Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Man V. Food: 2nd Season

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-09, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Man V. Food: 2nd Season

So who watched the premiere last night? I'm so glad the show is back.

I've never seen him take a bite of something and sit for 6 minutes before taking a 2nd bite. I've also never seen him say something was terrible, although, I know he was just talking about how bad the pain was. I really didn't think he was going to finish that burger, so I was impressed when he did.

The cinnamon roll and pizza looked good too. I prefer my pizza without all the veggies though, so I would have to try it with the meat only.
Old 08-06-09, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Re: Man V. Food: 2nd Season

I was impressed that Adam was able to down that spicy pepper burger in the season premiere last night. After that first bite, I didn't think he could do another.

Those cinnamon rolls were insane. I can't imagine ordering that, even with 3 other people.
Old 08-06-09, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figure that was probably his hardest success, he was certainly runnning out of time.

Last weekend, Mrs. Tsar Chasm and I went to Salvador Mollys for lunch, some guy was trying the habenero fritter challenge from last year. He didn't make it. Said it was the hottest thing he'd ever eaten. On the wall was the picture of some guy that ate 33 of them. I bet he was crapping pure fire the next morning.
Old 08-06-09, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsar Chasm
Last weekend, Mrs. Tsar Chasm and I went to Salvador Mollys for lunch, some guy was trying the habenero fritter challenge from last year. He didn't make it. Said it was the hottest thing he'd ever eaten. On the wall was the picture of some guy that ate 33 of them. I bet he was crapping pure fire the next morning.
I like a little spice in my food, but I truly think such people are truly insane. The volume challenges aren't as big a deal, since you can always hurl afterwards and be done with it. Like you said, it's not only the pain going in, but the pain going out.

At least Adam gets paid to do it so he's not quite as insane.
Old 08-06-09, 08:59 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

My wife and I want to go get one of the those Cinnamon Rolls and the next time we get downtown we will.

... but if I go to Bucky's, I'm just going to get a normal burger. Those looked good too.
Old 08-06-09, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

That burger looked absolutley brutal!
Old 08-06-09, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 422 Likes on 305 Posts

Adam really needs to bring MvF to Kansas City.
Old 08-06-09, 09:31 AM

I love this show.
Old 08-06-09, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsar Chasm
...I bet he was crapping pure fire the next morning.
That's the part that always worries me. It's not the eating that would make me afraid, it's what happens once you leave the table that would make me hesitate with most of these challenges. But that's when the show ends. I once ate some insanely hot salsa in Mexico and had no trouble eating it at all, but hours later during that night rolled over in my sleep and it woke me up like a gunshot to the stomach.
Old 08-06-09, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
That's the part that always worries me. It's not the eating that would make me afraid, it's what happens once you leave the table that would make me hesitate with most of these challenges. But that's when the show ends. I once ate some insanely hot salsa in Mexico and had no trouble eating it at all, but hours later during that night rolled over in my sleep and it woke me up like a gunshot to the stomach.
Well, the show is Man V. Food, Not Man V. Crapper.

Though that might not be a bad idea for a new show...
Old 08-06-09, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I DVR'd it but for some reason it stopped recording after 8 minutes.
Old 08-06-09, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think, especially for the spicy challenges, he loads up on Pepto and or milk before he eats to try and coat his stomach, at least a little bit.

I wonder about his mouth as well. Anything that requires gloves to even handle would probably cause burns in his mouth.
Old 08-06-09, 11:22 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

i love this show too

Man there are some places with ridiculous helpings of food

Those giant cinamon buns were insane ! they would only be edible fresh though
Old 08-07-09, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When I worked in downtown San Antonio we used to go to Lulu's at least once a week for their incredible chicken fried steak.

It's like $7 on weekdays for a steak as big as your head with mashed potatoes, green beans, and a roll. They also have some killer burgers including a double decker with fresh avocado and bacon, yuuuum.

That said, the place should be shut down because the dining room is sickeningly dirty and I would never enter their bathroom. But the food makes up for that, lol.

Never tried one of their cinnamon buns but I always stared at them in shock. Supposedly they have a "nugget" of cinnamon and butter in the very middle that afficionados pull out and eat first, at least according to the menu.

Any Austinites ever notice the frequency he wears his Amy's Ice Creams t-shirt? (it's the black one with red writing) Mainly because it's awesome, lol. I swear with the amount of shows he dedicates to Texas (3 shows now?) it's hard to imagine he's a New Yorker.
Old 08-07-09, 08:43 AM

I'm really surprised that Adam even made it through the challenge. You could tell when he paused after the first bite he was in a lot of pain. I can't even imagine the damage that's been inflicted on his insides from those chili peppers. And btw, what the hell is a ghost chili? I never even heard of it before, well besides the one other time in the Boston episode of MvF at that restaurant that had Hell Week.
Old 08-12-09, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We decided to go to Chunky's last night. The place was a lot smaller than I had pictured, a bit of a dive. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing!

Anyway, I had the avocado burger which was delicious. No way would I have the stones to try that horseman. Anyway, these 2 dudes came in and each ordered the four horseman burgers. ($15.99 per order mind you.)

Poor guys got thru one bite each! I could feel their pain as I watched as sweat was pouring down their faces! I asked them how it was, and they just said, "This burger is just unedible."
Old 08-12-09, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Blu Man
I DVR'd it but for some reason it stopped recording after 8 minutes.
Mine stopped after 4 minutes...DAMN YOU COMCAST!!! This is my first use of the DVR, and it failed me.

Originally Posted by Lurker Gal
And btw, what the hell is a ghost chili? I never even heard of it before, well besides the one other time in the Boston episode of MvF at that restaurant that had Hell Week.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naga_Jolokia_pepper
Old 08-12-09, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Adam really needs to bring MvF to Kansas City.
He'll probably make it there this season.
Old 08-12-09, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by cliffzig
We decided to go to Chunky's last night. The place was a lot smaller than I had pictured, a bit of a dive. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing!

Anyway, I had the avocado burger which was delicious. No way would I have the stones to try that horseman. Anyway, these 2 dudes came in and each ordered the four horseman burgers. ($15.99 per order mind you.)

Poor guys got thru one bite each! I could feel their pain as I watched as sweat was pouring down their faces! I asked them how it was, and they just said, "This burger is just unedible."
Wait, that burger costs $16???? Is that the regular price for their burgers? Ive never been but Im not paying that retarded ass price!

Was the place packed? I hate when these damn shows come to town. Than they get packed with morons who think these places are 'special' It ruined a place I liked to go to. It wasnt the best food, but not worth standing in lines for now.
Old 08-12-09, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I missed the 10pm showing of the Vegas episode, so my DVR is set to record the rerun at 2am. Maybe I'll stay up to watch it. My girlfriend and I love this show.

These are the places he's going this season:

* San Antonio, TX
* Las Vegas, NV
* Charleston, SC (premieres August 19)
* San Francisco, CA (premieres August 26)
* Durham, NC (premieres September 2)
* Honolulu, HI (premieres September 9)
* Sarasota, FL (premieres September 16)
* Philadelphia, PA (premieres September 23)
* Baseball Special (premieres September 30)
* Springfield, IL (premieres October 7)
* Boise, ID (premieres October 14)
* Washington, DC (premieres October 21)
* Baltimore, MD (premieres October 28)
* Detroit, MI (premieres November 4)
* Brooklyn, NY (premieres November 11)
* Anchorage, AK (premieres November 18)
* Little Rock, AR (premieres November 25)
* Tucson, AZ (premieres December 2)
* New Jersey (premieres December 9)
And here's the description for next week in Charleston, SC:
Adam travels to Charleston, SC, for a big serving of Southern charm and Lowcountry cuisine, including oysters served by the shovel, a fried chicken sandwich smothered in sausage gravy and a spicy tuna sushi challenge.
Oysters served by the shovel??? Bring it on!
Old 08-13-09, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Wait, that burger costs $16???? Is that the regular price for their burgers? Ive never been but Im not paying that retarded ass price!

Was the place packed? I hate when these damn shows come to town. Than they get packed with morons who think these places are 'special' It ruined a place I liked to go to. It wasnt the best food, but not worth standing in lines for now.
Most of the burgers are in the $4-$6 range. I asked the owner why the Horseman was so much, he said it's the Ghost Chile. Says those run $75/pound.

The place wasn't packed, and there were only about 12 tables inside. We went on a Tuesday at 6pm and there were 2 open tables.
Old 08-13-09, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I almost thought he was going to pull off eating that burrito. When I saw how big it was, I figured there was no chance, but he put up a good fight.

How big was the burrito from the first season that Joey Chestnut ate?
Old 08-13-09, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by collven
How big was the burrito from the first season that Joey Chestnut ate?
Just watched that one the other day - 17 inches long and 5 1/4 pounds.
Old 08-13-09, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Supposedly my wife's friend will be in the Durham NC one. She's a bellydancer, so if there's a brunette belly dancer in it, that's her (Andy).
Old 08-13-09, 07:44 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

man that fried chicken benedict was interesting

shows there are some great food places off strip

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.