Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

K-Os: Yes!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-09, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
K-Os: Yes!

Track Listing:
TRACK 01 Zambony
TRACK 02 Astronaut
TRACK 03 Burning Bridges
TRACK 04 Uptown GirL
TRACK 05 I Wish I Knew Natalie Portman
TRACK 06 4321
TRACK 07 Eye Know Something
TRACK 08 The Aviator
TRACK 09 FUN!
TRACK 10 Mr. Telephone Man
TRACK 11 WhipC.R.E.A.M.
TRACK 12 The Avenue

Has anyone else ordered this? I just ordered a copy tonight after hearing the "4321" single. I had NO idea he had a new album coming out! The last album of his came out my senior year of high school and I couldn't stop listening to it. Truly one of my favorite albums (Atlantis: Hymns for Disco). I love all of his albums and was pleasantly surprised to find a new album was out. I couldn't wait for a U.S. release to be announced (though I hope a U.S. release is coming). This should arrive to me in just a couple of days.

Anyone else have thoughts on this? Do any of you here have his new album yet?

Last edited by GenPion; 04-14-09 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-15-09, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: K-Os: Yes!

I picked it up yesterday, only had a chance to listen to it once so far but it seems pretty solid. I love k-os, he has yet to disappoint IMO.... more thoughts once I've had a while to listen to it more.
Old 04-15-09, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Atlantic: Hymns for Disco was disappointing. I got it, listened to it all the way through once or twice, and just found nothing memorable. Now... Last Exit is phenomenal.

Can one of you guys recommend the best two songs off of the former so I can re-listen and maybe give the album another chance?
Old 04-17-09, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Bus
Atlantic: Hymns for Disco was disappointing. I got it, listened to it all the way through once or twice, and just found nothing memorable. Now... Last Exit is phenomenal.

Can one of you guys recommend the best two songs off of the former so I can re-listen and maybe give the album another chance?
That's a tough question for me. I love all three of his previous albums and Atlantis: Hymns for Disco is my favorite so far. If I had to guess my two favorite tracks on the album are: Sunday Morning, and Black Ice: Hymn 4 Disco.

Atlantis was definitely a grower album. The more I listened to it, the more I liked it. It's somewhat less focused than his other albums but it offers so many interesting musical styles that it really appealed strongly to me. I would honestly suggest giving the entire album another try.

His new album still hasn't arrived to me yet but I'm still very excited for it. I'm just glad I was able to get it for only $15 shipped off of Amazon's marketplace.
Old 04-17-09, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

GenPion, have you heard K'Naan yet? I think you'll really like him. I'm liking him much more than K-Os (who I also love).
Old 04-17-09, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Even though it was Crab Bucket II, I really like "Flypaper" off of Atlantis and "Born To Run." I was surprised to hear K-os take on Phantom Planet's California on this record, using the main hook as part of "I Wish I Knew Natalie Portman" (best song title ever)...and I actually sort of think it works K'Naan is awesome too.
Old 04-17-09, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdc3000
using the main hook as part of "I Wish I Knew Natalie Portman" (best song title ever)
You might like this band...

= J
Old 04-17-09, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Awesome.