Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Dragon Hunters - new animated film I've never heard

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-09, 03:21 PM
Internet Brands

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just watched the video link on amazon this looks really impressive, Ive never heard of it though - anyone checked it out yet?
Old 06-27-09, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Re: Dragon Hunters - new animated film I've never heard

Absolutely stunning visuals, especially as this alien world slowly falls apart.

The dialogue is dopey but acceptable. All in all, pretty good.

BILL
Old 06-28-09, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had bought the German DVD in February...here were some of my comments on the film:

If you are looking for a mature children's animated film in the style of Coraline or Pixar flicks, I highly recommend this film. It's very exciting movie - definitely one of the best dragon-oriented films that I've seen. It's also one of the most visually original and exciting for a Pixar-type CG-animated film (with Wall-E in first place of course). The world in this movie is made up of a broken-up earth, with big areas of rocks, buildings floating around the atmosphere (it's sort of as if Earth is made up of a lot of mini-earths all sort of floating next to each other, always moving, but with gravity). This world is sort of similar to the world in Hong Kong's The Legend Of Zu. Dragon Hunters has the better story though. Besides Dragon Hunters and Legend of Zu having a similar heavenly scenery, both movies have similar monsters - In Legend of Zu, there's tons of skulls that merge and form into one mega-huge monster skull. In Dragon hunters, there's tons of bats that merge and form into one mega-huge monster.

This film was a nice surprise, and just wait till you see the main dragon villain in this film - pretty scary and huge - it's sort of like the same build up to the monster in Cloverfield.
Old 06-28-09, 12:26 PM
Emeritus Reviewer

I'll be posting my review for the site very soon, but until then: I loved it, and so did my daughter. A shame it didn't get a full release in the States.
Old 06-28-09, 07:53 PM

Woot! Thanks for this post. My nieces are on their summer vacation and I was looking for some DVD entertainment for them. This looks great!

Sue

ps: It's for me, too