Trauma -- New Series -- Monday's on NBC

Old 10-05-09, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts
Trauma -- New Series -- Monday's on NBC

Trauma

Synopsis for All's Fair:

Spoiler:

An out-of-control car plows into a street fair, and the team rushes to the scene. Elsewhere, Nancy meets her new partner, and Marisa learns a lesson from Rabbit.

The Pilot was way over the top. Hopefully they will tone it down a bit. Agree with Septemberbaby is the Pilot thread the only thing keeping me tuning in is Peter Berg's name on this show. I hope that means he had some creative input in it. Hopefully they worked out the kinks.
Old 10-05-09, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Trauma -- New Series -- Monday's on NBC

That picture above tells all about this wretched show.
Old 10-05-09, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Couldn't have said it better myself...well at least for the 1st episode.
Old 10-06-09, 10:58 AM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

Was last night's ep any better than the pilot?
Old 10-06-09, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

wow, they faked me out on the wood chipper
I was totally expecting his arm or something to get chewed to bits
Old 10-27-09, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Trauma isn't dead yet. NBC ordered 3 more episodes. We now have 16.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/NBC-Comm...a-1011277.aspx
Old 10-27-09, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, that's pretty cool. I really enjoy Trauma even with it's fault of trying to make the viewers care about the characters a bit too much. The actual cases are great, with a nice hard-edge to them. And Cliff Curtis makes this show work.
Old 10-27-09, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Oops, I think I misinterpreted the article. We're still getting 13 episodes, but NBC has committed to airing at least 3 more episodes.
Old 10-27-09, 08:55 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Oops, I think I misinterpreted the article. We're still getting 13 episodes, but NBC has committed to airing at least 3 more episodes.
There ya go

NBC has nothing to air in its place right now. They are holding on to dead shows because at best they could only replace it with a repeat of Heroes.
Old 10-28-09, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
NBC has nothing to air in its place right now. They are holding on to dead shows because at best they could only replace it with a repeat of Heroes.
Yeah. Too bad really. The show has grown on me. This week's Halloween episode actually showed some real character growth that has been seriously lacking. However, it appears to be too little too late. While the show's concept isn't bad, I can't believe no one considered the price tag for all the special effects each episode requires for every other medical emergency they encounter...
Old 10-28-09, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by gmanca
Wow, that's pretty cool. I really enjoy Trauma even with it's fault of trying to make the viewers care about the characters a bit too much. The actual cases are great, with a nice hard-edge to them. And Cliff Curtis makes this show work.
Agreed. Despite the reasoning, I'm just happy to hear that Trauma will continue to be on the air in the coming weeks.
Old 10-28-09, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

they should have just made it a spin off of ER
then they could have special guest appearances by ER cast to lure people in
Old 10-28-09, 10:37 PM
Suspended

NBC canceled this a few minutes ago
Old 10-28-09, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Yep, gone. The funny thing is the last ep was the first one I liked. But overall, the show was meh.
Old 10-29-09, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk God

It's says they will produced all 13 ordered episodes. So most likely they are just going to let them air and run out. Chuck will probably take over this timeslot once Trauma is done.
Old 10-29-09, 09:10 AM

^ Yeah, that looks to be the case.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1
NBC has ordered up six more episodes of "Chuck" for midseason - and it didn't even take a Subway campaign to do it.

The critic fave but low-rated "Chuck" barely survived the ax last May, but Peacock execs were wowed enough by an aggressive campaign by the show's loyalists to keep it on the air.

That movement - which revolved around fans buying hoagies at Subway - also impressed the sandwich giant, which signed on as a marketing partner to help spur the show's return.

Net picked up 13 episodes of "Chuck" for midseason, and wasn't expected to bring the series back until March, after the Winter Olympics.

But now that it has canceled "Southland," and "Trauma" appears unlikely to get a back nine order, Peacock may be plotting an earlier return - perhaps in January - for "Chuck." Hence the decision to expand the show's third season to 19 episodes.

Warner Bros. TV is behind action-comedy "Chuck," which comes from exec producers Josh Schwartz, Chris Fedak, McG and Scott Rosenbaum. Zachary Levi stars as Chuck Batowski, an unlikely secret agent.
Old 10-29-09, 09:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That's a bummer.. Hated the time slot, always ended up having to watch it on Hulu because of the conflicts with Lie To Me and the CBS junk. Oh well.
Old 10-29-09, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They'd be better off with 13-episode seasons in general IMHO.
Old 10-29-09, 09:36 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DJariya
It's says they will produced all 13 ordered episodes. So most likely they are just going to let them air and run out. Chuck will probably take over this timeslot once Trauma is done.
That was always the plan. NBC has to air most of them since they can't replace it with anything. Oh NBC, the shit you got yourself into.
Old 11-19-09, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Okay, this is a complete surprise. According to Nikki Finke's blog, NBC has apparently uncancelled Trauma and will order more episodes beyond the original 13.

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/nb...oubled-trauma/

On its first airing, the Peter Berg-produced Trauma drew just 6.9 million viewers and a 2.3 rating in the key 18-49 category. On the bright side, Trauma did build on its lackluster Heroes lead-in. Also, the reviews were disappointing, a backlash came from the Emergency Medical Services community, and a hefty pricetag made it one of NBC's most expensive new fall series. It's been so much on the bubble since its debut that it was declared DOA by blogs (who claimed NBC had decided not to order any more episodes of the medical drama to make room for the return of Chuck to Monday nights next year.) But I've learned that NBC has told the show this week the network not only will produce all 13 episodes from its current order but also order more. What helped to earn a pickup? A recent ratings rise.
Old 11-19-09, 04:00 PM
Suspended

It's not confirmed yet, but many are speculating its because NBC lacks anything else to launch in 2010. Parenthood is...not doing to well right now.
Old 11-19-09, 04:13 PM

I kinda' dig this show and I welcome more episodes.
Old 11-20-09, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...-episodes.html

'Trauma' still has a pulse; NBC orders more episodes
By Rick Porter

November 20, 2009 12:23 AM

Reports of the death of NBC's "Trauma" are, if not greatly exaggerated, at least a little premature.

The network has reversed its earlier position on the show -- an NBC rep said late last month that the show would be done after its initial 13-episode order -- and decided to keep the paramedic drama on the air a little longer. The network has asked for three more episodes of the show, according to The Hollywood Reporter and others.

Ratings for the pricy show -- which is heavy on location shooting and big set pieces -- have been nothing to crow about. The show draws a shade under 6.5 million viewers a week (DVR viewing included) and a 2.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic. (The numbers have, at least, been pretty consistent.)

"Trauma" will have aired 10 episodes by the end of 2009, which will leave six (three from the original order and the three new ones) for later in the season. There's a pretty good chance the show will stay on Monday nights, but it likely wouldn't return until spring since "Chuck" and "Heroes" are booked for that night starting in January.

"Heroes," however, will likely finish its season before the Winter Olympics in mid-February. The alien-invasion drama "Day One" was slated to fill that spot starting in March, but since NBC cut its order to just four hours, the network will have some space to fill come March.
Chris
Old 11-20-09, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Dang. I liked the Halloween ep after finding the previous eps boring. Then I found out it was dead so I stopped watching. Now it has more eps...

I'm so confused.
Old 11-20-09, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Dang. I liked the Halloween ep after finding the previous eps boring. Then I found out it was dead so I stopped watching. Now it has more eps...

I'm so confused.
They still have the last 5 episodes on Hulu, so if you have time, you can still get back into it.

It seems like 10 episodes will air this year and the remaining 6, which includes the extra 3 episodes will air sometime in 2010.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.