Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day (2009, Clattenburg)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-09, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new TRAILER PARK BOYS movie opened here in Canada yesterday. Countdown to Liquor Day picks up where the TV Show left off and is pretty much what you'd expect - it feels like a few eps of the TV series strung together, much more so than the first movie did. That one definitely had more of a story/plot than this does, which hurt this movie IMO. The stuff that advances the story doesn't really kick in until the last 45 minutes. It started off great, then the middle feels like an average episode, then it picks back up again and finishes with an OK ending. The movie feels slightly longer than it actually is, which for a comedy, is NOT a good thing.

My main complaint is that Lahey gets A LOT of screen time and really starts to grate. Him and Randy take up way too much of the movie, when we'd rather be hanging with Ricky, Julian and Bubbles... also, was pretty disappointed that Cory and Trevor aren't in the movie Some hilarious moments, a lot of mildly amusing bits and a few stretches devoid of laughs makes me think that only die hard fans of the series need to rush out and see it. If you liked the first film, it is more of the same, just not as good. 3/5

Last edited by mdc3000; 09-26-09 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-26-09, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day (2009, Clattenburg)

this is the last trailer park boy thing ever, did it wrap it up pretty good?
Old 09-27-09, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

This will be interesting to see. My girlfriend in Canada sent me the first movie's DVD, and I thought it was pretty good. It did feel like an extended series episode, which did tend to drag on a bit and made me lose a little interest at certain points. But being a fan of the show, I still enjoyed it. To be honest, I think I liked the bonus features more than the actual movie, especially the Big Dirty Band's video, "I Fought The Law". Hopefully the second movie's DVD will have good bonus features to make up for whatever the movie may lack.
Old 09-27-09, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Believe it or not, I actually miss the days when BBC America played this show. Since then it's become the Gordon Ramsey/Top Gear network.
Old 10-12-09, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Canada it's coming to DVD and Blu-ray on December 29th, for any who are interested.