Old 10-08-09, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon DOD 10/8 - Gilmore Girls Complete Series: $109.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

Old 10-08-09, 07:53 AM

Re: Amazon DOD 10/8 - Gilmore Girls Complete Series: $109.99

Has anyone seen this for less new?

I am feeling very tempted by this price and could sell the first three sets I have for around $40 to bring down the price... my big fear is that the complete set or the individual releases will go majorly on sale closer to Christmas and I'll regret spending over a hundred now.
Old 10-08-09, 08:20 AM

hmmm...wish I would've bought the complete series set. are there any additions there that weren't on the season by season releases?
I would sell all my seperate seasons of it but unfortinatly each set has a few discs that've gotten scratch marks. need to figure out how to get rid of scratches.
Old 10-08-09, 08:44 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think this set has a book, that the individual sets don't have.
Old 10-08-09, 08:46 AM

would love to get this but with all the halloween dvd sales that will happen this month + black friday next month i cant squeeze 100+ for a set right now

great deal for a sealed brand new set of this, ive seen it 80-90 used on the amazon user store
Old 10-08-09, 01:52 PM

I paid around $15 apiece for each of the individual season sets.... and this price comes out to be $15.70 per season if you divide the total by seven seasons.... so its about the same total price as buying them separately when they were all on sale at one time or another.... great show, btw.... but as a guy, the complete series packaging is a bit too girly for my tastes (not to mention non-shelf-friendly), so I'll be keeping my individual seasons....but really, I can't recommend the show enough for those who might be thinking about going for this deal
Old 10-08-09, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by moonraker
I paid around $15 apiece for each of the individual season sets.... and this price comes out to be $15.70 per season if you divide the total by seven seasons.... so its about the same total price as buying them separately when they were all on sale at one time or another.... great show, btw.... but as a guy, the complete series packaging is a bit too girly for my tastes (not to mention non-shelf-friendly), so I'll be keeping my individual seasons....but really, I can't recommend the show enough for those who might be thinking about going for this deal
Yeah, the picture book that comes with this was really nice, but when I got it, I just hated the packaging and that it couldn't be stored on my shelves, so I returned it and bought back the original seasons. I'm pretty sure the discs came in those pockets where you pull them out against cardboard and they were REALLY tight. I checked several discs and there were no scratches, but I figured over time it was a risk I didn't want to take.

Sure did love the book, though.
Old 10-08-09, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by moonraker
great show, btw.... but as a guy, the complete series packaging is a bit too girly for my tastes (not to mention non-shelf-friendly), so I'll be keeping my individual seasons....but really, I can't recommend the show enough for those who might be thinking about going for this deal
The one great shame of the show was that there was a disconnect between the show itself (which isn't that girly) with the show's intro/song and marketing (which was sickenly girly). I loved that show, but those who just knew the show by it's song or marketing thought I was weird.

Edit: And WTF is up with these complete sets that don't fit on a shelf? Isn't that the whole point? Complete sets should be like Andromeda (slipstream version) where they're in double-slimcase cases in a big box. That'd be ideal. Nobody buys the complete sets for the packaging, they buy it to have the whole thing on their shelves cheaply.

Example:

[you may now go back on-topic]

Last edited by RequiemX; 10-08-09 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-08-09, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by QuirkyMovieGirl
Has anyone seen this for less new?
No, but it's sometimes part of a B2G1 sale. Checking my records, I got three copies during Barnes & Noble's sale for a total of $353 shipped, and then sold two of them for about $310. I am not suggesting doing that amount of legwork, but if there are other series you are interested in that are in the same price range, chances are that another B2G1 or even B1G1 will pop up.