Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone here from SPAIN?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Anyone here from SPAIN?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-09, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone here from SPAIN?

Anyone here from Spain, who'd be willing to get hold of some Spanish DVDs for me? I live in the UK, and ham having a devil of a time getting hold of them. DVDGO's site has been down/throwing up errors when you try and order for weeks. I found another store that has them, but trying to get them to send them internationally is a pain; they claim to do it, but they have to fix orders manually. They only speak Spanish, and I only speak English
Old 07-25-09, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Anyone here from SPAIN?

have you tried elcorteingles.com or fnac.es? i haven't tried from dvdgo in over a year so i'm not sure what kind of problems you've been having.

Last edited by BuddhaWake; 07-25-09 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-25-09, 01:00 PM

Yes, neither of those has the titles I want.

DVDGO seems to have changed hands, it;s really awful. The website is often slow or down, and you can't order anything anyway, because when you complete the payment screen and click "place order" you just get an error page. They seem to be ignoring emails too.

I'd gone onto a couple of Spanish forums using BabelFish, and there are lots of complaints about them - even people who have managed to put in orders wait ages, get the wrong stuff, the stock indicators say things are in stock when they aren't, etc.

It really seems to have gone down the toilet.
Old 07-25-09, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Nebiroth
Anyone here from Spain, who'd be willing to get hold of some Spanish DVDs for me? I live in the UK, and ham having a devil of a time getting hold of them. DVDGO's site has been down/throwing up errors when you try and order for weeks. I found another store that has them, but trying to get them to send them internationally is a pain; they claim to do it, but they have to fix orders manually. They only speak Spanish, and I only speak English
Here's a link to STARSCAFE.com which is situated in Spain. They are English friendly and their prices are fairly reasonable (they have a big sale right now). They do ship to the U.K. I live in the USA and they're always come through for me. http://www.starscafe.com/en/peliculas/rebajas.aspx

Last edited by TheDoug; 07-25-09 at 07:30 PM. Reason: editing
Old 07-25-09, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i've ordered from another website in spain but i can never remember, if I can remember it I will post. as for dvdgo i don't know whats going on but i haven't ordered anything since they started asking for fax/email of your credit card statement. from other places it doesn't bother me if is status quo but what bothered me is that they never did before and all of a sudden they wanted it. I asked them about it and they never replied so whatever. I'm a native spanish speaker so its not like there was something lost in translation.
Old 07-26-09, 03:59 AM

Sadly StarsCafe don;t have the ones I want either.

I've ordered what I want from a store called MoviesDistribucion, but am having trouble - they say they ship outside of Spain, but the "Country" part of the address, you just type in. That means their system doesn't know about foreign countries as such (as it would if it was a dropdown choice). From what I hear they add the shipping cost manually, and you have to reconfirm payment for the increased order price.

My order has sat for a while, I emailed them, but no reply...and they only speak Spanish, I only speak English (I tried phoning them the poor woman probably thought it was a stalker or somethingLOL)

And in fact their whole site in only in Spanish...thankyou BabelFish!

The sad thing I I emailed them before ordering asking if they could sen ddvd's to england, and they replied very quickly (albeit, in Spanish) saying they couldn't tell me what the shipping would be, until they knew what I was ordering as they do it by weight.

Which encouraged me to order from them.

Also, is it me, or does Spain seem to partly close down for the summer? Loads of places only open for half the day apparently!

Luckily I have found a person in Spain who might be willing to help out...

Sheesh, and I thought I had trouble getting hold of those Best Buy Exclusives!

(I live in England, by the way)

Last edited by Nebiroth; 07-26-09 at 04:10 AM.
Old 07-26-09, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think most of spain shuts down for the summer or at least it was notoriously like that. I think is that it gets too hut and many people vacation in summer. well if you need any help let me know. I'm in the US but I could help if you need an email translated or whatever.
Old 07-26-09, 09:21 AM

Thanks.
Old 07-27-09, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

not that I remembered but I got their email newsletter but the other place I've ordered from is www.tipo.com.
Old 07-27-09, 11:32 AM

Thanks....no luck there either I'm afraid. Their DVD selection is very small.
Old 07-29-09, 09:35 AM

Luckily I found a friend in Spain to help out. MoviesDistribucion should send overseas, but they are being hopeless right now even after my friend phoned them to find out what is happening.

Luckily, he also contacted the studio that issues the discs, and they are able to seel them direct to overseas customers. And they speak English.
Old 07-29-09, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

so now the question is, what are these movies that make you go through all this hastle? and who is the distributor?
Old 07-29-09, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by BuddhaWake
so now the question is, what are these movies that make you go through all this hastle? and who is the distributor?
Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. Are these Italian films or other films from other countries but formatted in in this region?
Old 07-29-09, 03:14 PM

They are old horror movies and they are issued by L'Atelier13, which, weirdly enough, means Workshop13...in French!

The films aren;t Spanish, they are American, but this is the only release of them...at least so far...
Old 07-29-09, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Nebiroth
They are old horror movies and they are issued by L'Atelier13, which, weirdly enough, means Workshop13...in French!

The films aren;t Spanish, they are American, but this is the only release of them...at least so far...
Nebiroth, interesting webpage that explains it all here, (in Spanish):

http://latelier13.es/

I'm surprised these don't show up on Ebay!
Old 07-30-09, 03:53 AM

They do!