Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

B1G1 Free (with shipping) is Back on

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-09, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B1G1 Free (with shipping) is Back on

Made an order of 4 Blu Ray titles to fullfill for slightly less then 54 bucks.
Old 06-05-09, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: B1G1 Free (with shipping) is Back on

I'm going to hold out. I want free shipping. I'm a cheap bastard. The last 2 times I placed orders where I paid for shipping, B1G1F w/free shipping came along less than a week later. I'm not falling for that again... I don't have to fulfill my new account anytime soon, so I have time to hold out. I'm not desperate for any titles right now anyway...
Old 06-05-09, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I'm going to hold out. I want free shipping. I'm a cheap bastard. The last 2 times I placed orders where I paid for shipping, B1G1F w/free shipping came along less than a week later. I'm not falling for that again... I don't have to fulfill my new account anytime soon, so I have time to hold out. I'm not desperate for any titles right now anyway...
You should have sent them an email and requested a refund for the shipping. I sent a polite email requesting a refund for the shipping since I had just placed my order and if I had known that they were going to offer free shipping, I would have waited. To my delight, they did issue the refund. As the old saying goes, you can't get greased if you don't squeak.
Old 06-05-09, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm tempted to order Blade Runner and The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray for $40 including shipping even though I don't have a Blu-Ray player. Those are 2 titles I plan on upgrading anyways and I think $20 each is a good deal. Yes? No?

Last edited by zekeburger1979; 06-05-09 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-05-09, 01:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

No free shipping? No deal for me. I can easily wait for the next free shipping weekend and BOGO Blu sale.

Last edited by Jfunk1; 06-05-09 at 01:45 PM. Reason: I mispelled BOGO as BOBO by accident
Old 06-05-09, 01:57 PM

Even with shipping, the 13.81 per title in my cart is hard to beat. It ends on the 7th so I'll hold out to the last minute and keep my fingers crossed that they throw in a free shipping code.
Old 06-05-09, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jfunk1
No free shipping? No deal for me. I can easily wait for the next free shipping weekend and BOGO Blu sale.
What's the likelihood of BOGO Blu w/free ship?
Old 06-05-09, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by DVD.guy
What's the likelihood of BOGO Blu w/free ship?
Enough of a chance to wait two days and see At least IMO. If there is a free shipping code it always comes out on the last day of the BOGO.
Old 06-05-09, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm just thankful they have the buy one get one free which is decent and impatient for free shipping though it would be awesome to get.
Old 06-05-09, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jester217300
Enough of a chance to wait two days and see At least IMO. If there is a free shipping code it always comes out on the last day of the BOGO.
That is exactly what I remember as well, so I'm waiting!!! I was pissed the last few times because I paid for shipping, then they suddenly offered free shipping on the last day...
Old 06-05-09, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
I'm tempted to order Blade Runner and The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray for $40 including shipping even though I don't have a Blu-Ray player. Those are 2 titles I plan on upgrading anyways and I think $20 each is a good deal. Yes? No?
The Dark Knight BD is currently on sale for $14.99 at TWEC stores (Suncoast, FYE), even cheaper if you are a backstage pass member... Just sayin...
Old 06-05-09, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by Perfect Tommy
Even with shipping, the 13.81 per title in my cart is hard to beat. It ends on the 7th so I'll hold out to the last minute and keep my fingers crossed that they throw in a free shipping code.
Don't hold your breath. They've disabled the ability to enter a code for stacking offers with this deal. The offer details say in part:
"...If you are not eligible for a free shipping offer, a shipping and processing charge will be added to each selection."
Old 06-05-09, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Don't hold your breath. They've disabled the ability to enter a code for stacking offers with this deal. The offer details say in part:
"...If you are not eligible for a free shipping offer, a shipping and processing charge will be added to each selection."
Sounds like more & more "account specific" codings being applied.
Old 06-05-09, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm holding out too. No free shipping and no accounts to fulfill means this isn't that good of a deal for me.
Old 06-05-09, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

$17 a disc is still a good deal for new releases, as far as I'm concerned. I'm in, but I'm gonna wait tilll after the mail comes tomorrow-- I've got an enrollment package on the way and would love to kill the obligation with this deal.

Last edited by filmsoncon; 06-05-09 at 07:25 PM. Reason: correction
Old 06-05-09, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Same here. Seems they had one of these "short window" BOGOs the last time, only to be followed-up by a much longer duration BOGO + free ship.
Old 06-06-09, 01:10 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

the lack of free shipping kills it for me. Absolutely no go. I doubt we'll see free shipping on this one with them disabling the promo code box. the last one was the same thing, no free shipping at all. Not worth it.
Old 06-06-09, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by filmsoncon
$17 a disc is still a good deal for new releases, as far as I'm concerned. I'm in, but I'm gonna wait tilll after the mail comes tomorrow-- I've got an enrollment package on the way and would love to kill the obligation with this deal.
Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Same here. Seems they had one of these "short window" BOGOs the last time, only to be followed-up by a much longer duration BOGO + free ship.
If you've received the "Welcome to the club" email, why wait? You have access so go for it!

If you did a phone enrollment you can call CS and get the necessary information to access your account before the package arrives. All you need is the account number as you already know your zip code.
Old 06-06-09, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

From the "Codes" thread...
Originally Posted by luckman65
Hope someone can figure this out...cause for the life of me, I can't.
I have these in my cart, all Blu-ray:

Journey to the Center of the Earth FREE
Wild China 29.96
Dr. Strangelove (pre-order) 21.71
Master and Commander FREE
True Romance FREE
Grease FREE
Gran Torine (pre-order) (2-disc) 26.96
Slumdog (2-disc) 29.96

It says my total is 108.59, and my average price for DVD, excluding sets, is 11.23.
But, if I divide 8 into 108.59, avg price is $13+.

I have those 2-disc blus in my cart...are these sets?

If I add up only the 1-disc blus, the average is less than the 'average cost'

Basically, with shipping, my per disc cost is $15+, and I want my cost to be $13+.
Yes, semantics, but, very confused here.

If anyone can figure this out, thanks!
There's something about the way the price of "Wild China" is being computed in the cart. While it shows correctly it's not averaged correctly. I duplicated your cart, removed "Wild China" and "Journey to the Center of the Earth" and got a correct average.

BUT... here's an interesting glitch I discovered in the process. When I put "Wild China" and "Journey..." back in the cart it gave me "Slumdog" FREE with a new total of $101.09 for a true average of $12.63 per disk with a $14.75 per disk average w/shipping added (assuming std. shipping charges as I did not go through checkout to see). Basically this appeared to cause all the identical $$ amounts to match for B1G1 which is not always the case. Another example of the "play with your cart some before you order" syndrom.
Old 06-06-09, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I've been trying for almost 4 months to get approved for a TV club account just so I could get in on the next BOGO Blu-ray sale. Applied 5 times, never heard a peep from them. So frustrating.
Old 06-06-09, 09:50 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by collven
I've been trying for almost 4 months to get approved for a TV club account just so I could get in on the next BOGO Blu-ray sale. Applied 5 times, never heard a peep from them. So frustrating.
Try doing a phone application, works every time I try, I can never get online applications to go through.
Old 06-06-09, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You can't use code HDL with a phone application for the TV club, which is the point.
Old 06-06-09, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by collven
Answered in the appropriate thread for your question.
Old 06-06-09, 11:33 AM

From the "Codes" thread...

There's something about the way the price of "Wild China" is being computed in the cart. While it shows correctly it's not averaged correctly. I duplicated your cart, removed "Wild China" and "Journey to the Center of the Earth" and got a correct average.

BUT... here's an interesting glitch I discovered in the process. When I put "Wild China" and "Journey..." back in the cart it gave me "Slumdog" FREE with a new total of $101.09 for a true average of $12.63 per disk with a $14.75 per disk average w/shipping added (assuming std. shipping charges as I did not go through checkout to see). Basically this appeared to cause all the identical $$ amounts to match for B1G1 which is not always the case. Another example of the "play with your cart some before you order" syndrom.
Glad you figured out your issue.
Old 06-06-09, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

If you've received the "Welcome to the club" email, why wait? You have access so go for it!

If you did a phone enrollment you can call CS and get the necessary information to access your account before the package arrives. All you need is the account number as you already know your zip code.
It was a phone enrollment. CS closed at 7pm last night and doesn't open until Monday morning, after the sale ends. The bastards. Only number that I can get a live person on appears to be the enrollment line, and they say that can't help me. For God's sake, CS should at least be open during the day on Saturday.

I have another open account that I can order on, but Jesus... I'd so prefer to knock out the obligation on this new account.

Last edited by filmsoncon; 06-06-09 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Correction

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.