Dexter - "Remains to Be Seen" - 10/04/09

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-09, 01:54 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Dexter - "Remains to Be Seen" - 10/04/09

Spoiler:
The pressures of fatherhood threaten to bring Dexter's world crashing down. In his carelessness, Dexter realizes that he's misplaced crucial evidence, something that could expose his dark side to the world. But his search will have to wait, as Miami Metro's two simultaneous murder cases continue to escalate. Their top priority is to solve 'The Vacation Murders', a series of robberies gone bad that threaten Miami's lucrative tourist industry. Lundy, however, remains convinced that the bigger problem is dealing with the Trinity Killer, who unbeknownst to them is already stalking his next victim. Dexter has to weave a web of lies to extract himself from his duties, hoping to bury his secret before someone else finds it first.
Old 10-04-09, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: Dexter - "Remains to Be Seen" - 10/04/09

Saw the 1st episode 2 days ago and fricking loved it. Looking forward to it.

Loved how the exhaustion of being a Dad is hurting Dex when he's out and about stalking his prey.
Old 10-05-09, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Really enjoyed this episode. I love the concept of Dexter trying to maintain all his identities. Should make for an interesting season.

"Fuck"

Last edited by hippie68; 10-05-09 at 09:24 PM. Reason: wrong word
Old 10-05-09, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

awesome episode. only thing is what's up w/ Quinn. all buddy buddy with Dexter now. i know Dexter saw him jacking the money but it just seems forced.
Old 10-05-09, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
awesome episode. only thing is what's up w/ Quinn. all buddy buddy with Dexter now. i know Dexter saw him jacking the money but it just seems forced.
I think that was the point. He was trying to feel Dexter out and see if he was going to rat on him.
Old 10-05-09, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk God

which he obviously didn't. just seems like the quinn character changed so much from last season.
Old 10-05-09, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I liked this episode better than the premiere. The premiere was good but I thought it felt a little off in some parts for some reason. I liked that
Spoiler:
Dexter found Benny's body right away I was kinda thinking it would be lame if they made that a multiple episode deal
The Trinity Killer definitely seems like he's gonna give The Ice Truck Killer a run for his money for me as far as the best "villain" on Dexter so far. Lithgow is just so creepy and his character seems like its going to be really interesting.
Old 10-06-09, 12:06 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

I thought it was good.

I'm interested to see what part Lundy is going to play in this.
Old 10-06-09, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Other than Lithgow, the non-Dexter scenes are sorta starting to bore me. I FF'd through a couple of them near the end.
Old 10-06-09, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by MrX
I thought it was good.

I'm interested to see what part Lundy is going to play in this.
putting a prediction in spoiler here:

Spoiler:
i have a feeling Trinity Killer is going to see that Lundy is onto him and going to take him out
Old 10-06-09, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The thing about the side stuff is that some of it if obviously going to affect Dexter, like Lundy and some stuff appears to be filler crap, like Laguarta/Angel. And who the fuck knows with Quinn. His riff with Dexter and the reporter relationship seem like they could really go somewhere, and last season I would have given them the benefit of the doubt. But then they spent time setting up the IA investigator/Deb/Quinn story and it went nowhere, so I don't know if I should be paying attention to this crap or not. I'm hoping last season was just a way to setup Quinn for whatever they have planned for this season.

Maybe there is a fundamental difference between how I see the show and how the writers do. For me the show is best when tightly written and heavily plot driven. I'm not asking for CSI though. The character stuff is great IF it ties back into the plot at some point, otherwise it's a waste because I'm not watching the show to follow Deb or Angel's love life or office politics.
Old 10-06-09, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

I do hope that Quinn's storyline goes somewhere and possibly ties in to last years suspicions of him - especially since the whole internal-affairs thing was pointless.

I'm also tired of hearing about Deb's love life. Her excitement on getting promoted for the first couple seasons annoyed me, now the last few seasons her love life soap opera is boring me. To make it worse, she looks like she's on the verge of breaking down and crying when she's talking about it. STFU already.

I think the prediction made above will happen as well. I also think that someone will find out about Dexter - even if that person dies not long afterwards (ala Doax).
Old 10-06-09, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
I do hope that Quinn's storyline goes somewhere and possibly ties in to last years suspicions of him - especially since the whole internal-affairs thing was pointless.

I'm also tired of hearing about Deb's love life. Her excitement on getting promoted for the first couple seasons annoyed me, now the last few seasons her love life soap opera is boring me. To make it worse, she looks like she's on the verge of breaking down and crying when she's talking about it. STFU already.

I think the prediction made above will happen as well. I also think that someone will find out about Dexter - even if that person dies not long afterwards (ala Doax).
Amen about Deb. I didn't like her character much from jump street, but she has gotten far more irritating as the show has gone on. Either Jennifer Carpenter is ridiculously overacting, or the character is purposely written to be an uber-neurotic, irksome fuckface. I can barely stand to look at her lately with the stupid ass facial expressions and anxiety shit.

Last edited by SexualPudding; 10-06-09 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-06-09, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think that it was Ausiello at ew.com had a spoiler for this season:

Spoiler:
A semi-major character will die, so I think that it will be Lundy getting killed by Lithgow