Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Damnation

Old 05-30-09, 12:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damnation

Anyone else check this out? This is just an awful game, terrible AI, poor gunplay, and terrible multiplayer. I had high hopes and was very disappointed. I think IGN or Gamespot one gave it a 2.5/10. It barely earns that.
Old 05-30-09, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
Re: Damnation

I asked about this on in the 360 thread when it came out. It looked cool, but I figured it sucked because it just showed up in the stores with no fanfare or anything. It's made by Codemasters and it seems their shooters just keep getting crap reviews.
Old 05-30-09, 01:53 PM
Banned

I Gamefly'ed it and wish I hadn't. Now the achievement whore in me wants to finish the campaign. I can't imagine how pissed I would be if I bought this, this makes Terminator: Salvation look like Halo.
Old 05-30-09, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by FusionX
Anyone else check this out? This is just an awful game, terrible AI, poor gunplay, and terrible multiplayer. I had high hopes and was very disappointed. I think IGN or Gamespot one gave it a 2.5/10. It barely earns that.
I followed this when it was anounced and my first thought was Assassins Creed mixed with futuristic "Wild West". I started getting worried as the date got closer less fanfare and previews. Sounds like another "Terminator", right vision, game thought but final result sucks. Too bad as Codesmasters are a good outfit.
Old 06-13-09, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nothing what everyone probably knows but Teamxbox has a review...more like a murder...of the game up...OUCH...3.7

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1717/Damnation/p1/

The last line in the review pretty much sums it up...."I can't even recommend that you try it as a rental"
Old 06-13-09, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

I'll never understand how companies can release games like this. It's like, don't you guys see what works and what doesn't? Did you even test this game to see how people would like it?
Old 06-13-09, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I'll never understand how companies can release games like this. It's like, don't you guys see what works and what doesn't? Did you even test this game to see how people would like it?
This game held so much promise when I watched the trailers released awhile back. The idea and concept gave me the impression of a western punk style furturistic shooter with a bit of Assassin's Creed movement thrown in. But somewhere along the tail in it seems someone just said, "screw it, just realease the damm thing" or told the testers to take the week off. What a shame....and it makes the guys over at Unreal look like crap.
Old 06-14-09, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

I told a friend to not buy this game after reading the horrendous review but he says that he doesn't listen to reviews and judges games on his own merit. That is fine and all but sure gets expensive after awhile. Now I can't get him to admit that the game is terrible although I can tell by talking to him about it that he knows it is.
Old 06-14-09, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

never played it but heard terrible things about it.

Codemasters is known to make mediocre games so it doesn't surprise me this game did bad.
Old 06-15-09, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I think it goes back to the saying, "no developers sets out saying, I want to make a sh*t game". Things go wrong in the development process, and the publisher rather release a broken crap game than invest more money into a failed project.
Old 06-17-09, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sg2386
never played it but heard terrible things about it.

Codemasters is known to make mediocre games so it doesn't surprise me this game did bad.
I wouldn't call "ALL" their stuff mediocre by any means. Their racing games are some of the best. They just have issues with the other style games.