Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Theme Time Radio Hour / Tom Petty's Buried Treasure / Underground Garage discussion

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Theme Time Radio Hour / Tom Petty's Buried Treasure / Underground Garage discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-09, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found Theme Time with the new Dylan album and was blown away by the show. I downloaded every one and have been working my way through the entire series.

Buried Treasure is somewhat similar, but it is more or less Tom Petty playing records from his collection. I also downloaded those, but the quality is hit or miss.

The Underground Garage is the original. Since I live in the NYC area, this has been constant. But I forgot about it for sometime and re-discovered it again recently. Much closer to Buried Treasure, but Little Steven know his stuff. I am planning on recording shows off the radio soon for this one, but his website has all of them available for streaming.

So are there other fans here? Know of any other shows like these?
Old 07-15-09, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts
Re: Theme Time Radio Hour / Tom Petty's Buried Treasure / Underground Garage discussi

It appears Beaker Street is still on the air. Back in the 70s, station KAAY in Little Rock, Arkansas was regular top 40 during the day, at 11pm they cranked up the watts for Beaker Street(11pm-2am Central). All deep album tracks, sometimes whole album sides. At 2am was Beaker Theater, old radio shows like Inner Sanctum, etc. I lived in Iowa and could pick it up crystal clear. Did a search and now it's on KKPT 94.1 The website www.beakerstreet.com has daily playlists and streaming.
Old 07-01-19, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Theme Time Radio Hour / Tom Petty's Buried Treasure / Underground Garage discussion

Anybody have audio files from the Buried Treasure episodes? Would be very interested in acquiring!