Policenauts English Fan Translation Completed

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-25-09, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/24/ko...le-in-english/

I had honestly given up on this one ever happening, but they finally completed a full English translation of Kojima's Policenauts the sort of sequel to Snatcher which did get a US release on Sega CD.

This is just a patch and you must own a copy of the Japanese Playstation game which thankfully I do.

Of course actually playing it is not going to be easy and certainly not something we can talk about here. I will say I'm looking into a portable avenue.

Really though I wish all this interest would get some publisher out there to finally grab Snatcher and Policenauts from Konami and give them a proper US release in some form whether on disc or as downloads.
Old 08-25-09, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Policenauts English Fan Translation Completed

Never heard of it.
Old 08-25-09, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Snatcher was just "okay". The story is great, but the production values are weak and the gameplay just plain sucks. I'd still recommend getting it because of the great story and atmosphere. It's pretty much the only reason to own a Sega CD.
Old 08-25-09, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Superboy
Snatcher was just "okay". The story is great, but the production values are weak and the gameplay just plain sucks. I'd still recommend getting it because of the great story and atmosphere. It's pretty much the only reason to own a Sega CD.
I liked the gameplay, but granted this was mid 90s when point and click adventure games were the rage so getting to play one with this wacky story and the light gun sequences won me over. I'm definitely looking back at it with nostalgia blinding me a bit. Still one of my all time favorite games. I've probably played through Snatcher 20 times and still play it once a year for old times sake.

The Sega CD did have a couple of more games worth owning if you had the system IMO. Shining Force CD, Sonic CD, Lunar I&II, The Adventures of Batman and Robin and even a decent version of Jurassic Park.