Search this Thread

Old 08-11-09, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Warehouse 13 -- "Burnout" -- 8/11/09

Warehouse 13

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

A deceased agent's unfinished mission to find an artifact is passed on to Pete and Myka.

Not my favorite, but I like it alot and I think it's finding it's footing.
Old 08-11-09, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Re: Warehouse 13 -- "Burnout" -- 8/11/09

The pacing on this episode was much faster. In fact, I think as the season goes on so does the plot momentum.

It was a much better episode that helped establish a stronger history of the warehouse. The ending was bittersweet though with the
Spoiler:
discovery of the ring and then Rebecca telling Myka to leave the warehouse.
Old 08-13-09, 06:57 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I begrudgingly stayed with the show, and it finally paid off with this episode... emachine is correct, the pacing was much better, that character relationships are really starting to fall into place... loved this episode.
Old 08-13-09, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll agree that this is the best episode to date. The addition of Claudia definitely helped. Now there is a reason to show what's going on "back at the warehouse" where we can see Claudia and Artie bumping heads to find a way to interpret what Peter and Myka are witnessing in the field. Much better dynamic.

Also that whole, "save the agent's room" device was both cool and really creepy.
Old 08-13-09, 04:45 PM

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

I guess you had to take the journey to appreciate the arrival. It's only the 2nd episode I've seen and they seemed to take the most illogical and roundabout way to get conclusions. I hate the "loveplay" between the leads which doesn't help.

Spoiler:
They don't have a list of agents who disappeared in St. Louis? That would seem a lot easier than creating a hologram and jumping to the conclusion that a circle in a tattoo means the agent was a Marine.

Said list should include the missing agents partner/handler so you wouldn't ignore a witness who is an agent.......especially when the witness is practically screaming "I have something important to tell you."

While instead rushing off to an investigation when you have nothing to add except to notice a police chief who can't fathom that his missing gang task leader with anger management problems might possibly have something to do with a dozen fried gang members.

Then at the end a supposedly trained agent looks on with doe eyes, unable to help her dying partner. Instead an old lady hooks up the electrodes, invalidates a "contract to the end", and crushes an invincible monster with the heel of a fire extinguisher.
Old 08-13-09, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to agree with DeFan, the show is pretty bad. I don't see any improvement. It isn't the actors, its the writing. I thought the first 3/4 crawled and the end was not up to previous endings. The flirting between the leads would only really work if either was in another relationship. Otherwise they should just knock boots. I bet they introduce a significant into the mix very soon.

But its summer fodder so I don't mind. If something better was on TV .... ok I would probably still watch it.
Old 08-13-09, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DeFan...

You obviously missed an important character flaw:

Myka already lost a fellow agent and her boyfriend in a previous assignment. While she doesn't have clear feelings for Pete, the fact remains that she does not want to feel responsible for the death of another agent she works with.

The writers interwinded Artie and Myka's history with Artie also feeling the burdern of guilt by losing someone he was supposed to protect and also cared about.

As for the list of Warehouse agents...

If you want to keep a secret, you don't keep it a secret by leaving notes everywhere. Myka and Pete are still listed as Secret Service agents transferred to another non-existent division. Hence, the reason why when an agent leaves any personal effects left by the agent are stored in the warehouse. Should anything happen to Myka or Pete, they would have died as Secret Service with no ties to the warehouse.
Old 08-14-09, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Really liked this episode alot. Definitely the best of the season so far.

Agree with emachine that there is a stronger backstory with the Warehouse. And Claudia is a good addition to the show.

Myka and Pete are developing good chemistry as partners.
Old 08-15-09, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Wow I just had to check for myself. I've seen every episode of this trainwreck and I think I'm done. Every single time I watch it I care less and less and less..it's almost painful to watch.
Old 08-15-09, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made it through two episodes of this series before stopping.

USA does have some great series (Burn Notice, Pscyh, and more recently Royal Pains is also becoming good), but I'm just not feeling the Warehouse 13 love.
Old 08-15-09, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is not a USA series...

Its a SyFy series that NBC/Universal has been airing on every NBC/Universal owned channel. They did the same thing with Royal Pains, America's Got Talent, The Philanthrophist, and In Plain Sight.
Old 08-16-09, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh. Well then... Battlestar Galactica was a kick-ass series. Warehouse 13, you are no Battlestar Galatica.
Old 08-16-09, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk God

I think this is a show that you will either like or grow to like or as the last few comments have indicated really hate.

But, I don't know what type of series these guys were expecting. If your comparing this to a Battlestar Galactica (which is a totally unfair comparison) your really comparing apples and oranges. Totally different sci-fi genres. This series as mentioned previously has more of a quirky tone similar to Eureka with little tiny bits of X-Files.
Old 08-16-09, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^
Sorry DJ but this series has about as much to do with science fiction as a turnip. There is zero, nil, zip science content -- all the artifacts are based on mindless idiocy.

I was really hoping this show would borrow heavily from Indiana Jones but nope, nothing even remotely close. Sorry, but this show is just too boring and silly -- I'm done.

But I really like the new girl -- Claudia? There's something very intriguing about her. Hope we get to see her in something decent soon.
Old 08-17-09, 04:31 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Claudia is an obvious attempt at capitalizing on the Veronica Mars fanbase.
Old 08-17-09, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Claudia is an obvious attempt at capitalizing on the Veronica Mars fanbase.
Yeah, all twelve of us.
Old 08-17-09, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Make that 13 of us. It really amazes me how god awful this show really is, it's the worst Genre show I can remember in recent years. This really is bottom of the barrel tv.
Old 08-19-09, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by hdtv00
Make that 13 of us. It really amazes me how god awful this show really is, it's the worst Genre show I can remember in recent years. This really is bottom of the barrel tv.
You gotta be lyin' there; Do you not remember Flash Gordon?