Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NCAA Football 10.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-09, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts
NCAA Football 10.

From Pastapadre.com

The official announcements are only a couple hours away but most of the covers for NCAA Football 10 are out. Gamestop has posted up all of them except the 360 version. On the PSP it is USC QB Mark Sanchez and the PS2 is Texas DE/OLB Brian Orakpo. Already known was Utah QB Brian Johnson who captured the PS3 version.

Old 06-19-09, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts
Re: NCAA Football 10.

The demo is out for the 360 and the PS3.
Old 06-19-09, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buyer beware...the sliders don't currently work and the rosters are GROSSLY incorrect. Please use caution and/or wait for the discussed patch before buying.
Old 06-19-09, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The game doesn't come out for another month. What are you talking about?
Old 06-19-09, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Quake1028
The game doesn't come out for another month. What are you talking about?

I am an OS'er.

Trust me.

EA has released a statement and is working diligently on fixing the game and having it corrected on release date.

But at this point, it is severly broken.
Old 06-19-09, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm sure it will be mostly fixed by release date, with a good amount of patches to follow. I have it pre-ordered for a good price/shipping, so I won't cancel it just yet.
Old 06-19-09, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm sure it will be mostly fixed by release date, with a good amount of patches to follow. I have it pre-ordered for a good price/shipping, so I won't cancel it just yet.

I would not have bought it if it weren't for the EA Sims deal, but they have a LONG way to go before they can have a patch at launch. The rosters guy was let go last year and the current rosters shipped with the game are TERRIBLE. There is a lot of work ahead for the NCAA team and considering they didn't even put the numbers on the Bama helmets, I am not optimistic they can get it done.

The good news is the Madden team has been receptive to the community and felt owned by The Show and have drastically changed Madden with all sorts of little and big details.
Old 06-19-09, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thelwig14
I would not have bought it if it weren't for the EA Sims deal, but they have a LONG way to go before they can have a patch at launch. The rosters guy was let go last year and the current rosters shipped with the game are TERRIBLE. There is a lot of work ahead for the NCAA team and considering they didn't even put the numbers on the Bama helmets, I am not optimistic they can get it done.

The good news is the Madden team has been receptive to the community and felt owned by The Show and have drastically changed Madden with all sorts of little and big details.
The roster problem reminds me of what they did with the NCAA Baseball series where they let that go untouched and out to pasture. If that Sam Keller lawsuit goes through this could be the "wave of the future" unfortunately.

I also recall reading that the EA people "fall back on" the gaming community to make sure the rosters are up to snuff. That's a really bad idea especially if you give the hardcore roster nuts a poor foundation to work with.
Old 06-19-09, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Buyer beware...the sliders don't currently work and the rosters are GROSSLY incorrect. Please use caution and/or wait for the discussed patch before buying.
I had to double check the date of this post to make sure you weren't talking about last years version.

Looks like I may be talking a year off.
Old 06-19-09, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Darnit... I took last year off, and I already preordered this one (not to mention the Keller lawsuit kinda scares me about the future versions).

Plus I wanted Sanchez on the 360 cover...
Old 06-19-09, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts

Sam Keller is ghey.
Old 06-20-09, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't think Keller has anything to do it. I think it was wholly a GIGANTIC oops!
Old 06-20-09, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This game blows. I just got done playing the demo and I appreciate being able to play as my favorite college team (Go Gators!) this game sucks. What is up with the play styles, Aggressive, Conservative, etc. WTF? Just let me pick the goddamn plays. Why should I give a fuck what plays Corso suggests? And the graphics look worse than last gen. I wanted to like this game because I knew the Gators would be good in it but this game just sucks. It's like all they added was an animation of cheerleaders being thrown in the air.
Old 06-20-09, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought the demo was ok. More like NCAA 09.5 I have it pre-ordered since I got a deal through the EAstore.com

I'll still get it because I need my football fix, but I probably will resort to Madden 10 after that arrives.
Old 06-25-09, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

So what are we supposed to play? "Black College Football"?

I finally got a current gen system (an Xbox 360) back in March, so I've been really looking forward to this year's NCAA game. As I haven't bought one since the '03 edition for the PS2, I'll probably still get it, despite the flaws. I'm really jonesin'.
Old 07-09-09, 10:19 PM

Games comes out on Tuesday, anybody know of any deals?
Old 07-09-09, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Best Buy isn't having a sale, per se, but they are doing a midnight release at some of their locations.

Amazon has it for $53, I believe. They used to have it for $49, which is when I pre-ordered it. I have since cancelled. For the first time in probably a decade, I won't be a day one purchaser. Just not feeling this year's version. And with Gamestop doing their annual "trade NCAA10 and get credit toward Madden" (this year it's $40 in credit) - Gamestop will be flooded with copies within weeks, as usual. I'll pick it up eventually in a B2G1Free sale.
Old 07-11-09, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, mine shipped already from EA.com. I got it for $30 via the Best Buy selling EA Point codes half off. I basically bought 6 $10 code for $30 (or was it 3 $20...whatever).

Now, hopefully someone updates roster for 360 right away

I honestly am not as excited for this game this year, but I figure why not. For $30, I can make out and trade it for Madden for $40 at GameStop if I get sick of it. I already have Madden on Pre-Order at BBV (with leftover credit I had....but I can always switch that).

Last edited by DJ_Longfellow; 07-11-09 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-11-09, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mine as well.

A patch with the correct rosters and working sliders is finished by EA. They hope to have it in a locker by Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

When I get word, I will post the locker here as well.

So far the impressions of the game are shockingly positive.
Old 07-11-09, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Daryl
And with Gamestop doing their annual "trade NCAA10 and get credit toward Madden" (this year it's $40 in credit) - Gamestop will be flooded with copies within weeks, as usual. I'll pick it up eventually in a B2G1Free sale.
That's what I plan on doing (not necessarily in a sale, though). I imagine I'll pick it up used shortly before the season starts.

This may be no big deal to those who went to schools with big time sports programs, but my Spider pride is beaming:

Richmond Featured On EA Sports NCAA Football 2010 Cover

An image of a Spider player is featured on the back cover of the XBOX 360 and Playstation 3 games.

July 10, 2009

UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND, Va. - EA Sports has unveiled the cover designs for its NCAA Football 2010 game, and the reigning National Champion Richmond Spiders are on the cover. The Spider likeness is featured throwing a pass on the back covers for each of the XBOX 360 and Playstation 3 platforms.

EA Sports produced four different box covers for each of the four gaming platforms, placing an image of former Texas Tech WR Michael Crabtree on front of the XBOX 360 game, former USC QB Mark Sanchez on the PSP game, former Texas DT Brian Orakpo on the Playstation 2 box and former Utah QB Brian Johnson on the Playstation 3 game.

A likeness to any current college player is against NCAA rules.

The back covers to the XBOX 360 and Playstation 3 games each feature three images: a USC player leaping over an Ohio State player, a digital image of a player in a Spider helmet and Richmond's home jersey throwing a pass, and a photo of ESPN's Erin Andrews, who is a commentator for the EA Sports game.

http://www.richmondspiders.com/sport...071009aab.html
Old 07-11-09, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

I don't normally follow NCAA sports, or buy any games, but this looks pretty fun.
Old 07-11-09, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Mine as well.

A patch with the correct rosters and working sliders is finished by EA. They hope to have it in a locker by Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

When I get word, I will post the locker here as well.

So far the impressions of the game are shockingly positive.
Good to hear. The roster thing didn't bother me in the slightest because I always get custom rosters anyway from one of those godly people who take the time to do it right.
Old 07-11-09, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Good to hear. The roster thing didn't bother me in the slightest because I always get custom rosters anyway from one of those godly people who take the time to do it right.
It should have because the current rosters are SO OFF it would have taken Fairdale (or whomever) much, much longer to work on them.

Either way, if the patch gets released on time, we should have the first draft of mainly just names by Friday.
Old 07-12-09, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Over on Operation Sports, it appears a LOT of people are NOT doing the "real" names this year...saying it wasn't worth there time. I hope we have something, because without the names, it just feels too generic to me.
Old 07-12-09, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Over on Operation Sports, it appears a LOT of people are NOT doing the "real" names this year...saying it wasn't worth there time. I hope we have something, because without the names, it just feels too generic to me.

There will be...and it doesn't have to come from OS...only one is needed.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.