Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tiger Woods Golf, Wii or PS3?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-09, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Tiger Woods Golf, Wii or PS3?

Has anyone played both? I want to pick one of these up, but I don't know that I want to spend my time actually "golfing" with the wiimote. Tell me all you can.
Old 05-29-09, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Tiger Woods Golf, Wii or PS3?

Wii duh. Motion plus ftw.
I assume you are talking about 2010? Right? That comes out in two weeks?
but I don't know that I want to spend my time actually "golfing" with the wiimote.
Oh well nevermind.
Old 05-29-09, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I got ALOT of play out of TW2008 for the Wii. I played the ps3 demo for 2010, and the graphics are better, and I'm sure they'll be more features and stuff. But I doubt I'd play it as much as I would for the Wii. Its about the only game I whip out anymore for the Wii...
Old 05-29-09, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 05-29-09, 12:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nes
Old 05-29-09, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

i'm thinking of getting the Wii version with motion plus, but I'm looking for a different experience I guess this time around.
Old 05-29-09, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

On one of the podcasts I listen to (IGN Nintendo FWIW), they were talking about the new Wii version and said it was hands down the best version of the game. Apparently, it mimics a real golfing swing quite acuratly. For me, that would be a negative. I would go for Mario Golf on the GC. Much cheaper and more "arcady." But I like arcade golf much more than sim golf.
Old 05-29-09, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk God

That's my problem. When I play Tiger Woods, I enjoy a rum and coke, some good music, and sitting around playing some golf. I don't know that I want to give up a relaxing video game to go with standing up, swinging away for each shot, swinging away for a putt, etc.
Old 05-29-09, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by kvrdave
That's my problem. When I play Tiger Woods, I enjoy a rum and coke, some good music, and sitting around playing some golf. I don't know that I want to give up a relaxing video game to go with standing up, swinging away for each shot, swinging away for a putt, etc.
Then why even consider the Wii version in the first place?

Personally, playing golf on the Wii is one of the few enjoyable motion controls that seems to fit with the system. A friend and I enjoy drinking a beer and hitting thru some holes all the time with We Love Golf!

The new motion plus for the new Tiger game is icing on the cake in my opinion. One of the few Wii games I may actually buy day of release.
Old 05-29-09, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk God

I had wondered if it might be an either/or thing, which would be nice.
Old 05-29-09, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be getting it for the PS3. I have a wii also, but don't like playing golf on it. I think it fucks with my tempo.........and since I use the rhythm method, I gotta be on time.
Old 05-29-09, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Could wait til the fall and play the full graphic version that will be playable on pc and mac but is completely browser based so system requirements is low. The only down fall is that it is subscription based and there are no details yet on price per month,
Old 05-29-09, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You could get Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds for PS3. It should be on sale now and is cartoony but very deep and possibly the best golf game ever made.
Old 05-30-09, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk God

I will give that a look. Thanks.
Old 05-30-09, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Just looked it up. I don't like the simple button interface. The analog stick swing is my preferred.
Old 05-30-09, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kvrdave
Just looked it up. I don't like the simple button interface. The analog stick swing is my preferred.
Hot Shots has both.
Old 05-31-09, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

The demo is out now for the 360. It will be released on the PS3 June 4th.
Old 05-31-09, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk God

I will download that badboy. Thanks.
Old 06-01-09, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have bought every release of Hot Shots golf since the PS2. It may be one of the greatest games on any console for those of us who don't want to spend 10 hours/day playing FPS or role playing games.

For us casual gamers, Hot Shots is awesome.

I like Tiger as well, but Hot Shots rules. And I don't want to play either on Wii. I have Swing Away for Wii and it's too much work.
Old 06-21-09, 09:09 AM

is tiger woods 2010 any good
Old 06-21-09, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

My step dad raves about the game. He says it's fun and looks really good. He has the PS3 version.
Old 06-28-09, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

TW10 on the Wii is awesI honestly don't get the couch potato mentality when you can actually have what amounts to a home golf simulator. (The response with M+ is miles beyond previous versions, and the putting WORKS.) Playing a 'real' swing-the-club golf game online with friends is a plus, and the disc golf bonus is a huge plus imo.

I've checked out many golf video games, from the TG16 and Gameboy thru modern systems. I just don't see the thrill of pressing a button or 2 at the right time when the physical swing is so much more satisfying.
Old 06-28-09, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!

Originally Posted by drmoze
TW10 on the Wii is awesI honestly don't get the couch potato mentality when you can actually have what amounts to a home golf simulator. (The response with M+ is miles beyond previous versions, and the putting WORKS.) Playing a 'real' swing-the-club golf game online with friends is a plus, and the disc golf bonus is a huge plus imo.

I've checked out many golf video games, from the TG16 and Gameboy thru modern systems.

I just don't see the thrill of pressing a button or 2 at the right time when the physical swing is so much more satisfying.
Then why not just go golfing? It's not like racing or flight simulators when you either can't afford a jet, or don't have a vehicle to go 200mph, just go to a course a swing away. When I play video games, it's relax time, so sitting down pushing buttons is just fine by me. Also, I do alot of gaming after my kids go to bed, so hopping around the house isn't always an option.
Old 06-28-09, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
Then why not just go golfing? It's not like racing or flight simulators when you either can't afford a jet, or don't have a vehicle to go 200mph, just go to a course a swing away. When I play video games, it's relax time, so sitting down pushing buttons is just fine by me. Also, I do alot of gaming after my kids go to bed, so hopping around the house isn't always an option.
Tiger Woods Golf 2010 (Wii) - $59.99

1 round of golf at TPC Sawgrass (non-member) in 100+ degree weather - $495/pp (though I do believe that includes a night at the hotel, which is required for non-members)

Plus you have to dedicate 4.5 hours to it.

I wonder. The accuracy is pretty cool in the game and it isn't noisy/you aren't exactly hoping around the house. Though you will swear more. So I guess that counts.

People generally play golf because it's relaxing to them (I call these people "crazy") by that same thought process, Wii golf should be just as relaxing (read: not at all.) -- buy whichever one you'll enjoy more, simple as that. I personally never understood the appeal of Golf games on a game controller (outside of a few mini-golf games).

Last edited by RichC2; 06-28-09 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-28-09, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
Then why not just go golfing?
I'm not sure where you live, but it isn't that easy for some of us to just head to the golf course several times a week for the golf fix. I agree real golfing should be part of it, but Tiger Woods on Wii is a great supplement. I finally got to play the Wii version and it was down right amazing. The 360 version is still good, but seems mostly a carbon copy of 09, 08 and so on. The Wii version is definitely the one to get and disc golf is also a blast to play in the Wii version. This is the second straight game I have played (with Ghostbusters being the first) that was more fun to play on the Wii.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.