Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

When In Rome 2010 Dir: Mark Steven Johnson, Kristen Bell, Josh Duhamel. Rom Com

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 09-13-09, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beth Harper (Bell) is a young, successful real estate agent ... but she's completely unlucky in love. However, when the New Yorker travels to Rome to see her newlywed sister, she impulsively steals some coins from a reputed fountain of love, and is then aggressively pursued by a band of wannabe lovers.

trailer
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qH6DPQI1-90&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qH6DPQI1-90&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I'll admit, this looks amusing (and i'm the one person who liked daredevil
Old 09-13-09, 07:02 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: When In Rome 2010 Dir: Mark Steven Johnson, Kristen Bell, Josh Duhamel. Rom Com

Kristen Bell being unlucky in love? I already cannot believe it. Good cast, though.
Old 09-13-09, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
Re: When In Rome 2010 Dir: Mark Steven Johnson, Kristen Bell, Josh Duhamel. Rom Com

"From the director of Daredevil and Ghost Rider..."

I understand he is a hack, but this seems like a reverse of the ordinary. Most of the time the hired gun director makes stuff like this first then gets to tackle a big-budget franchise.
Old 09-13-09, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

kristen bell? sold. though from the looks of it, it'll be a rental at best.

hearing kristen bell do narration made me miss veronica mars even more....
Old 09-13-09, 07:55 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

pass.....

also that's some crap green screen....

Last edited by Solid Snake; 09-13-09 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09-13-09, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
kristen bell? sold. though from the looks of it, it'll be a rental at best.

hearing kristen bell do narration made me miss veronica mars even more....
Agreed. It made me miss Veronica Mars too.

This looks bad but I may rent it... Mark Steven Johnson is not a director I enjoy.
Old 09-13-09, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

not to bring him into it, but the movie is rated PG-13 for some suggestive content
Old 09-16-09, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,073 Likes on 773 Posts

I'm Ron Burgundy, and I don't understand the title of this movie
Old 09-16-09, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's directed by the guy who did Daredevil and Ghost Rider, it comes out in January and the trailer advertises the soundtrack. Sounds like a stinker to me. Plus, I find it hard to believe that a woman who looks like Kristen Bell can't find right guy. Riiiggghhhhttt.

Last edited by zekeburger1979; 09-16-09 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-10-10, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
It's directed by the guy who did Daredevil and Ghost Rider, it comes out in January and the trailer advertises the soundtrack. Sounds like a stinker to me. Plus, I find it hard to believe that a woman who looks like Kristen Bell can't find right guy. Riiiggghhhhttt.
Yea, but if they would have cast a fairly "unattractive" actress in this movie would you want to go see it? I am excited Kristen Bell and Josh Duhamel are the leads. By the trailer I thought they made her seem like a "workaholic" who didn't have time for relationships. Plus, I think it looks funny with Josh Heder and Dax Shepard in the supporting cast too. Just my opinion..
Old 01-10-10, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 680 Likes on 419 Posts

I can't wait to see all the colorful outfits.

OK but seriously, Mark Steven Johnson? I don't mind him doing shit like this if he promises never to do another superhero project again.
Old 01-11-10, 01:26 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
OK but seriously, Mark Steven Johnson? I don't mind him doing shit like this if he promises never to do another superhero project again.
If you had the power to do so, I'd buy you a beer should we ever meet.
Old 01-11-10, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

______________ is a young, successful ___________ ... but she's completely unlucky in love. However, when she travels to ___________ to see her newlywed ________, she _________________________, and is then aggressively pursued by a band of wannabe lovers.
Old 01-11-10, 02:46 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Dooku

I'm Ron Burgundy, and I don't understand the title of this movie
Keep trying. You'll figure it out.
Old 01-11-10, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

found this pretty funny on the imdb "buzz" for the movie

THE BUZZ: Spotted: Kristen Bell trying the Amy Adams approach to mainstream success, embracing a Disney-fied take on romance in NYC. What will Upper East Siders have to say about this, as well as Bell's rabid cult audience? Her fortune is shining in the Eternal City, though it's unlikely she'll ever head back to Neptune, CA for the once-promising "Veronica Mars" movie. In fact, I feel like this fantasy comedy mirrors Ms. Bell's career, since she's found luck on TV with as a guest star on "Heroes" and the titular narrator of "Gossip Girl", but she has yet to find a big-screen vehicle for her considerable success. Something tells me she might have pitched a coin or two when the cameras weren't rolling."
Old 01-11-10, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i know this movie will suck but hopefully we can at least get kristen a slot as host of SNL
Old 01-11-10, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 680 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
i know this movie will suck but hopefully we can at least get kristen a slot as host of SNL
SNL? This is a GOOD thing?

I'd rather see her in one great movie than host SNL a dozen times.
Old 01-11-10, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Who are the fans of Kristen Bell - just the Veronica Mars fans? I don't get her.
Old 01-11-10, 05:57 PM

i like her.

she's not the greatest actor or the prettiest. i just find her cute.
Old 01-12-10, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

Yeah, I'm a fan of Bell but nothing about this movie looks remotely good.

Originally Posted by toddly6666
Who are the fans of Kristen Bell - just the Veronica Mars fans? I don't get her.
Then you obviously haven't watched Veronica Mars. I would have posted the same thing a couple years ago before I bought the dvds and devoured them all in record time. She's also very entertaining on Craig Ferguson. Despite being very attractive she comes across as the girl-next-door and one-of-the-guys. Someone you could have a brew with.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 01-12-10 at 01:16 AM.
Old 01-12-10, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

You haven't been out in the real world very much have you?
Old 01-12-10, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 74 Likes on 57 Posts

She'll probably coast on that reputation until she dies, regardless of how shitty her movies end up being.
Old 01-12-10, 06:14 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I don't get the love either. She's a terrible actress.
Old 01-12-10, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
I don't get the love either. She's a terrible actress.
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WejZAsy1Ogw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WejZAsy1Ogw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

If you don't fall in love with her after watching this, you have a vast, empty wasteland of a soul.
Old 01-12-10, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,073 Likes on 773 Posts

Don't leave people hanging! Here's the teased magic trick:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cA-R65oNSCA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cA-R65oNSCA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.