knows about, not 15 total. They're looking into kills from 30 years ago because Dexter found old blood and looked into that house and found an identical kill from 30 years ago in the same spot, which led them to think he's not only duplicating the cycle but the locations.

Originally Posted by firteen88
I'm a bit confused on the 30 year thing too, hopefully someone can explian it. He's obv re-creating kills from 30 yrs ago I'm just not sure if he's re-creating his own kills or someone else's.
They're hinting about that, they're hinting more than that really as far as the start of the cycle but since they haven't really said it right out yet (they came pretty close though I think) I won't say more.
Old 10-12-09, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
After several weeks of playing "catch up" and watching seasons 1-3 marathon-style, I'm finally caught up with the show and watching new episodes.

I got to say that this particular episode was pretty weak. Dexter takes down the neighborhood vandal! Tune in next week when he goes after jaywalkers and internet piracy!
There was a very good reason he wanted that vandal to stop.
Old 10-12-09, 02:48 PM

I understand why he wanted the vandal to stop, it just wasn't good television.
Old 10-12-09, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

I actually like it when they throw every day stuff that normal people go through as obstacles for Dexter and what he does (like a neighborhood watch). I think of these mundane normal tasks as Dexter's kryptonite.

However, I do agree that Dexter's methods were overkill. He probably didn't want Astor to know that he took down the kid vandal because she kinda liked him and he didnt want her to be further alienated - so he wore a mask and wanted to scare the kid. However, wouldn't just videotaping the act of vandalism and sending the tape anonymously to someone in the neighborhood suffice?

Quinn saying too much again was too simplistic. Couldn't there have been another way for the info to come out that doesn't make Quinn look that stupid?

The Angel/Laguerta relationship is dull enough. Making a storyline on how they're trying to keep it quiet doesn't help in any way. I don't care if the characters are dating - just leave it out of the storyline.

Deb/Anton/Lundy triangle... once again, who gives a shit?

Let's hope Trinity takes up more plot time in the upcoming episodes and I'm also curious about Deb being on track to find out about her father's past and how it ties in with Dexter.
Old 10-12-09, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Coral
Quinn saying too much again was too simplistic. Couldn't there have been another way for the info to come out that doesn't make Quinn look that stupid?
To be fair, they put gratuitous nudity into that same scene, so it all evens out.
Old 10-12-09, 04:48 PM

at Masuka's truck..
Old 10-12-09, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by davethomasowns
at Masuka's truck..
that was the best part of the episode. and he was listening to country music!

good episode. if you've read any articles about this season, you'll know what's coming up re: Trinity killer.

read at your own risk:

Spoiler:
somehow he and Dexter hook up
Old 10-13-09, 12:48 AM

That was a bad episode. Anyone not named Dexter, Lundy or Trinity I do not want taking up episode time. Oh, except for the reporters boobs. I approve of that.
Old 10-13-09, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Every main character on this show besides Dexter is so poorly written I don't think they should even get scenes where they're not interacting with Dexter.
Old 10-13-09, 11:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I thought this episode sucked too. Guess I wasn't alone.
Old 10-13-09, 11:54 AM

I didn't think it was a terrible episode. They just really should have handled the neighborhood watch thing differently. I think Dexter would be smart enough not to go about it the way he did. Trying to sneak into the kids bedroom and scare him? And predictably, he also managed to raise more suspicion from his wife, knocking out the lights at the end.

I do like that Dexter keeps trying to be more and more 'normal', but just trying to fit in makes his life more and more complicated. The killing is the only part that comes easy to him.

I also love that promo picture, "My dad is killer"!
Old 10-13-09, 11:54 AM

When Dexter pushed Astro into the pool, it seemed like something Michael Scott would do.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.