Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

minor sync issues with OPPO OPDV971H

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 10-08-09, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had this player for several years, works great for the most part, and is by far the best dvd player i've ever owned.

Every once in a while, when i start a dvd, the audio sync seems a hair off at times. (i watched Leon for the umpteenth time) and noticed that some of the sync was off. Now once i hit stop, and then play, it seemingly was fixed with out issues. So i don't know if maybe the Optical cable is a tad loose, or if its time for an upgrade. I've also always wanted to know if the speaker or audio settings on the player really made any difference. I have an old Sony Home Theater in a box that i got years ago. I don't know the model number though.

any help with what limited info i gave would be greatly appreciative
Old 10-28-09, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: minor sync issues with OPPO OPDV971H

Have you updated the firmware? The update on this page mentions the video/audio issue your having.

http://oppodigital.com/opdv971h_support.asp
Old 10-29-09, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: minor sync issues with OPPO OPDV971H

thanks. sent them an email, and they promptly are sending me a cd for the update today. I wonder if also this would 'fix' center channel problems too, or if its just that i need a new channel. sometimes the dialogue is so low its hard to hear, but if you turn it up, the movies score, gunfire or what ever would scare the crap out of me. i know its prob dynamic range, but i wonder if just replacing the center speaker with a larger one would make it any better?