Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Ordering from DVDAsian.com

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-09, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

How good is DVDAsian.com with updating their inventory?

I ordered the Infernal Affairs Blu-Ray set the other day but realized the page didn't have the availability. Noticed that the mention of availability widely ranges on their site. Sometimes it shows availability and sometimes it doesn't.

Also would like to mention this is my first order with them.
Old 08-07-09, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Ordering from DVDAsian.com

I don't know about their inventory process but I have ordered from them before and have not had any problems with getting my order. They tend to be a tad bit expensive for me in general but I consider them to be a reliable retailer.
Old 08-07-09, 09:01 PM
Banned

Personally I prefer Yesasia but I have ordered from DVDAsian before and it was a fairly positive experience.
Old 08-08-09, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the response guys!

I emailed them out of curiosity. The set is Out Of Stock but was told it was In Transit for restock, which will take about 6-7 days.

Wish they would have availability shown on all their items
Old 08-08-09, 01:11 PM

i used to order from them a long time ago but almost every order that i made with them would turn up as out of stock. this was only after not receiving any news on my item for about a week and then only after a email, would i hear back about the not in stock items. i'd usually cancel the order and go to yesasia. hopefully they have cleaned up their act because i used to order with them all of the time when they first went into business, but stopped after the in or out of stock issues.
Old 08-10-09, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dyerjp
i used to order from them a long time ago but almost every order that i made with them would turn up as out of stock. this was only after not receiving any news on my item for about a week and then only after a email, would i hear back about the not in stock items. i'd usually cancel the order and go to yesasia. hopefully they have cleaned up their act because i used to order with them all of the time when they first went into business, but stopped after the in or out of stock issues.
Sort of what is happening with me now on the Infernal Affairs Blu-Ray set.

If I don't get word by the end of the week, I'll probably just cancel my order. Running an online store without updating your availability (or showing it) to your customers is just a little silly.
Old 08-10-09, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dyerjp
This was pretty much my experience too. I found that a few years back they even stopped posting the status of DVDs on the site probably to avoid complaints about stuff not being in stock. I remember I had to add the titles to my cart and start the checkout process before finding out the real status of the DVDs I wanted.

Shipping was comparable to YesAsia - I believe it was 35 and over ships free. The one thing that used to be good about DVDAsian was their selection - they had some dead stock on unusual titles (mainly Singaporean) that you just couldn't find conveniently anywhere else. And since they are located in California, you could get a human to answer your question.

That said, I remember there was a problem with a reimbursement I had with them once and it got fairly serious. I haven't ordered from them since - nowadays, there are so many other alternatives, I don't miss them.
Old 08-11-09, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

DVDAsian.com went ahead and canceled my order. They went from saying they should get the set within 6-7 days to an now unknown date.

How long does it take for a canceled order to be refunded to your account?
Old 08-12-09, 12:46 PM

it took a few days to repost to my account. i went back to yesasia after the problems that i would have with dvdasian. if it was a korean film, i'd use yeondvd.com, but she stopped selling the movies as far as i know.
Old 08-14-09, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the heads up.

Sort of disappointed with my first attempted order with DVDAsian. Had known about them for years but wasn't expecting something like this.

Waiting for my refund to come back so I can put it towards my trip to Seattle next month.