Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

ninja turtles seasons question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-09, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ninja turtles seasons question

im trying to complete the 2003 foxkids series on dvd.

i have:

season 1, part 1
season 1, part 2
season 2, part 1
season 2, part 2

ninja tribunal (which i think is season 5 or 6)

fast forward - future shellshock (season 6-7?)
fast forward - the day of awakening ( season 6-7)

so im missing seasons 3, 4 and 7 i think, does anyone know anything about the releases of those dvds?

ive noticed there are lots of dvds with 3-5 episodes each on single 1-discs, do some of them make up what im missing, or have the dvds not been released in stores
Old 07-22-09, 10:13 PM
Banned

Re: ninja turtles seasons question

The only other "big release" you are missing is the "Season 4" release (that release is not really season 4, it is actually only the missing episodes not yet released on the volume releases up to the end of Season 4). The episodes were originally released in volume sets that started out in chronological order but later on became just random episodes. If I remember correctly, if you buy all the volumes + the "Season 4" DVD then you have all of season 1 through 4 (just not in order). I sold my volumes long ago when they started releasing them in seasons (not so sure if that was a good idea now).
PS: "Ninja Tribunal" is Season 5 & "Fast Forward" is season 6. There are also unaired episodes of "Fast Forward", a season 7 "Back To The Sewers", and a Season 8 "Mayhem From Mutant Island" That have all yet to be released.

Last edited by dkedvd; 07-22-09 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-22-09, 10:14 PM

But the S4 dvd was not in order and not complete, from what I read. It is also not in the same spine artwork format as S1 and S2.
Old 07-22-09, 10:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by soccerstud652
But the S4 dvd was not in order and not complete, from what I read.
I just said that above.

Originally Posted by soccerstud652
It is also not in the same spine artwork format as S1 and S2.
That is because it was a sum up of all the missing episodes yet released in the volumed sets. It was never part of the season releases.

Last edited by dkedvd; 07-22-09 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-22-09, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have all of the DVDs up until that Season 7 fiasco from May.. but I'm holding out for a complete series. It's inevitable.
Old 07-22-09, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm holding out for a Complete Series Set.

Originally Posted by mcfly
I have all of the DVDs up until that Season 7 fiasco from May.. but I'm holding out for a complete series. It's inevitable.
I think TVShowsOnDVD reported that they are releasing a Complete Season 7 that combines those 4 parts they released earlier this year.
Old 07-22-09, 11:00 PM

The 2k3 S4 2-disc set actually pretty much consists of the second half of Season 4.

The 2k3 series was first released in volume format, consisting of 3 to 6 episodes per disc. That continued for about 20 volumes or so (with the latter volumes' episodes being really out of order), then they released the "Season 4" set to wrap up that season on DVD. The "Lost" fifth season "Ninja Tribunal" was released as one DVD set, and Season 6 "Fast Forward" as two DVD sets.

They also went back and began re-releasing the episodes in order in two-disc sets (Season 1 Part 1 & 2 and Season 2 Part 1 & 2). But then the releases abruptly stopped. Word is is that 4Kids has moved the DVD release rights from FUNimation to Shout! Factory, but the releases have yet to restart.

We have no idea when the DVD & Blu-ray of the 25th Anniversary three-part episode or "movie" (titled "Turtles Forever") will be released, but it's being screened at Comic-Con and will air on CW4Kids by November. It features a crossover between the 2k3 TMNT and the 1980s Turtles.

Last edited by PrometheusUFO; 07-22-09 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-23-09, 09:25 PM

thanks for all the responses, im torn now, all the ones i mentioned i owned i got for 2.99 new at zellers.

i am missing half the show, and with the inevitable release of the whole series bound to happen im unshure if i should get the other volumes off ebay or just quit while im ahead and enjoy what i got.
Old 07-24-09, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

OK, here's the deal with 2K3 on DVD
Seasons 1 and 2:
The first 'set' of volumes (1-14) just contain all of season 1 and season 2, not always in order. All of the same episodes were released in order on season sets (Season 1, Part 1 and 2 + Season 2, Part 1 and 2)
Seasons 3 and 4:
Here's where it gets a little more screwy. The second 'set' of volumes (3.1-3.7) contain all but one episode of season three (the missing episode is on the Michelangelo's Christmas Rescue DVD with three season one episodes) and the first half of season 4, although not really in order. Then there is the Season 4 set, which is really the second half of season 4 (only one episode missing from the sequence, as it was already released on volume 3.5). So in summary, volumes 3.1-3.7 + Michelangelo's Christmas Rescue + season 4 = all of season 3 and 4
Seasons 5 and 6:
These are easy, Ninja Tribunal is season 5 and the two Fast Forward volumes are all of season 6
Season 7:
Not (yet) released on DVD.

To summarize, if you want all of the TMNT 2K3 episodes on DVD, here's what you need (and what I have ):
Season 1, parts 1 and 2 (1x01-1x26)
Season 2, parts 1 and 2 (2x01-2x26)
Volumes 3.1-3.7 (3x01-4x12 EXCEPT 3x12 and 4x11)
Michelangelo's Christmas Rescue (3x12, 1x01, 1x05, 1x10)
Season 4 (4x10-4x26 EXCEPT 4x12)
Ninja Tribunal (5x01-5x12)
Fast Forward, volumes 1 and 2 (6x01-6x26)

Here's a cheat sheet at the TV IV I've made

Originally Posted by dkedvd
There are also unaired episodes of "Fast Forward", a season 7 "Back To The Sewers", and a Season 8 "Mayhem From Mutant Island" That have all yet to be released.
As far as I know, there are no unaired episodes of Fast Forward, just unproduced ones. As for Mayhem From Mutant Island, that's not season 8, it's some short webisodes which I'm guessing would show up on a season 7 DVD as extras.

BTW, mcfly and kstublen are referring to the original TMNT series, not the 2K3 series.
Old 07-24-09, 11:52 AM

^thanks very much
Old 07-24-09, 12:19 PM

It's actually confusing but I call "Back To The Sewer" Season 8 due to the ten unproduced episodes of "Fast Forward". The 4Kids.TV website does too. They even have the first unproduced episode on their site (that's mainly just animated storyboards with voices recorded), but you have to unlock it as a "reward" to view it. :/
Old 07-24-09, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"

Originally Posted by PrometheusUFO
The 2k3 S4 2-disc set actually pretty much consists of the second half of Season 4.

The 2k3 series was first released in volume format, consisting of 3 to 6 episodes per disc. That continued for about 20 volumes or so (with the latter volumes' episodes being really out of order), then they released the "Season 4" set to wrap up that season on DVD. The "Lost" fifth season "Ninja Tribunal" was released as one DVD set, and Season 6 "Fast Forward" as two DVD sets.

They also went back and began re-releasing the episodes in order in two-disc sets (Season 1 Part 1 & 2 and Season 2 Part 1 & 2). But then the releases abruptly stopped. Word is is that 4Kids has moved the DVD release rights from FUNimation to Shout! Factory, but the releases have yet to restart.

We have no idea when the DVD & Blu-ray of the 25th Anniversary three-part episode or "movie" (titled "Turtles Forever") will be released, but it's being screened at Comic-Con and will air on CW4Kids by November. It features a crossover between the 2k3 TMNT and the 1980s Turtles.
Do you have a link for that Shout! Factory tidbit? I have never heard (or read) that before.
Old 07-24-09, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by macnorton
Do you have a link for that Shout! Factory tidbit? I have never heard (or read) that before.
A representative from 4Kids regularly posts at TheTechnodrome.com Forums and when a fan made mention of FUNimation discontinuing TMNT 2k3 on DVD, they posted this. They also hint later in the same thread that the "Turtles Forever" movie will be released on both DVD and Blu-ray.