Search this Thread

Old 08-25-09, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Rescue Me -- "Jump" -- 8/25/09

Rescue Me

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Tommy tends bar to relieve tension after a failed rescue attempt puts the guys down in the dumps. Meanwhile, Franco steps into the ring against one of Carla's friends.

Next week is the season finale.
Old 08-26-09, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Re: Rescue Me -- "Jump" -- 8/25/09

Like clockwork, when this show gets board with itself, it kills off a character.
Old 08-26-09, 03:30 AM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On one hand, I'm kinda annoyed that they've resorted to the same "let's kill someone to create new drama" contrivance yet again.

On the other hand, I'm just glad it's not a character I care that much about. I was actually worried when the scene started (you could tell by the "let's focus on the characters' banal interactions/activities so it will be a surprise!" way it was shot that it was coming - they did the same thing with Tommy's brother and the Chief) that possibly Candy was going come in and shoot Lou or something.
Old 08-26-09, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Shooting Lou wouldve been wild. On the other hand, I just dont see the point of the new chick, when we still have Sheila and Janet to deal with. Is next weeks episode longer?

Im still wondering what the big twist will be. I wonder if the bar will be investigated/shut down since its ran under the table.
Old 08-26-09, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts

It was such a fun show all season and then they go and do that. At least it wasn't an important/funny character.
Old 08-26-09, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"

I am in the minority. The show finally got back to non-Tommy drama this season, which was nice for a change. But there is a formula to it all too, and that does get a little tedious.

Far better than last season and I am looking forward to next (and I hope it is the last, I read rumors of a 7th, but I am not sure how much this show has left).
Old 08-26-09, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Really disliked this episode. The thing with Lou and the girl seemed WAY too abrupt. Everyone seemed to know it wasn't going to end well for him, that something was up, but he had to wait until after they were married to look into her? And she married him why? To change her name and hide her loot, or...? Just didn't like it, (and also don't care about Teddy's lush wife getting into a wreck).

The only thing I think would be cool: Tommy dumps Sheila and Janet for good and hooks up with the new chick for the long term.
Old 08-26-09, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts

Originally Posted by uteotw
Really disliked this episode. The thing with Lou and the girl seemed WAY too abrupt. Everyone seemed to know it wasn't going to end well for him, that something was up, but he had to wait until after they were married to look into her? And she married him why? To change her name and hide her loot, or...? Just didn't like it, (and also don't care about Teddy's lush wife getting into a wreck).

I didn't understand what her motivation was either.

I figure he had already looked into her before they were married and didn't want to let anything out.
Old 08-26-09, 09:03 PM

As far as Lou is concerned, she took him for $27K, which was what she could get at the time. The $250,000 that she took from the guy in Florida may have taken a lot longer and who knows what she told him. She could have been married dozens of times with fake ID. Even if she really did love him, she is bad news and he would never be able to trust her.
Teddys wife was a: wearing a seatbelt and b: hit from the passenger side. The car was spun around but the drivers area was untouched. If she is dead I will be surprised. But then again, I thought Franco was going to end up fighting his girlfriend. Maybe that was the irony of the last phone call.
Old 08-27-09, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by dadeus1
As far as Lou is concerned, she took him for $27K, which was what she could get at the time. The $250,000 that she took from the guy in Florida may have taken a lot longer and who knows what she told him. She could have been married dozens of times with fake ID. Even if she really did love him, she is bad news and he would never be able to trust her.
Teddys wife was a: wearing a seatbelt and b: hit from the passenger side. The car was spun around but the drivers area was untouched. If she is dead I will be surprised. But then again, I thought Franco was going to end up fighting his girlfriend. Maybe that was the irony of the last phone call.
Not a bad first post.
Old 08-27-09, 09:27 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm smelling an allegory. Tommy looked like Satan in the bar when he scanned all the relatives he'd persuaded to start drinking again -- an effect highlighted since he was smoking.
Old 08-27-09, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Next season will be the final season of Rescue Me. They are producing 19 episodes and will stretch it over 2010 and 2011 to finish in time for the 10th Anniversary of 9/11

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Rescue-Me-End-1009292.aspx
Old 08-28-09, 10:40 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Has anyone noticed the black Sleeve (splint?) on Jimmy's finger? I always wondered if that had some kind of story significance, or just that the actor has a broken finger?

Thos.
Old 08-28-09, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

/\ I may be remembering incorrectly, but I think that all that they found of Jimmy's body was his finger, thus the blacked out digit on his hand.
Old 08-28-09, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
/\ I may be remembering incorrectly, but I think that all that they found of Jimmy's body was his finger, thus the blacked out digit on his hand.
Correct, it is mentioned in the first episode.
Old 08-28-09, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Like clockwork, when this show gets board with itself, it kills off a character.
to be fair, she's a worthless addition to the show. she won't be missed. while they continue to do it on the show, it think it's a pretty good representation of what happens to people's lives when they live like the gavin clan does.
Old 08-28-09, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I can see it now, final episode of next season we find out Tommy hasnt been hallucinating all this time and he has actually been talking to Jimmy.
Old 08-28-09, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When they first showed her in the car, I really thought it would end with her killing someone. That would have been a better plotline for this show, especially after what happened to Conner. To be on the other side of an incident like that..
Old 08-28-09, 11:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJariya
Next season will be the final season of Rescue Me. They are producing 19 episodes and will stretch it over 2010 and 2011 to finish in time for the 10th Anniversary of 9/11

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Rescue-Me-End-1009292.aspx
This makes me very very sad considering this is one of my favorite shows on television.
But it did have a great run and more than I could have reasonably asked for after what happened with the Job.
I will miss this show but it had a great run .
Old 08-29-09, 11:17 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Ahhhh...I remember, now. Many thanks.

Thos.