Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

Several DVDs for free - you just pay the postage!

DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Old 07-22-09, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts

Hi!
I've got several DVDs & DVD Sets which were defective and which Amazon.com replaced without requiring me to return the defective package because I live in Japan and the shipping costs would be prohibitive.

You can have any of these packages or discs merely for agreeing to pay the postage plus $2 for my trouble of wrapping and walking to the Post Office.

1. Bullitt - have a duplicate because I bought a Steve McQueen Set which also had this - not defective, but snapper case has been replaced with an Amray Case.
2. Papillon - same as above.
3. The Simpsons - The Complete Second Season - it has two 2 or 3 second stutters on only one disc. (GONE)
4. Friends - Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4. One of the seasons (only one, but I don't remember which one) has one defective disc. You can request any or all seasons.
Friends Season 4 - GONE
5. Rambo Collector's Pack (The first 3 movies) - replaced with the 4 movie collector's pack - not defective!
6. Cowboy Bebop - the 4th Session - not defective, but I bought the entire series at a later date and therefore ended up with 2 of this one.
7. Jamie Oliver - Oliver's Twist 2 - defective, but I don't remember exactly what the defect is.
8. Woodstock - 3 Days of Peace and Music - the Amazon.com exclusive set # 077094/140,000 - stops for about 1 second in 2 different places during Disc 1.
9. Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix - I don't remember the defect.
10. Pirates of the Caribbean #2 (Dead Man's Chest). I don't remember the defect.
11. Around the World In 80 Days - don't remember the defect.
12. Sopranos - Season 1 - no defects, replaced with the Complete Series set. Has been repackaged into 4 disc Amray Case with Custom Cover Art from r1db.com.
13. Gilligan's Island - The Complete First Season - unopened. Why? I don't remember, anyway I have a duplicate of it. GONE
14. James Bond 007 - Die Another Day - not defective, but replaced when I bought the complete collection.
15. James Bond 007 - Licence To Kill - same as above.
16. James Bond 007 - Goldfinger - same as above.
17. James Bond 007 - Thunderball - same as above.
18. James Bond 007 - Live And Let Die - same as above.
19. James Bond 007 - Goldeneye - same as above.
20. James Bond 007 - Tomorrow Never Dies - same as above.
21. James Bond 007 - For Your Eyes Only - same as above.

If interested please let me know.

danwiz

Last edited by danwiz; 07-24-09 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-22-09, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Several DVDs for free - you just pay the postage!

Ygm
Old 07-22-09, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

Sent you a PM, OP.
Old 07-23-09, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Okay, postage from Japan is NOT CHEAP. Think twice before you PM me asking for several titles.

The rate for the Rambo 3-pack and Gilligan's Island would be about $17.00 plus the $2 for my trouble.

Postage for a package like ALL of the James Bond's + Woodstock + Cowboy Bebop would be about $51 + the $2 for my trouble.

Here are some more precise examples AIR MAIL:
600 g = $17.81 + $2
700 g = $19.72 + $2
800 g = $21.63 + $2
900 g = $23.54 + $2
1.0 kg = $25.45 + $2
1.25 kg = $29.69 + $2
1.5 kg = $33.93 + $2
1.75 kg = $38.17 + 2
2.0 kg = $42.42 + $2
2.5 kg = $49.84 + $2
3.0 kg = $57.26 + $2

Surface mail is about 1/2 the price of Air Mail, but would take up to several weeks to arrive.

There are 454 grams in a pound, so if you want to get an estimate for yourself, please go and put as many DVDs as you are asking for on your bathroom scales and use your calculator to convert to grams.

Then remember to add some weight for the size of the box I will need to use to ship the size package you are asking for.

I have many many PMs asking for DVDs. I went to the P.O. with 3 parcels, got the price estimates, PM'd the folks who wanted them and they suddenly did not want them any longer. I am still waiting to hear back from one person - but I highly suspect that he too will reject the price.

So, please check the weights add some more to allow for a cardboard box, think about that cost and ONLY THEN go ahead and PM me about this deal.

Thanks for your PM's so far and thanks too for taking heed of this latest information about shipping costs.

danwiz

Last edited by danwiz; 07-23-09 at 04:02 AM.
Old 07-23-09, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ygpm
Old 07-23-09, 06:20 PM

Received 1,889 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Shipping kills this deal.

Had to be the first to say it.

Still, this is a nice gesture by you.
Old 07-24-09, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Note that some items are now gone. The person who wanted them was willing to wait the 8 - 12 weeks for surface mail and it only cost him $14.65 for the 3 items which are now gone (Friends - Season 4, Gilligan's Island - Season 1 and Simpsons Season 2.
Old 07-24-09, 02:21 AM

I asked for like 12 titles if they were left & you told me $100 for shipping....??? That's INSANE (no offense) but I've bought stuff off Ebay before that came from somewhere in Asia and it was really cheap so Idk where they are getting their pricing. Why does surface mail take so long? In the US we have media mail which is our slowest for dvds & it only takes a week at the most usually though it's not traveling half across the world, but you know what I mean.

Also, forgot to ask: Are these all region 1 releases? Just wondering because region 3 or anything else won't usually work in any ordinary US dvd player.

Not trying to bitch about the shipping...I think it's a very nice gesture of you to offer this. Let me know, thanks
Old 07-24-09, 04:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

HorrorFan88 said: I would be interested in all of the Friends seasons as well as the Rambo pack and all the James Bond titles....if you have any of these left let me know and how much for shipping, thanks
Postage for that would be in excess of $100 I believe.

Still interested?
That's a joke right? You said it would be around $2 for a couple of them.....
danwiz said:If you are serious about wanting the Friends Seasons - only Seasons 1 - 3 are still available
The Rambo pack is still available and ALL of the Bond titles are still available.

For surface mail (8 - 12 weeks) that would probably set you back about $40 - $50. I said that each shipment would be +$2 over actual shipping costs for my trouble - nowhere did I say anything about $2 for a couple of them.

If interested - don't mess around with joking or I'll have to stop messing with this entirely - let me know.

danwiz
HorrorFan88 said: Sorry, I re-read the posting. I'm just not quite sure why it costs that much for the cheapest mailing option....you can buy stuff off of ebay from Asia and it won't cost you nearly that much. I'm not trying to waste your time nor am I joking around I was just hoping it would be around $15 or so to ship....I had no idea it would cost that much.
danwiz said: "Somewhere in Asia" is not Japan - this is a developed country, not Thailand or Hong Kong! And, I don't appreciate you saying on the DVD Exchange post that I quoted you $100 - I did not quote anybody $100!

All of the DVDs are R1 - from Amazon.com.

and now danwiz is saying - screw this. I am tired of the bullshit of running back & forth to the P.O. getting price estimates for people and then them telling me that the price is too high. I will not respond to any more PM's except from hindolio and from brotherwilliam3 letting me know that he has made payment to my PapPal account. So, don't even bother unless you are VERY SERIOUS and have read what I have written about postage costs CAREFULLY! I had no idea that trying to give away some DVDs could turn into such a pain in the ass. I'll just throw the rest of them in the garbage to clear out my closet space!!!!

Nice guys finish last!

Last edited by danwiz; 07-24-09 at 04:46 AM.
Old 07-24-09, 08:47 AM

Thanks danwiz!! I sent you payment just minutes ago. This was very generous and thoughtful of you! Thank you for your trouble. Danwiz is a grade-A awesome guy! I can't not say enough about him! Thanks Again!

On another note guys if you choose surface mail the prices are very reasonable. It was only $14.65 to ship three seasons halfway across the world! It may take a little while to get, but I believe it is worth it! I thought the shipping prices were extremely reasonable! ( I actaully thought it would be more, cause just last week it cost me $6 to mail a TV Season to California and I'm in the U.S!) - Thanks danwiz
Old 07-24-09, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Everything is now gone!
Thanks for your troubles!

danwiz
Old 07-25-09, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Let me repeat - EVERYTHING IS NOW GONE! I received 3 more PM's today after I posted the previous EVERYTHING IS GONE message

I say again --- EVERYTHING IS GONE!!!