DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Survivor: Samoa - 10/01/09

Episode Title:
Spoiler:
It's Called a Russell Seed

Episode Description:
Spoiler:
Jaison attempts to gather support to oppose Russell, who struggles to maintain power at Foa Foa. During the reward challenge, the chief of one tribe makes a controversial decision that lands him in hot water back at camp. At tribal council, one castaway is voted out of the game.

Old 10-01-09, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 102 Likes on 70 Posts
Re: Survivor: Samoa - 10/01/09

Originally Posted by auto
Episode Description:
Spoiler:
... At tribal council, one castaway is voted out of the game.
Holy s**t! What a shocking twist to the game
Old 10-01-09, 01:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We were just talking in this thread that it would have been interesting if this seasons Survivor were filmed during the 8.0 earthquake and subsequent tsunami.

Chris
Old 10-01-09, 01:52 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
We were just talking in this thread that it would have been interesting if this seasons Survivor were filmed during the 8.0 earthquake and subsequent tsunami.

Chris
Season 20 (All-Stars 2) is being filmed right now in Samoa or has been filmed in the previous weeks. That's why CBS released a statement after the tsunami.
Old 10-01-09, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Howiefan
Season 20 (All-Stars 2) is being filmed right now in Samoa or has been filmed in the previous weeks. That's why CBS released a statement after the tsunami.
What statement? And I hope some 'allstars' I hated didnt make it... yea Im evil
Old 10-01-09, 03:03 PM

WOW! you're right!

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/s...unami-9630.php

Warning, this spoiler reveals the winner of Suvivor 20 to be shown next year!

Spoiler:
'Survivor' crew members unharmed by Samoa earthquake, tsunami

By Reality TV World staff, 09/30/2009

Survivor crew members are safe after a massive tsunami crushed the coastlines of Samoa and American Samoa early Tuesday morning.

"Our thoughts go out to the people of Samoa during this difficult time. Fortunately the cast and crew of Survivor has not been affected by the earthquake. Thank you for all of your concern," said CBS in a Tuesday afternoon post on the show's Facebook account.

The tsunami was caused by a powerful Pacific Ocean earthquake that hurled waves as high as 15 feet onto the coastlines of Samoa and American Samoa -- killing at least 99 people and leaving dozens missing as of Wednesday morning, The Associated Press reported, adding the death-toll is expected to rise.

The earthquake's magnitude was between 8.0 and 8.3 and struck the South Pacific islands around dawn on Tuesday, The AP reported.

Survivor's nineteenth and twentieth editions were filmed back-to-back in Samoa over the summer, with the twentieth edition -- which CBS has thus far only formally termed a "10th anniversary edition" but will be an all-stars edition featuring contestants from the reality competition's previous seasons -- finishing filming earlier this month.

"We got back last week. It's a bit of culture shock to go from the islands of Samoa, where people literally are walking around with machetes, to Hollywood, where people are walking around with Emmys, but it is good to be home," Survivor host Jeff Probst told People after his second consecutive Outstanding Reality Host win at last week's Emmy Awards ceremony.

Confirmation that Survivor's twentieth edition would feature an all-stars format had surfaced when original Survivor winner Richard Hatch requested a leave from his home confinement stint so he could travel to Samoa for approximately seven weeks for a "specific job opportunity" Survivor's producers extended him.

Hatch's July court filing included a copy of a June 23 letter in which Survivor casting director Lynne Spillman had invited Hatch to compete on the twentieth edition and noted his participation would be "particularly significant" because it "coincides with the 10 year anniversary of the series" and his victory in the show's initial Survivor: Borneo edition which aired in Summer 2000.

Spillman had asked Hatch keep the offer confidential and his filing had requested the court seal his motion from the public, however the request was rejected after the United States Attorney's Office opposed the motion as part of its objection to the Survivor winner's travel request.

A judge subsequently denied Hatch's request and he has since been re-arrested for participating in several unauthorized media interviews.

However Hatch's filing appeared to substantiate former Survivor: Palau castaway Coby Archa's own claims that the edition would be an all-stars format that would feature a "Heroes vs. Villains" theme and include former contestants who already previously returned for the show's Survivor: All-Stars or Survivor: Micronesia -- Fans vs. Favorites editions.

"Yes, obviously I wasn't asked," Archa wrote in July 8 message board posting. "Wouldn't even be talking about this if [Lynne Spillman] would have returned my e-mails lol."

Chris
Old 10-01-09, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

I don't think I ever heard that the next edition of Survivor was going to be another All-Stars edition. Not sure how I feel about that. I think that the show is more interesting when the people are strangers. I think it brings a different dynamic, one that audiences aren't privy to, when the contestants have relationships outside the game.
Old 10-01-09, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang
I don't think I ever heard that the next edition of Survivor was going to be another All-Stars edition. Not sure how I feel about that. I think that the show is more interesting when the people are strangers. I think it brings a different dynamic, one that audiences aren't privy to, when the contestants have relationships outside the game.
Well the main reason they are doing it is because of the 20th season anniversary. And it might help to bring in new viewers. I started watching Season 8, which was an All-Star edition.

Chris
Old 10-01-09, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Well the main reason they are doing it is because of the 20th season anniversary. And it might help to bring in new viewers. I started watching Season 8, which was an All-Star edition.

Chris
10th anniversary -- Don't make me feel older than I am!

I think that's an odd choice to bring in new viewers. Maybe bring back lapsed viewers. If there was a season of a show with all-stars and I had never seen the show before, I would avoid. They aren't all-stars to me if I had never watched the show.
Old 10-01-09, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang
10th anniversary -- Don't make me feel older than I am!

I think that's an odd choice to bring in new viewers. Maybe bring back lapsed viewers. If there was a season of a show with all-stars and I had never seen the show before, I would avoid. They aren't all-stars to me if I had never watched the show.
Well, I guess I think differently than most other people!

Chris
Old 10-01-09, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

I heard they also decided to do an all-star edition and shoot it in Samoa as well to save money because of the economy. I guess you would save alot of money from location scouting, new travel arrangements and transporting production equipment.
Old 10-01-09, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The yoga: that one dude had black knee-high socks on.

Ben is a twat.
Old 10-01-09, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City

Jaison IS a baby
Old 10-01-09, 08:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ben is a twat. But Jaison is also a whiny crybaby looking for an excuse to be offended.
Old 10-01-09, 08:27 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sven
Ben is a twat. But Jaison is also a whiny crybaby looking for an excuse to be offended.
Yep. Couple of morans.
Old 10-01-09, 08:47 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What the heck only 1 challenge, why did the combine the immunity and reward challenge ?
I think there is to much talking being done this season and not enough action.
Old 10-01-09, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City

Yeah

The team dominating occasionally blows thier wad at a reward challenge
Old 10-01-09, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wha? Puppet Master didn't get his way?
Old 10-01-09, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He would have but Ben just can't keep his mouth shut. I was gonna be super pissed if Ashley was voted out. That is the best looking girl left.
Old 10-01-09, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm just so tired of my eyes rolling whenever they show Evil Russell footage. Anything to set back his plans for Survivor domination is fine with me.
Old 10-01-09, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If the all-star season has people from this season's cast, they will have a big advantage. They will know all about the other contestants, but the old all-stars won't know a thing about them.
I'm interested to see a season like this, as I missed the first all-star season.
I'll call it now, final 2: Russell vs Coach
Old 10-01-09, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's a really dumb group in that tribe. All of them, really. I don't like them making it the "Coach" show or now the "Russell" show, but the guy is right about them being dumb as rocks.

How about voting out the fat guy with the immunity idol (2 people now know) before he ends up sending you home?

How about one person being as passionate about not losing any more challenges and coming together as a tribe, as Jaison was about Ben's nasty choice of words?

I'm still not sure Russell's strategy going in can get you far unless you have a losing tribe in the first place and, even then, how do you keep it up when they either mix up the tribes or merge with Russell being alone or with 1 or 2 people left...none of which will seem nearly as threatening as Russell?
Old 10-02-09, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mok
What the heck only 1 challenge, why did the combine the immunity and reward challenge ?
I think there is to much talking being done this season and not enough action.
Didn't they only have one challenge last week?

I'm wondering if it is going to be a trend.

Chris
Old 10-02-09, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Monica was looking good in her new bikini.
Old 10-02-09, 12:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They have to combine the challenges. They need to dedicate that extra challenge time to Russell The Great.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.